Who is Our Captain?

Sneax

hey sorry man I didn't mean to offend I was honestly confused on the purpose of the thread (kind of still am) and found more humor in your reaction to the other poster that I did in your original post.

As for captaincy I really think that most players don't read that much into it... It's more of a fan thing. I mean is jagr going to be looked at as any less if a leader when Elias is back and he A goes to him?

jagr might be a different case though just because it's him and he comes with that leadership role..but I don't think it will be any different at all that's just his character at this point in his career he's a leader and he will be with whatever team he's on

You can be a leader without having a letter on your chest... All six guys Rogan listed plus Salvador, zubrus and probably others can be considered "leaders" on the team, but there are only 3 letters.

It's not like those guys stop being leaders because they don't have a letter.

I get what the OP was going for and I think his post was pithy. I don't know why it's so hard to understand Sneax's intent. I mean, there's no reason to be a$$holes - especially when the post is legit.

I agree that in the back of my mind it seems like we don't have a captain. I think that plays to the point that we are missing that Stevens presence still and it's hurting us.

if this is referring to me I honestly don't know how you think I'm being An ass. The original post was this:

"Who is our captain? Just saying."

I'm sorry if that isn't enough information for me to understand what exactly the purpose of the op was especially since right after that he answered his own question.

if this is referring to me I honestly don't know how you think I'm being An ass. The original post was this:

"Who is our captain? Just saying."

I'm sorry if that isn't enough information for me to understand what exactly the purpose of the op was especially since right after that he answered his own question.

I was not overtly referring to anyone. The first couple posts were a little mean and condescending- they inspired my post. 

Ott's actually a pretty good hockey player.

Sal's better than Andrew Ference, but who really cares about what captain is the most talented?  It's a silly comparison.  Everyone wanted Kovalchuk to be the captain last year, how would that have looked in hindsight?

Maybe it would have kept him here...

I'm sticking with Zajac being next in line

zajac next in line for the C? eh i guess it could be a possibility he shows leadership hence he already has an A part time with Greene.. i think if greene resigns here he could definently be a possibility for it as well but im with you here i think id rather see it go to a forward again.

Clearly I know who our captain is. My point is he's been gone for what seems like forever, long enough so that he is becoming forgotten.

Did you even read my post? "I honestly asked myself this question today, and for a BRIEF SECOND I didn't know."

I find the /thread lol to be some what condescending, and it's amusing to me that you did it without comprehending what I wrote.

could have used this: :lock: