GDT: Devils @ Minnesota Parises

MadDog2020

. No he makes it home with a job, because Lou will rationalize the last two games being partial products of Zajac and Elias' absences. No moves. Status quo.

Maybe this is what fans expect due to Lou's history, but this team doesn't have the talent of Lemaire's team's in the late 90s, or Ftorek in 2000, or Robinson in 2002. If someone deserves to go, it has to be Lou over Pete in my opinion.

I think Pete is a very good coach and that's the sentiments of people way smarter than me. He hasn't lost the locker room or anything. The Devils have never quit on him. The team has lot a boatload of talent since the 2012 Cup run (which he coached), lost some very good coaches, and they have been replaced with nobody. The team has no forward prospects in the organization either. 

No new coach is really going to do all that much.

Maybe this is what fans expect due to Lou's history, but this team doesn't have the talent of Lemaire's team's in the late 90s, or Ftorek in 2000, or Robinson in 2002. If someone deserves to go, it has to be Lou over Pete in my opinion.

I think Pete is a very good coach and that's the sentiments of people way smarter than me. He hasn't lost the locker room or anything. The Devils have never quit on him. The team has lot a boatload of talent since the 2012 Cup run (which he coached), lost some very good coaches, and they have been replaced with nobody. The team has no forward prospects in the organization either. 

I think talent wise, there's more talent on this team than there was on the 06-07 and 07-08 teams.

my issue is that I'm not seeing anything resembling adjustments during the game. we use the same horrible dump chase lose puck strategy and they're not even shooting the past 2 nights.

I'm still firmly of the position that Lou is uncharted waters here. For most of his tenure he's had at least a decent squad.

I mean to basically start out with the game plan in 11-12 that you would build your team around Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk and Larsson then lose 3 of 4 two season's later with no good forward prospects, well, you're fvcked basically.

I wanna see our best lineup for at least 10 games before counting this team out.

who was hurt the first 10 games? clowe? sorry. that's not going to change my opinion.

missing your two best players tonight certainly matters but it's now two games with 0 goals and not enough shots or scoring chances to do anything with.

sometimes, you just need to bottom out and you have to hit when you do it. regardless of what people think, they're going to show they hit once with larsson. just need to do it again over the next couple of years. the multi-years to clowe/brunner/ryder look to be lou's worst offseason ever.

Team has too much age on it. As soon as guys start coming back others will get hurt...Jagr's groin will act up. Clowe will get dinged up again etc. It's rare to see the best lineup together even among well built teams. Somebody is usually always out

Clowe looked awful when he was out there. He isn't as clumsy as Clarkson but he's slow

Edited by '7'

who was hurt the first 10 games? clowe? sorry. that's not going to change my opinion.

missing your two best players tonight certainly matters but it's now two games with 0 goals and not enough shots or scoring chances to do anything with.

sometimes, you just need to bottom out and you have to hit when you do it. regardless of what people think, they're going to show they hit once with larsson. just need to do it again over the next couple of years. the multi-years to clowe/brunner/ryder look to be lou's worst offseason ever.

I still contend that Ryder isn't a bad contract.

Team has too much age on it. As soon as guys start coming back others will get hurt...Jagr's groin will act up. Clowe will get dinged up again etc. It's rare to see the best lineup together even among well built teams. Somebody is usually always out

Clowe looked awful when he was out there. He isn't as clumsy as Clarkson but he's slow

Exactly........this team is done............stick a friggen fork in them