Zajac injuries himself in practice

BigZ

Maybe that's true...but why would you even take that chance right now when you NEED to start stringing some wins together?  It's not like we're 20 games over .500 where you can play around with the lineup.

yeah true we do need wins, but maybe the guy sitting will play better than the vet that was playing

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caught an edge, rolled the ankle just a bit, iced it to reduce swelling. Minor, and he'll play tomorrow.

That's what I'm assuming until anyone can prove otherwise. Losing Zajac for a long time would be pretty devastating.

Well he's not playing so it can't be that minor.

I think Elias being out is more of a loss then Zajac.

What in the actual fvck has Travis Zajac done this season?

The Devils get 7.3% more shot attempts 5v5 when Zajac's on the ice compared to when he's not (Corsi For% Rel). That's 2nd on the team for forwards after Elias (9.7%) and ahead of Jagr (5.1%). If you count the number of unblocked shot attempts, Zajac at 5v5 helps the Devils get 9.1% more attempts when he's on the ice which is 1st for the forwards (Fenwick For% Rel). Zajac's 5v5 Corsi For% Rel ranks 26th amongst NHL forwards. His 5v5 Fenwick For% Rel ranks 14th amongst NHL forwards. Keep in mind Zajac tends to get tough defensive assignments which makes these numbers that much more impressive. He also starts 35.3% of his shifts in the neutral zone and 34.7% of his shifts in the defensive zone which is 2nd on team after Carter.

Zajac is also the only Devil with a Faceoff% above 50 - his is 51%. Amongst the Devils that have taken over 100 faceoffs so far, the next would be Elias at 43.4%, Loktionov at 41.8%, and Henrique at 41.6%.

Elias is the bigger loss, but if Zajac played tonight, things probably would've been a lot different. He consistently pushes the play forward and helps his teammates get shots towards the net.

Wow, believe it or not I hadn't read that, was just guessing/hoping. Talk about a lucky guess, haha

As for the score tomorrow? I learned a long while ago to not even attempt to predict outcomes :lol:

During the last cup run, I dreamt the night before game 5 of the conference finals that the devils were going to take a 3-0 lead only for the rangers to tie it. I also dreamt that Larsson was going to score the gwg game 2 of the flyers series. I'm not saying I'm psychic, but. Edited by thecoffeecake

Elias skated then came off the ice right before the game and told Debo.....cant do it tonight

I was so sure I had seen him in the warm-up then about 5 mins into the 2nd, I was thinking to myself, wait a minute, I don't think I've seen 26 all night. Glad I wasn't just seeing things, lol.

Elias skated then came off the ice right before the game and told Debo.....cant do it tonight

I saw him and made a comment to my friend I was with that it seemed like he wasn't really trying. Then I didn't see him anymore and made a comment that he had gotten off really early. Then I saw that he was out and made a comment that I was upset about it. :yucky:

I saw him and made a comment to my friend I was with that it seemed like he wasn't really trying. Then I didn't see him anymore and made a comment that he had gotten off really early. Then I saw that he was out and made a comment that I was upset about it. :yucky:

yea i noticed when they announced the line up on the screen that he was an extra or scratch.. and then knew something was up.