Who is Our Captain?

Sneax

Clearly I know who our captain is. My point is he's been gone for what seems like forever, long enough so that he is becoming forgotten.

Did you even read my post? "I honestly asked myself this question today, and for a BRIEF SECOND I didn't know."

I find the /thread lol to be some what condescending, and it's amusing to me that you did it without comprehending what I wrote.

Clearly I know who our captain is. My point is he's been gone for what seems like forever, long enough so that he is becoming forgotten.

Did you even read my post? "I honestly asked myself this question today, and for a BRIEF SECOND I didn't know."

I find the /thread lol to be some what condescending, and it's amusing to me that you did it without comprehending what I wrote.

not that I care enough to make a big deal of it, but you yourself in the op stated that you anticipated people to think this was a "stupid thread"

Why do you take offense when that is exactly the response you received?

not that I care enough to make a big deal of it, but you yourself in the op stated that you anticipated people to think this was a "stupid thread"

Why do you take offense when that is exactly the response you received?

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

I didn't cause a big stink, I just stated that the situation was amusing.

Meanwhile for someone who doesn't care enough to make a big deal, you certainly felt it big enough to make a post about it. So I guess I could accuse you of the same thing. If you dont care, why are you posting at all?  

I think the idea of having one captain/leader is kind of overrated these days. A lot of teams do it by committee or seem to. Obviously we don't know what goes on in NHL locker rooms, but look at Colorado where Gabriel Landeskog is captain at only 20 and doesn't speak English as a first language and he seems to be doing just fine.

The Devils strike me as a team that do it as a group, and I'm fine with that. 

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

Meanwhile for someone who doesn't care enough to make a big deal, you certainly felt it big enough to make a post about it. So I guess I could accuse you of the same thing. If you dont care, why are you posting at all?  

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending towards our team captain, who despite being old, hasn't played that badly and is clearly a heart and soul type player if I can make an assumption based on other player's comments. Had you managed to not sound like a you thought you made an ultra clever joke, no one would have cared. Instead we got a stupid thread, bashing a devil player who isn't even in the lineup because he broke his foot trying to win. Thanks...........

Maybe you shouldn't be so condescending towards our team captain, who despite being old, hasn't played that badly and is clearly a heart and soul type player if I can make an assumption based on other player's comments. Had you managed to not sound like a you thought you made an ultra clever joke, no one would have cared. Instead we got a stupid thread, bashing a devil player who isn't even in the lineup because he broke his foot trying to win. Thanks...........

How do you know I was inferring he was bad? I was inferring he was gone, missing in action for a few weeks and we have no other temp captain, for what seems like forever. Sounds to me like you are also a mouth breather like the rest that posted in here without understanding anything.

Even if I don't like salvador which, as it happens I don't, it wasn't reflected in this thread, and it was meerley a discussion about how we have no captain playing and havent had one for a while.

Don't worry though, you jumped to an idiotic conclusion just like a few others in this thread, reading comprehension doesn't seem 100% up to snuff for everyone. I guess to your point it was a little less direct what was meant. But you are projecting your own thoughts on what I might be implying without having anything to back it up with from my actual post. So you are a bit a of a schmuck.

There were a couple of people on here that understood what this thread was about, they posted, its a shame that you and a few others hijacked this thread and made it into a dumb comment contest.

It is a somewhat valid question, our captain is gone. He's been gone, whose our captain, shouldnt someone be promoted? This is the kind of stuff I was hopping to discuss here, as ive said ad nauseam, apparently there are some comprehension issues at play.

Also you can't be condescending towards someone you aren't talking to. I'm not being condescending to Salvador, never met him never spoken with him. Also I'm not acting in a way that suggests I feel superior or better than Salvador in anyway. Get better at words.

Edited by Sneax

It is a somewhat valid question, our captain is gone. He's been gone, whose our captain, shouldnt someone be promoted? This is the kind of stuff I was hopping to discuss here, as ive said ad nauseam, apparently there are some comprehension issues at play.

There's no comprehension issues. They are sticking with the A's until he's back. The team has gone an entire season without a captain in the past. A few weeks isn't a big deal.

There's no comprehension issues. They are sticking with the A's until he's back. The team has gone an entire season without a captain in the past. A few weeks isn't a big deal.

The comprehension issue is people trying to roast me because they think I literally asked whose our captain, or I implied Salvador sucks.

The comprehension issue is people trying to roast me because they think I literally asked whose our captain, or I implied Salvador sucks.

You did imply it and then implied it further when you said, "Some might say stupid thread". What else did you make this thread for? He's not missing, we all know what happened. Why else did you make the thread?

Unless it was literally to just tell everyone about a brain fart you had earlier, the only other way I could interpret this is as you saying that Salvador was MIA even before the injury, thus you easily forgot who was the captain.

Attempt at Humor Fail!

*Don't worry we have all been there at some point

You are aware that Buffalo's captain is Steve Ott correct

Ott's actually a pretty good hockey player.

Sal's better than Andrew Ference, but who really cares about what captain is the most talented?  It's a silly comparison.  Everyone wanted Kovalchuk to be the captain last year, how would that have looked in hindsight?

Possibly Ott.

Though the least talented captain I can remember in recent memory is Chris Clark.  He was captain of the Caps from 2006-09 right before Ovie.

I figured people would think its a silly thread in the sense that who cares where salvador is. It's clear a few posters didn't even understand what i wrote.

And then they have the gall to be condesending. Some might call it ironic, here this guy is laughing at me for what he incorrectly percieves to be an actual question, one that if serious would be a stupid one. But in reality he was quick to jump at someone being stupid, when he himself didn't understand the post.

hey sorry man I didn't mean to offend I was honestly confused on the purpose of the thread (kind of still am) and found more humor in your reaction to the other poster that I did in your original post.

As for captaincy I really think that most players don't read that much into it... It's more of a fan thing. I mean is jagr going to be looked at as any less if a leader when Elias is back and he A goes to him?

I get what the OP was going for and I think his post was pithy. I don't know why it's so hard to understand Sneax's intent. I mean, there's no reason to be a$$holes - especially when the post is legit.

I agree that in the back of my mind it seems like we don't have a captain. I think that plays to the point that we are missing that Stevens presence still and it's hurting us.