GDT: Devils @ Minnesota Parises

MadDog2020

For who?

And considering this season alone has about a dozen players from this year's draft currently playing in the NHL, they're not as much of a crap-shoot. At least 24 players under 20 have played at least 1 game this season already.

the drop off from whoever we forfeit to Matteau probably will not be as great as you seem to think. And yes we could probably package some veterans with other picks to get a first from a playoff contender.

But I don't think Lou would do that until we are mathematically eliminated. And I still believe we will make a run at some point.

Schnieder at the rate it's going :P

Actually they probably will have a high enough second rounder to be able to trade into the first round...but it'll be 25/30, not the top ten pick we're set to give up now.

Schneider's face after that 3rd goal scared me. It was the look of someone who's about to go completely postal because of how atrocious of support he's getting.

the drop off from whoever we forfeit to Matteau probably will not be as great as you seem to think. And yes we could probably package some veterans with other picks to get a first from a playoff contender.

But I don't think Lou would do that until we are mathematically eliminated. And I still believe we will make a run at some point.

Matteau shouldn't have been a first round pick in the first place.

Should this atrocious play continue, we lose a top-10 pick, we'd give up on players of the Monahan/Nischusen[sp?] caliber. Yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are/will be better than Matteau.

I hope you're right that it won't be significant but with our luck over the past 3 summers, the trend will continue and we'll miss out on a solid player.

If it's a top ten pick it definitely stings more, but like I said I don't think this team (if healthy) is one of the worst 10 teams in the league.

Our roster is not on the level of Calgary buffalo, Florida and others. It's too early to be predicting a top 10 pick, and analysis has shown that after the top 5, the odds of getting a top player tails off dramatically and even more after top 10.

and that is exactly all they do constantly even not on the power play is the dump and chase dump and chase.. i cant stand to watch it anymore.. its like they dont have the skill to carry the puck into the offensive zone so this is how they try to get in

Dump and chase is all fine and good if its NOT the only approach you are taking. The Devils have to mix it up now and then to keep opponents honest. It cant be 100% dump and chase, 100% get puck to the point.

Dump and chase is all fine and good if its NOT the only approach you are taking. The Devils have to mix it up now and then to keep opponents honest. It cant be 100% dump and chase, 100% get puck to the point.

exactly why tight point and diamond+1s are so freaking effective against us, we're so darn predictable at times and i really feel as though the staff isnt making dynamic adjustments.

exactly why tight point and diamond+1s are so freaking effective against us, we're so darn predictable at times and i really feel as though the staff isnt making dynamic adjustments.

I'd really like to see the same thing I wanted before, have the point man move in low occasionally. I actually saw Larsson do this last night though. Didn't work out, but I think that's something that could throw off the D by having a little more movement besides pass it around the outside, take a shot, scramble.

Calgary so far is playing good hockey with no name goalies to boot.

If it's a top ten pick it definitely stings more, but like I said I don't think this team (if healthy) is one of the worst 10 teams in the league.

Our roster is not on the level of Calgary buffalo, Florida and others. It's too early to be predicting a top 10 pick, and analysis has shown that after the top 5, the odds of getting a top player tails off dramatically and even more after top 10.

Monahan has been a beast. Looks like a future captain and 30 goal scorer. Macdonald has been alright. They had a ahl goalie last night make 42 of 44 saves to beat Chicago. Like last year. Colorado and Calgary started off great. Your point is right both these teams lean off playing great for a whole season.

honestly I haven't watched a single Calgary game outside of ours, but looking at their roster I doubt they keep it up, just like I doubt our current putridness keeps up.

We all should hope this team does the best it possibly can. I still have enough confidence this team will be in the playoffs. We really just need a center and we're set.

Jesus Christ man get a grip on reality over here... we need a lot more then a center my man.. as ive said our first line is freakin zubrus-lokti-jagr.. thats pretty damn bad.. were missing a lot of parts

We all should hope this team does the best it possibly can. I still have enough confidence this team will be in the playoffs. We really just need a center and we're set.

you're like a combo of Mr Rodgers and Ned Flanders all rolled into one.....its forever sunny in your world,but pouring down sh!t in Devilsville.

Jesus Christ man get a grip on reality over here... we need a lot more then a center my man.. as ive said our first line is freakin zubrus-lokti-jagr.. thats pretty damn bad.. were missing a lot of parts.

That's not our normal first line.  What else do we need?  We have a very good defense.  We have good goaltending.  We have decent wingers.  The only position we're lacking in is center.

I think we should go hard after Hudler.  I think we have the pieces to get him.

