NFL Week 10!

CRASHER

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your issue with Turico? I think he is a solid and does a great job knowing about the teams he calls, and probably better than anyone else, he understands the rules/situations clock management. Too many NFL announcers can't explain to the audience what a coach is doing/should do and why a ref called/didn't call a play.

Gruden can be a little too much. His verbal masturbation of certain players is overboard. He went on and on about Kuechly. It was too much, and he didn't even have such a great game. He called him the captain of the defense 10x and when Johnson went out, he goes, "the Panthers are losing the captain of their defense". He also kept talking about Cam Newton giving him nightmares. Why?

I still like Gruden's passion, energy, and his ability to breakdown offenses and defenses to viewers, but it's a little much.

I can't take Gruden seriously. He tends to over praise players and his brown nosing of every GM in league just sounds like empty job interview plug.

Are you referring to the field goal that made it 20-17? I thought I mentioned it, but I didn't. I didn't like the 3rd and 1 call, and kicking the field goal instead of attempting 1 yard is tough, especially how good Brady is at the QB sneaks.  I'd have at the very least lined up again like you were going for it to try and draw them offside. Don't even bother calling a timeout but take the delay of game penalty since it was such a short field goal anyway.

I guess the wind was such a factor in the direction the Panthers were going that Bill thought the points was the safe option. Plus, with under 7 minutes left, you really need to go with the play that guarantees you the lead.

I thought he was referring to the 4th-and-2 that led to Carolina taking a penalty (illegal use of hands) when he said "earlier".  Ridley fumbled five plays later. 

And the Genius has been a sideline witness to his Ds not closing games out on several occasions in recent years, and that's WITH a lot of key guys healthy, so I think he had to go for seven points there.  No way I count on those guys to hold a three-point lead.     

I think pass interference in the NFL needs to seriously be rethought. I can't think of a more subjective call that can alter a game so dramatically. It's awful to the point that you can't have an incomplete pass without a receiver begging for a flag.

I don't think replay would work since it would basically make games last four to five hours. Maybe just the college rules of a 15 yard penalty. I don't watch a ton of college football, but there doesn't seem to be an epidemic of DBs tackling receivers on long passes to "only" get a 15 yard penalty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD