GDT: Devils @ Blueskirts 7pm

Scottie2Hottie

Harrold didn't have a bad game. But faynr should be in obviously. Great win. Lie Marty is in his prime again!

Fayne's coming in at this point, Volch is probably out for a few games at least and who knows about Gelinas.  Hopefully they parole Sal from the old folks' home soon, they're running out of defensemen.

Definitely a great win though...take any of these games the next two weeks you can get.  

Ha  Pete say's he thought Greene AND Harrold were outstanding

He also included Zids on his list. No mention of Larsson and the fact that he set up two goals for us and played a damn solid game defensively aside from an unlucky bounce. Pete drives me fvcking crazy sometimes.

He also included Zids on his list. No mention of Larsson and the fact that he set up two goals for us and played a damn solid game defensively aside from an unlucky bounce. Pete drives me fvcking crazy sometimes.

Yeah I thought all the defencemen were good, especially playing a man down (the results were certainly better than in Minnesota) Zidlicky had a couple moments on the PK where he wiffed at a clearing attempt, but considering he never PKs it was a good job.

Would be nice for us Larsson fans to have Deboer recognize his play, but as long as he continues to play well that's all that matters. Whatever Deboer and staff are doing with him lately seems to be working.

Edited by devils102

Yeah I thought all the defencemen were good, especially playing a man down (the results were certainly better than in Minnesota) Zidlicky had a couple moments on the PK where he wiffed at a clearing attempt, but considering he never PKs it was a good job.

Would be nice for us Larsson fans to have Deboer recognize his play, but as long as he continues to play well that's all that matters. Whatever Deboer and staff are doing with him lately seems to be working.

I just think it'd be nice if he at least TRIED to nurture the young guys. I mean, obviously we don't know what he says in the back but you gotta think it would mean a lot more to the young guys to know the coach is noticing and recognizing their play. I mean hell, it's the kid's birthday haha.

• Like 1

I just think it'd be nice if he at least TRIED to nurture the young guys. I mean, obviously we don't know what he says in the back but you gotta think it would mean a lot more to the young guys to know the coach is noticing and recognizing their play. I mean hell, it's the kid's birthday haha.

It is what it is at this point, he'll harp on the defensive miscue more than the offensive plays (though he won't put Larsson on the PP over Pete Jr), but there's really no hook for Larsson at this point.  Sal's out, Volch is probably out, he's gonna play for a while.  

I agree. I just meant that the press conference is just that. It's for the press and by extension for us the fans. As you say we don't know what he says to the players in the room.

Just imagine how little ice-time he would get if it wasn't his b-day :P

The icing near the end on Callahan was the correct call. Greene made the smarter play by racing to the dots instead of toward the puck. I don't particularly like the hybrid icing but those plays will occur both ways throughout the game. If rags fans want to complain they should tell their player to make a better dump in.

As for the play blown dead after gelinas was hit its refs discretion and I think he felt that the breakaway was a direct result of shooting at the face. If gelinas isn't hit it's a simple 2 on 2.

But god I love to know I'm going to bed tonight smiling while so many rags fans around the world are crying themselves to sleep!

I thought all the D were pretty strong, especially given the circumstances. It's nice to see Larsson playing with confidence.

The Brunner-Henrique-Ryder line did better than I thought they would've. Josefson didn't have a great game but was solid on the PK in the last game and has shown he is a NHL player. I don't worry about him going forward nor would I get too wrapped up on this one game for him. I thought Tedenby had been doing better as of late but he was poor tonight. I still don't see him hanging around the NHL for long, he's just too soft and one dimensional.

the D did look pretty good threw out the whole game.. larssons mistake had me a little upset after he deflected in their second goal but it doesnt matter being they won the game.. other then that it was a fast game ..pretty nerve racking..close good game wasnt sure if we were going to get out of there with 2 points to be honest.

I don't know what Marty's been drinking lately, but I haven't seen him look this confident in years. It's great to see.

Wow, I had no idea it was Larsson's birthday today. It's mine too. There's nothing sweeter than a Devils victory over the Rangers on your birthday!

I don't know what Marty's been drinking lately, but I haven't seen him look this confident in years. It's great to see.

Wow, I had no idea it was Larsson's birthday today. It's mine too. There's nothing sweeter than a Devils victory over the Rangers on your birthday!

marty is fighting for playing time and that number one spot now.. we all knew he was going to really come out and step it up big hes not too willing to just step aside and hand of his number one spot.. hes said hes on the team to play not sit on the bench and watch.. im glad hes re sparked the fire under his ass..shows all the doubters.

Here comes the bitchy part of the schedule.  All the teams we're about to face which are the Kings, Pens, Ducks, and Sharks haven't been playing their best hockey.  Hopefully we continue our upswing and take advantage.  The next 5 games are gonna be telling.  I'm expecting maybe 5 points.  I'm hoping for 7.