Devils jerseys for the game at Yankee Stadium

nmm90392

Your first mistake was going to get a Jagr jersey... :lol:

Just kidding..

But I hope we use the retro unis.  I'm in love with them.  Got a Marty 29 when they first went on sale.  I stopped in the Devs den after the game last night and saw a huge rack with them (160 no name, which is bonkers) and I want an Elias.  I'm going to wait to see what we officially come out with for this game.  Whatever it is, I want one..  

I hate the idea of wearing throwbacks ever. I knew something like this was going to happen. Lou was going to say no but the league was going to make them do something. There's only one retro to choose from. And of course they're going to make it a devils home game so they can can keep 41 at MSG

Sometimes Lou has to just let it go. What's that bad about a 3rd jersey? Might even make a little extra cash from it. Some of the concepts I've seen are pretty badass too especially the ones that are black with red trim.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

^^^^This.

Some of you guys are way too jaded. Jeez, if you want a throwback jersey, get it; if you don't, don't. Same with overpriced tickets to an outdoor game. I got 4 tickets because it's something exciting, and something different. At the end of the day, it's just a game after all, and the outdoor concept is fun, for some. You're taking it all out of proportion and context when you get into debates about economics and consumerism, give it a rest.

You all should be thrilled at opportunities that allows our organization to get more press and make more revenue; and if you're not, if you think this is all capitalistic opportunistic bullsh!t, then don't cry about us losing out on players and free agents when our organization's budget is too tight to accommodate them.

The real crisis in our franchise this year is attendance, which has been abysmal so far, yet here we are quabling about how much we dislike third jerseys and Dolan's tax exemptions..

Sometimes Lou has to just let it go. What's that bad about a 3rd jersey? Might even make a little extra cash from it. Some of the concepts I've seen are pretty badass too especially the ones that are black with red trim.

Third Jerseys are disgraceful. Black devils Jerseys with red trim would be an eyesore and a slap in the face top our great organization

The sarcasm clearly went over your head. Not surprising. But honestly though please stay home in January. don't forget to chant "you suck" from the couch  :giggle:

What part of you can't change the definition of a word on a whim is hard to get? You used indignant improperly, it doesn't matter if you were sarcastic.

And you are made of cheese, sir! Don't worry because I've changed the definition of cheese to mean atoms, so it makes sense because I'm sarcastic!

Edited by ATLL765
  • Like 2

What part of you can't change the definition of a word on a whim is hard to get? You used indignant improperly, it doesn't matter if you were sarcastic.

And you are made of cheese, sir! Don't worry because I've changed the definition of cheese to mean atoms, so it makes sense because I'm sarcastic!

Does this still mean you'll be chanting "you suck" from your couch while the rest us us enjoy the event for what it's for, the weather and atmosphere? 

• Like 1

You can definitely see that Vanderbeek was driving the throwback jersey game thing the past couple of years. I guess it was a compromise with Lou to have them be worn for only 1 game. It took a league mandate to get the Devils to wear the throwback stuff for a special event

I also think it's Lou and only Lou who's gotten rid of R&R part 2, because nobody, not even the new owners could be so stubborn.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Lou did this.  Let's face it.  Lou is not a fan friendly GM.

LOL thats funny.. even more funny that you just pointed this out on the lady that will argue with everyone for 3 weeks on wether its right or wrong to say you suck at a hockey game

Come on, now i just gave you some much due credit about being an ass.  :boogie:  You and some of the other kids need to learn a few things about not getting your way. I think your entry and subsequent failure into the jersey hobby is alot funnier.   :whistling:

Edited by TheRedStorm

I think your entry and subsequent failure into the jersey hobby is alot funnier.  :whistling:

my failure into the jersey hobby? lol you try to take a direct stab at me which is false any way because your going around arguing with people and making more and more enemies for yourself.. you have some list apparently of people that dont like you around here.. on top of which im not even into the "jersey hobby" i enjoy browsing through them online i own 2 game worn shirts that makes me that into the hobby? i do not consider myself some collector i bought them because i enjoy them and i wanted to own a piece of history from those players careers.. how is that a failure in the jersey hobby? because if im choosing to spend hundreds of dollars on having a couple game worn jerseys that i only wear here and there i dont go off and buy horrible quality jerseys that reebok sells for rip off prices from the devils den i rather buy china jerseys to wear to games that im just going to spill sh!t on and get dirty?.. that makes me a failure in the jersey hobby? LOL and this is what your doing with your time picking fights with a bunch of people probably 10 years younger then you on a forum board.. arent you suppose to be some type of mother? go make dinner for your family and leave the rest of us alone.

my failure into the jersey hobby? lol you try to take a direct stab at me which is false any way because your going around arguing with people and making more and more enemies for yourself.. you have some list apparently of people that dont like you around here.. on top of which im not even into the "jersey hobby" i enjoy browsing through them online i own 2 game worn shirts that makes me that into the hobby? i do not consider myself some collector i bought them because i enjoy them and i wanted to own a piece of history from those players careers.. how is that a failure in the jersey hobby? because if im choosing to spend hundreds of dollars on having a couple game worn jerseys that i only wear here and there i dont go off and buy horrible quality jerseys that reebok sells for rip off prices from the devils den i rather buy china jerseys to wear to games that im just going to spill sh!t on and get dirty?.. that makes me a failure in the jersey hobby? LOL and this is what your doing with your time picking fights with a bunch of people probably 10 years younger then you on a forum board.. arent you suppose to be some type of mother? go make dinner for your family and leave the rest of us alone.

