Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not some scientific miracle, they played an outdoor preseason game in Vegas between the Rangers and the Kings over 20 years ago.  Like any other rink, they will have a refrigeration system under the ice.

True, but the ice has been pretty bad even at some of the Winter Classic games in colder weather areas, so what's to stop this game from being Slush Hockey?

Well the ice was bad in a few of them mostly because it was snowing or raining, which caused the ice to have excess snow and a bumpy surface.  I don't think the outside temperatures caused too much of a problem.  I'm sure it's not going to be great ice out there, but I have no concerns about it being playable.  They have world class professional ice technicians working on this, and I'm sure they consulted them before announcing this game.

Kings version is ok.  But, my god, those Ducks jerseys are horrible!  To make things worse, did they give Getzlaf a women's version of the jersey to "model?"

In other photos of him wearing it, you can clearly see the Reebok logo on the sleeve, so they gave him a too-small replica to model.

Also from what I am hearing and seeing, the logos and the letters/numbers will be that substitch/sublaminated crap.  In short, the logos and everything will look like the Reebok factory customization you see on jerseys at Modells and other stores where the outer-most stitching is real but the rest of the layers have fake stitching drawn on.

In other photos of him wearing it, you can clearly see the Reebok logo on the sleeve, so they gave him a too-small replica to model.

Also from what I am hearing and seeing, the logos and the letters/numbers will be that substitch/sublaminated crap.  In short, the logos and everything will look like the Reebok factory customization you see on jerseys at Modells and other stores where the outer-most stitching is real but the rest of the layers have fake stitching drawn on.

I hope you're wrong, b/c that is horrible.  This is the problem when you hand the reigns to companies like Reebok and Nike to make hockey jerseys.  They F up a great thing that really didn't need much changing to begin with.

I hope you're wrong, b/c that is horrible.  This is the problem when you hand the reigns to companies like Reebok and Nike to make hockey jerseys.  They F up a great thing that really didn't need much changing to begin with.

This is from the Ducks annoucement of the jersey:

"In addition, the new jersey technology fuses print and embroidery, reducing the weight of the crest which results in a lightweight jersey for athlete performance. The NHL Stadium Series jersey was designed with creative input from the Ducks, Reebok and the NHL."

This is from the Ducks annoucement of the jersey:

"In addition, the new jersey technology fuses print and embroidery, reducing the weight of the crest which results in a lightweight jersey for athlete performance. The NHL Stadium Series jersey was designed with creative input from the Ducks, Reebok and the NHL."

They make it seem like going away from the traditional design will reduce the weight of the jerseys by 50 lbs. and allow players to be 2x faster.  Fact of the matter is, the jerseys will cost 25-50% less to make, thereby leaving Reebok and the NHL with that much more profit. 

They make it seem like going away from the traditional design will reduce the weight of the jerseys by 50 lbs. and allow players to be 2x faster.  Fact of the matter is, the jerseys will cost 25-50% less to make, thereby leaving Reebok and the NHL with that much more profit. 

Apparently about 1 sq foot of fabric and about 10 feet of thread weighs 50lbs;)

There is no way to make the jerseys so much lighter that it actually has any real difference for the players.  Nike said the same crap when they came out with the Swift jerseys for the 2006 Olympics, and what happened?  Switzerland was one of two teams that did not wear the new lighter jerseys, and they had their best showing since 1952, finishing second in their pool with wins over the Czech Republic and Canada before being knocked out by the only other team not wearing the Swift jerseys--Sweden, who went on to win the gold medal.  So yeah this "lighter jersey, increased performance" talk is utter garbage.

There is no way to make the jerseys so much lighter that it actually has any real difference for the players. Nike said the same crap when they came out with the Swift jerseys for the 2006 Olympics, and what happened? Switzerland was one of two teams that did not wear the new lighter jerseys, and they had their best showing since 1952, finishing second in their pool with wins over the Czech Republic and Canada before being knocked out by the only other team not wearing the Swift jerseys--Sweden, who went on to win the gold medal. So yeah this "lighter jersey, increased performance" talk is utter garbage.

of course it is, as chuck said it's all about profit.

I'm not big into jerseys (I just can't bring myself to spend that much on something id only wear to the few games I can make it to), but manufacturers are essentially charging full price for a knockoff quality product. Why not just buy the knockoff for a quarter of the price?

of course it is, as chuck said it's all about profit.

I'm not big into jerseys (I just can't bring myself to spend that much on something id only wear to the few games I can make it to), but manufacturers are essentially charging full price for a knockoff quality product. Why not just buy the knockoff for a quarter of the price?

Because you will end up with a jersey that looks like this:

gallery_3795_169_63015.jpeg

Lol that's pretty bad I guess the guy who ironed that on had a few drinks before hand... But I still might take my chances on a $50 knockoff before I drop $300 authentic with an iron on logo.

Though I can see if you're a sth and you're wearing it more than 40 times a year you would want the real thing.

Lol that's pretty bad I guess the guy who ironed that on had a few drinks before hand... But I still might take my chances on a $50 knockoff before I drop $300 authentic with an iron on logo.

Though I can see if you're a sth and you're wearing it more than 40 times a year you would want the real thing.

That is a chinese knockoff and they are all "stitched on."  I can understand why people go towards the knockoff route but you can get a cheap blank replica for $50 on ebay and then send it to EPS to get lettered for $60 plus shipping and it would be a great looking jersey.  Why always the need to go authentic?

Also if you want an authentic wait until Meigray's summer sale.  They always have devils training-camp worn authentics for $75 and you can have that stripped and re-done.  There are always cheaper options out there so you never have to pay retail for an authentic.

I bought a knock off Marty jersey just to wear playing hockey and the Devils logo is falling off after just a couple wears.

OMG blood pressure rising.. No Colin, don't do it!! You said you were done buying jerseys for a long time, and that was like 2 months ago.. You already have 8, why do you need more?!?!

BUT I MUST!! It's a CCM with stitched front logo.. How can I pass that up?! And only for $105? It's a steal and would compliment your red throwback! Buy it now before they run out of XL's.. Must have the precious!!

:dizzy:

Yeah.. thanks for the SportsK link.. i think me just bought a new jersey....

I've used SportsK before, stitched and shipped to Australia. Can't complain really.

To buy before my vacation? hmmmmm

Sportsk is a good company but what the heck? Just noticed this.

http://www.sportsk.com/vintage-devils-nhl-customized-jersey.html

I wouldn't get that for accuracy's sake. The font is a little off and if you get a Marty, to be 100% accurate you would also need the NHL 75th anniversary patch and devils 10th anniversary patch as 91-92 was the year Marty had that number.

I'm getting mine done at EPS and going to have them match it to a game worn from the 90-91 season.