Zajac injuries himself in practice

BigZ

No I didn't. You said that the excuse of him being good at defense isn't enough after all these years.

1. It certainly was enough up until this year, so I don't understand your complaint.

2. He doesn't have to really do a whole lot more for him to be worth $5.75. i.e. 50 points per season, which is certainly within reach for him.

That is my rebuttal to your comment.

I would argue that he needs to hit 60 points, but each of us judge the value of money differently. Either way, however he needs to do that and thusfar he isn't on his way towards that so therefore right now it's not good enough.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue that he needs to hit 60 points, but each of us judge the value of money differently. Either way, however he needs to do that and thusfar he isn't on his way towards that so therefore right now it's not good enough.

Clarkson is getting the same amount of money, but just for his stat line. Zajac does all the right things and will NEVER, during the length of their contracts, put up less points than Clarky. I guarantee it. You can save this post and everything, I'll eat my and everyone else's hats if I'm wrong. The cap hit is gonna seem high for this season and maybe next year, but after that, this deal will be good value and will stay that way for the duration.

Look, this argument is simple really. Zajac is currently on pace for 28 points. Is that worth his current contract? No. That means he needs to get better. Period. Whether or not he has the capacity to get better is harder to determine because none of us are clairvoyant.

Edited by NewarkDevil5

Look, this argument is simple really. Zajac is currently on pace for 28 points. Is that worth his current contract? No. That means he needs to get better. Period. Whether or not he has the capacity to get better is harder to determine because none of us are clairvoyant.

Nobody is arguing that he's looked great. My argument is that we haven't had enough time to really judge how he's looked, so lets wait a few more games, if he doesn't turn it around by game 20 or so, the same deadline I've given the team to turn it around before I lose hope. He's shooting around 4.8% right now, so I imagine that will change.

Nobody is arguing that he's looked great. My argument is that we haven't had enough time to really judge how he's looked, so lets wait a few more games, if he doesn't turn it around by game 20 or so, the same deadline I've given the team to turn it around before I lose hope. He's shooting around 4.8% right now, so I imagine that will change.

That's fair enough, but I do believe that people showing concern have every right to do so as it's been far longer than 10 games since he's put up a 50pt/season pace for an extended period of time.

No I didn't. You said that the excuse of him being good at defense isn't enough after all these years.

1. It certainly was enough up until this year, so I don't understand your complaint.

2. He doesn't have to really do a whole lot more for him to be worth $5.75. i.e. 50 points per season, which is certainly within reach for him.

That is my rebuttal to your comment.

ALL I said was that at this point in his Devils career and with a new contract in place, his current offensive production is starting to reflect over his value and that he needs to pick it up.

You turned that into: The Devils never should have given Zajac that contract and I am throwing him under the bus.

The point I made was very gentle and very simple: At this point, Zajac's offensive production needs to improve. 

I also specifically used the word "consistently."

You failed to not just interpret but to read my post correctly, and you did so with an attitude. Hence, my aggressive tone.

Oh sh!t...I know the achilles heel is major but what are the odds of this being a career ending injury?Will the tendon ever recover 110%?Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

have you read anything in this thread... pretty sure it wasnt even the same ankle that he rolled... it could be a career ending injury sure which is why hes playing tomorrow.

have you read anything in this thread... pretty sure it wasnt even the same ankle that he rolled... it could be a career ending injury sure which is why hes playing tomorrow.

Don't be an ass...a simple answer would of been enough. I browsed briefly.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I hope it's just precautionary.  And besides, it's not as if Zajac has been tearing it up.

he hasnt been tearing it up offensively but thats not even what i look towards zajac to do anymore simply because he never nets up any goals any more.. look to him more so for his play in general defensive etc. face offs

I think whenever a player on this team gets the slightest injury....he will miss more games than usual, just as an excuse to get some other players some game time action.

We have the luxury of having quality NHL players to fill in, so why not use it and give guys an extra day to really get back to 100%, right?

I think whenever a player on this team gets the slightest injury....he will miss more games than usual, just as an excuse to get some other players some game time action.

Maybe that's true...but why would you even take that chance right now when you NEED to start stringing some wins together?  It's not like we're 20 games over .500 where you can play around with the lineup.