Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true.  Home teams wear white all the time.

It's an NHL rule, there's no debate lol. It's dark jerseys for home, white jerseys for road. The Capitals are an exception as they have a white 3rd. You'll see a random team wear their whites at home for some reason but how many times does that happen a season? 2? Maybe 3?

No, he's right. The home team can choose to wear either white or color jerseys, they just need to let the opposing team know in advance. 

In his own wording, no, he's not. He's saying home teams wear white "all the time" and they don't. While there are exceptions to the rule (as i said above) this is not an all the time occurrence. It might happen less then a handful of times per year. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

what was the point of printing out these new t-shirts for the stadium game if theyre not even using that chrome looking logo and theyre just going to wear a retro jersey

$$$$$$$$

sorry - this is terribly disappointing. i'm not saying that they had to go with day glow orange or something, but when you've got fans begging for a cool retro jersey and marketing $ to be made, why wouldn't you do it. 

Well they ARE wearing retro jerseys...just not a new design/color. I still think the red and green retro jerseys they've worn for the St. Patty's day games are pretty sweet, and it's not like they wear them often. This will only be the fourth time they've worn them since the color change before the 1992-93 season. Not to mention, a chrome logo on the game jerseys would've been tacky and hideous. 

It wouldn't surprise me to see a special "Stadium Series" patch on the jersey, setting it apart from the "regular" retro jerseys they will wear on March 18 (and that they wore in recent years around St. Patty's Day). 

Edited by JWomp

what was the point of printing out these new t-shirts for the stadium game if theyre not even using that chrome looking logo and theyre just going to wear a retro jersey... dont understand the point of that chrome logo then if there not even going to wear it.

Money...and more money. That's the only reason these stadium series games are being played in the first place.

Apparently, this Yankees inspired equipment was a prototype designed for Henrik Lundqvist to wear during the Stadium Series. I admit that does look cool!

lundqvistpinstripe.jpg

that 's like Fleury wearing a Steelers helmet before a game just cause they were in the playoffs at the time...

Did people really think the chrome logo would be used on the jersey?... Look at the isles one how would that ever be used on a jersey?

I'm glad we're sticking with the Christmas colors it's classic and doesn't bring us down to the level of the penguins or these other teams trying to pawn off "alternate" jerseys as cool and hip.

Apparently, this Yankees inspired equipment was a prototype designed for Henrik Lundqvist to wear during the Stadium Series. I admit that does look cool!

lundqvistpinstripe.jpg

So is Queen wearing them or no? That would be pretty cool, a little gimmicky though. I remember when the B's played in the classic, Tiuka put the Green Monster on his mask. Maybe Hank/Schnieder/Marty will do something like this? Maybe the fence at the top of Yankee Stadium

So is Queen wearing them or no? That would be pretty cool, a little gimmicky though. I remember when the B's played in the classic, Tiuka put the Green Monster on his mask. Maybe Hank/Schnieder/Marty will do something like this? Maybe the fence at the top of Yankee Stadium

I could definitely see Marty wearing at least his old red mask from a retro game a few years ago. Marty loves this stuff. It's definitely a point where Lou and him differ. If he had any choice, I'm sure he'd wear special pads or something. 

In his own wording, no, he's not. He's saying home teams wear white "all the time" and they don't. While there are exceptions to the rule (as i said above) this is not an all the time occurrence. It might happen less then a handful of times per year. 

It does happen all the time though.

I'm amazed how much people like the green. I was 13 when the Devs moved here and was busted non-stop about the christmas jerseys. I've always hated them because of that. I was sooooo happy when they went to black. It's weird for me to see this change opinion. (I still like black better)

I'm amazed how much people like the green. I was 13 when the Devs moved here and was busted non-stop about the christmas jerseys. I've always hated them because of that. I was sooooo happy when they went to black. It's weird for me to see this change opinion. (I still like black better)

That's the thing.  Want to make a jersey a "classic"?  Just retire them and slap a vintage or retro label on them and watch them fly off the shelves.

Prior to the first retro night announced in 2010, less than 5% of Devils fans wearing jerseys at games wore the old colors.  Now they are a good 1/4 to 1/3.

That's the thing. Want to make a jersey a "classic"? Just retire them and slap a vintage or retro label on them and watch them fly off the shelves.

Prior to the first retro night announced in 2010, less than 5% of Devils fans wearing jerseys at games wore the old colors. Now they are a good 1/4 to 1/3.

Its a great looking jersey. That's why people love them.

Its a great looking jersey. That's why people love them.

That opinion started for most devils fans around 2010. Before then a lot of fans couldn't care less or never liked the green. Hell you see in the previous posts with people who remember the switch in 92 (I remember it) a lot of fans were happy with it as green was a goofy color on it. The greens were always available on eBay for years but only a small % of fans wore them up until 2010.

It has very little to do with it looking great as there is part of a trend in sports over the past few years with Retros.

That opinion started for most devils fans around 2010. Before then a lot of fans couldn't care less or never liked the green. Hell you see in the previous posts with people who remember the switch in 92 (I remember it) a lot of fans were happy with it as green was a goofy color on it. The greens were always available on eBay for years but only a small % of fans wore them up until 2010.

It has very little to do with it looking great as there is part of a trend in sports over the past few years with Retros.

I think a lot of people do like the way it looks. It's a very unique color combination. It stood out less back then with the green Whaler jerseys, green North Star jerseys,etc. The switch to red and black was a great move. It was a much sharper look for the team. It's one of the reasons I became a fan as an 11 year old, actually. I really liked the new design.

I think people appreciate it more these days, where most teams wear black, dark blue, red, etc. It just stands out from the pack a little. I got one of the old white Mitchell and Ness ones on Ebay and I was really happy to find it. They were very rarely seen in the arena back then. I don't think anyone at all wants to see them permanently, or even more than once or twice a year, but I think people do genuinely like how they look.

I think a lot of people do like the way it looks. It's a very unique color combination. It stood out less back then with the green Whaler jerseys, green North Star jerseys,etc. The switch to red and black was a great move. It was a much sharper look for the team. It's one of the reasons I became a fan as an 11 year old, actually. I really liked the new design.

I think people appreciate it more these days, where most teams wear black, dark blue, red, etc. It just stands out from the pack a little. I got one of the old white Mitchell and Ness ones on Ebay and I was really happy to find it. They were very rarely seen in the arena back then. I don't think anyone at all wants to see them permanently, or even more than once or twice a year, but I think people do genuinely like how they look.

I think both sides of the argument have their points.

There's no way to deny the trend of "retro" jerseys. It's def an in thing right now, but I do think some people genuinely like the look of the old style jerseys. I think it's neat and all, but I def agree that it should be a once a year type deal.

Well that's not why I like them.  I personally think they look cool.  

You need to also remember one thing/  The retros before 2010 were next to impossible to find.

Edited by Mike Brown