Damien Brunner

2ELIAS6

He was on pace for 23 goals I think and like 45 points had he played a full 82 last year.

Yeah, but like I pointed out, he tailed off big time...2 goals and 8 assists over his last 25 games in Detroit.  6 goals and 11 assists in his last 41 games overall.     

Eeeh...we see articles like this all the time. Writers from another country trying to convey reasons to his/her readership about why their star isn't doing particularly well. The questions are phrased in a certain way and it's tough to not sound negative sometimes. Especially when Brunner is down on himself and his game.

Tone doesn't always come across that well in written interviews, and translated ones doubly so. I'm giving this a pass, because of that. 

I agree about Kovy being catered to, which is one of the reason I'm kind of glad he's gone.

As for Brunner, like someone else said him and Elias are a good match. Let's see what they do together again. I think Brunner played with Henrique and Ryder last game as well. Henrique was a monster that game. Elias/Brunner/Henrique would be a great line.

He could be a streaky type of player. He scores one here and there but mostly he might get some confidence and score in droves like we saw earlier this season. Until the entire team is firing on all cylinders I'm going to give him a pass. I mean, even Zubrus has been pretty invisible, but that doesn't mean playing bad. Invisible usually means playing well in hockey, just not putting the puck in the net...which is a team issue right now, not 1 or 2 players.

Edited by NJDevils1214

He could be a streaky type of player. He scores one here and there but mostly he might get some confidence and score in droves like we saw earlier this season. Until the entire team is firing on all cylinders I'm going to give him a pass. I mean, even Zubrus has been pretty invisible, but that doesn't mean playing bad. Invisible usually means playing well in hockey, just not putting the puck in the net...which is a team issue right now, not 1 or 2 players.

i think zubrus is kind of filling a role that he cant right now.. which is obviously not in his control but he certainly does not belong on the first line and since elias has been out theres where theyve had him.

Brunner hasn't just been invisible though. He and Ryder are god damn voids on the cycle and it's like both of them can barely handle the puck without sh!tting the bed.

If Brunner wants ice time, make something happen then. Same goes for Ryder, they've both looked equally bad, despite putting in a few goals.

Brunner hasn't just been invisible though. He and Ryder are god damn voids on the cycle and it's like both of them can barely handle the puck without sh!tting the bed.

If Brunner wants ice time, make something happen then. Same goes for Ryder, they've both looked equally bad, despite putting in a few goals.

i agree... i feel like every time im watching them both have real struggles with carrying the puck into the offensive zone its like the only way they can get it down in there is by dumping and chasing..and that goes for a lot of the team actually not just those two.

i agree... i feel like every time im watching them both have real struggles with carrying the puck into the offensive zone its like the only way they can get it down in there is by dumping and chasing..and that goes for a lot of the team actually not just those two.

The dump and chase is our team's strategy. That's what they are trying to do. I meant that Brunner and Ryder look like they're handling a damn grenade about to explode every time they get the puck. I wish they could handle the dump and chase, but they suck at it.

The dump and chase is our team's strategy. That's what they are trying to do. I meant that Brunner and Ryder look like they're handling a damn grenade about to explode every time they get the puck. I wish they could handle the dump and chase, but they suck at it.

i hate the constant dump and chase, i wish that they would try to handle it and control it into the zone a little more often then just dumping it in and having a race.

i hate the constant dump and chase, i wish that they would try to handle it and control it into the zone a little more often then just dumping it in and having a race.

That's the whole system though. It's dump it in and forecheck hard and send the puck to the point for a shot, then crash the net.

The idea is that putting the puck in deep makes it hard for the opposing team to get it out of the zone and if they do, they gotta come all the way down the ice. We don't have the talent to beat teams on the rush like Chicago can, so instead, we play a better system that allows a less talented player to compete with another more talented player because play along the boards is less about skill than it is about knowing where you're teammates are and strength.