Elias - Hudler - Jagr

Zubrus - Henrique - Ryder

Josefson - Zajac - Brunner

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Here's how I think the rest of the month is gonna play out.

Flyers: Win

Leafs: Loss

Preds: Win

Rags: Win

Kings: Loss

Pens: Loss

Ducks: Loss

Sharks: Loss

Jets: Win

Canes: Win

Sabres: Win

You're too optomistic.  I can see maybe four wins out of that with Canes and Sabres being two of them (we ain't sweeping the Canes though, unless Ward still isn't back).  We ain't beating the Jets either, we just do not match up with their speed at all.

Edited by NJDevs4978

You're too optomistic.  I can see maybe four wins out of that with Canes and Sabres being two of them (we ain't sweeping the Canes though, unless Ward still isn't back).  We ain't beating the Jets either, we just do not match up with their speed at all.

I'm actually being very realistic.

That's not our normal first line.  What else do we need?  We have a very good defense.  We have good goaltending.  We have decent wingers.  The only position we're lacking in is center.

I think we should go hard after Hudler.  I think we have the pieces to get him.

Elias - Hudler - Jagr

Zubrus - Henrique - Ryder

Josefson - Zajac - Brunner

Carter - Gionta - Bernier

granted its still early for them, Calgary is on fire, why would they break any part of that team up?

I know Feaster is due for his quarterly blunder, but he just signed Hudler this summer to a 4 year deal.

granted its still early for them, Calgary is on fire, why would they break any part of that team up?

I know Feaster is due for his quarterly blunder, but he just signed Hudler this summer to a 4 year deal.

It's a pipe dream.  But Lou should try.  Would you not agree center is our weakest position?  I came in hoping Zajac and Henrique would produce.  Granted, Henrique is currently on a 23 goal pace, but he hasn't done anything in the playmaking department.

Good God. That 5 game stretch

The Kings D has been pretty leaky this year, so we may be able to squeek out a win in one of those 2 games.

It's a pipe dream.  But Lou should try.  Would you not agree center is our weakest position?  I came in hoping Zajac and Henrique would produce.  Granted, Henrique is currently on a 23 goal pace, but he hasn't done anything in the playmaking department.

The Kings D has been pretty leaky this year, so we may be able to squeek out a win in one of those 2 games.

One player is not going to turn this team around. Hudler has had a very good start but he is realistically just another solid depth player. Admittedly you can never have enough solid hockey players, but in the NHL these days you need them to surround skilled players to really compete.

We have a number of very solid hockey players, but most of them lack top end creative skill that can change a game. The majority of the players that do have that top end skill are old

Top end skill payers on the team:

Jagr

Elias

Loktianov

Out of those three Loktianov is entirely inconsistent. Tedenby and Josefson should have been adding to that list, when they were drafted they were both creatively gifted, but neither of them can display that at NHL level.

We do not have that game changing player or players that can make a difference in a 4-3 or 1-1 game. The whole team is going to have to be on its game to grind out a win, and it’s not going to be pretty whilst they do it.

Outside avoiding their ridiculous contracts losing Kovy and losing Parise robbed this team of any game changing players who make those around them better. The fact that the Devils have also failed to hit with either Josefson or Tedenby makes the situation worse.

Jiri Hudler is not going to make the differecne we need, and the peices we would have to give up to get him will only make the situation worse. There is no quick fix for this situation unfortunately. It’s going to be a long road back now to this team becoming a contender.

Here's how I think the rest of the month is gonna play out.

Flyers: Win

Leafs: Loss

Preds: Win

Rags: Win

Pens: Loss

Ducks: Loss

Sharks: Loss

Jets: Win

Sabres: Win

I see us beating 2 of the Pens, Kings, Ducks, or Sharks. It's the Canes and Jets I don't think we'll beat. When you think about the 3 wins we have now, 1 of them was a trouncing against our fiercest rival, the other 2 against two very formidable teams who were at the top of the conference the night we played them (especially Boston, who we haven't beat in years, and definitely haven't beat in their building even longer than that)...

Edited by DJ Eco

How does merril look before his injury? i didnt see the game....

And Calgary are pllaying at that level because they get rid of their veteran and they are well coach. Hartley makes the cammalleri, monahan, baertshi, hudler better player. They have their spots on the team and they outwork the opponent every night... (i watch flames game it become my second favorite team) Not a good lineup but they play like their life depends on it. They have fun, they work hard and they have success...

They change their identities... and i start to believe it might be what we need to do.  

Edited by caron14