I'm going to ignore the rest of this stupid diatribe because as i said to you before you're not worth it. But, i DO know you have a problem with women and it stretched to pepperkorn as well. 

Completely untrue and strictly opinionated. How are they disgraceful? Please explain that to me.

While I know this is not directed at me, I for one think for every third jersey out there that looks at least decent there are about a dozen others that are downright terrible. Most are obvious money grabs and since the third jersey program began in the mid 90s there is only one team who has so far batted 1.000 at it and it had been the rags with their liberty jerseys, heritage and winter classic jerseys. I know there are some that would argue there are better ones out there and that is fine since that is strictly opinion, but just looking over universally the rags are the only ones who seem to put out winners every time.

As for a black devils jersey, I really wouldn't care either way but i would rather they not do that. Plus if you really want a black devils jersey there is always the accelerator jerseys, the black ice jerseys and the two variants of the black fashion jerseys that starter put out in the mid to late 90s

i'm not ready to believe that the devils are simply wearing the usual retros. I can say it's likely, but based on what a guy @ the NHL store said - that's what we're basing as fact? Frankly, I hope not. Now, there's always a chance that they could come up with some ridiculously bad design but I wouldn't mind something different.

i'm glad the devils don't get a new alternate or jersey change every two years like some teams, but for this kind of occasion, i would love to get a special jersey.

and while i can't speak to any dolan-nyc-msg tax deal as to why they wouldn't be the home team for one of these games, i can assure you the devils are not sad about being the home team. my guess is that 90%+ of their season ticket holder base that got refunded for 1/41 paid exponentially more for their Yankee Stadium ticket. The Devils get that gate - these games aren't split evenly with all the NHL teams.

i'm not ready to believe that the devils are simply wearing the usual retros. I can say it's likely, but based on what a guy @ the NHL store said - that's what we're basing as fact? Frankly, I hope not. Now, there's always a chance that they could come up with some ridiculously bad design but I wouldn't mind something different.

i'm glad the devils don't get a new alternate or jersey change every two years like some teams, but for this kind of occasion, i would love to get a special jersey.

and while i can't speak to any dolan-nyc-msg tax deal as to why they wouldn't be the home team for one of these games, i can assure you the devils are not sad about being the home team. my guess is that 90%+ of their season ticket holder base that got refunded for 1/41 paid exponentially more for their Yankee Stadium ticket. The Devils get that gate - these games aren't split evenly with all the NHL teams.

If the rags are wearing either their standard white or more likely one of their retro whites, there really isn't much of a direction the devils would go unless its either a brand new red jersey design (knowing Lou and company I would highly doubt it) or just the red retro with a patch (I can see Lou agreeing to this). I'd rather have the red retro with a patch instead of a new red design. Knowing reebok and their design team you know they would try to make something "badass" but really come off as cheesy or designed by a 15 year old boy who plays too many video games while constantly hyped up on Mountain Dew.

I really wanted the white throwback but I'm almost 100% sure now that the door on that has been shut.

I'm going to ignore the rest of this stupid diatribe because as i said to you before you're not worth it. But, i DO know you have a problem with women and it stretched to pepperkorn as well.

it stretched to pepperkorn? LOL! i have never had anything negative to say about pepper at all.. sometimes ill bust her chops about something she says.. but as far as ive ever seen she doesnt go out of her way to try starting problems with people.. as ive said everyone knows exactly what you do here i dont need to waste anymore of my time on you just dont speak to me how about that? lol again just a few posts above me you went out of your way to try to insult me about collecting jerseys, you failed horribly but you still tried i guess... as everyone can see i didnt say a single thing to you before that i laughed about something someone said about you.. didnt say anything wrong or mean or go out of my way to argue with you.. again everyone sees how you are here all they have to do is read.. just out to fight with people..

it stretched to pepperkorn? LOL! i have never had anything negative to say about pepper at all.. sometimes ill bust her chops about something she says.. but as far as ive ever seen she doesnt go out of her way to try starting problems with people.. as ive said everyone knows exactly what you do here i dont need to waste anymore of my time on you just dont speak to me how about that? lol again just a few posts above me you went out of your way to try to insult me about collecting jerseys, you failed horribly but you still tried i guess... as everyone can see i didnt say a single thing to you before that i laughed about something someone said about you.. didnt say anything wrong or mean or go out of my way to argue with you.. again everyone sees how you are here all they have to do is read.. just out to fight with people..

As i said in another thread to you....you have absolutely NO room to talk about anyone else "starting problems". As i said i didn't "fail horribly", i just know you're an absolute lost cause and i've known that for months,