Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

None of the links are working at all.  Do you have a screen shot of everything?  lol

no sorry I was late to the party as well on that.  Would have loved to have seen what was in there.

Again this is still just rumors/speculation at this point.  It could very well be they worded the link wrong.

Edited by DevsMan84

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no sorry I was late to the party as well on that.  Would have loved to have seen what was in there.

Again this is still just rumors/speculation at this point.  It could very well be they worded the link wrong.

Here's my solution.  Just use the regular retro jerseys with the regular crest, and put the Stadium Series patch on one shoulder, and use the chrome logo on the other shoulder.

I know you agree with Lou's jersey policy.  But I truly think he's going overboard here, and making too big a deal out of this.  lol

I dig it... I think the chrome jersey would look god-awful and was glad he stuck to his guns. It may appear though that the NHL is maybe changing the situation?...

It's what I've been saying all along.  The league can force the team to comply with their mandated policy here.  Considering the financial backing of the sponsors and the fact that the Devils were granted this opportunity, the league has every right to force the team to whatever the league wants.  It would be in Lou's best interest to comply if the league is really pushing for this.

Here's my solution.  Just use the regular retro jerseys with the regular crest, and put the Stadium Series patch on one shoulder, and use the chrome logo on the other shoulder.

I know you agree with Lou's jersey policy.  But I truly think he's going overboard here, and making too big a deal out of this.  lol

I am fine with just the patch and I think it's the fans that are making a big deal out of this.

It's what I've been saying all along.  The league can force the team to comply with their mandated policy here.  Considering the financial backing of the sponsors and the fact that the Devils were granted this opportunity, the league has every right to force the team to whatever the league wants.  It would be in Lou's best interest to comply if the league is really pushing for this.

Lou's playing hardball and holding out until Bettman cuts a deal- the chrome logo for our first rounder this year.

Well if Lou had his way, the team would wear their regular home jerseys.

That's fine with me too.

For all the whining and crying the Devils got from fans for that contest they are running where if you win you get a chance at spending money on face-value SS tickets, the Devils fans are now whining and crying that they can't spend more money on merchandise for a 1-time game.  I see in particular one poster on HFBoards crying almost daily that he can't spend his money on a new jersey and it is just childish at this point.

That's fine with me too.

For all the whining and crying the Devils got from fans for that contest they are running where if you win you get a chance at spending money on face-value SS tickets, the Devils fans are now whining and crying that they can't spend more money on merchandise for a 1-time game.  I see in particular one poster on HFBoards crying almost daily that he can't spend his money on a new jersey and it is just childish at this point.

One of my favorite things about the Devils is that they just have the 2 jerseys and occasionally wear the old ones. I just read that Pittsburgh is considering ANOTHER throwback style 3rd next year. They have a new 3rd almost every year. It's pretty ridiculous.

One of my favorite things about the Devils is that they just have the 2 jerseys and occasionally wear the old ones. I just read that Pittsburgh is considering ANOTHER throwback style 3rd next year. They have a new 3rd almost every year. It's pretty ridiculous.

Their farm team is far worse. They change primaries on average every two seasons or so. Countless promotional styles, always a new alternate. And they sell. Well.

Edited by TheRedStorm

That's fine with me too.

Lou would play without names on the back of jerseys, as well.

It just made me think about the center-ice logo for the Stadium Series. It's probably going to just be the series logo (just like with the Winter Classic logo at center-ice). But how sick would it be if they put the Devils (since they're the official hosts) logo at the center of Yankee Stadium?

Not gonna happen anyway, doubt they're going to mess with the ice too much with the Isles game just a few days later.

It just made me think about the center-ice logo for the Stadium Series. It's probably going to just be the series logo (just like with the Winter Classic logo at center-ice). But how sick would it be if they put the Devils (since they're the official hosts) logo at the center of Yankee Stadium?

Not gonna happen anyway, doubt they're going to mess with the ice too much with the Isles game just a few days later.

agreed guaranteed to be the stadium series logo

always wondered why they picked green instead of black originally... when you think of the Devil, you would think Red and black right? Were they just trying to be original or something?

The story that I've heard is that green represents the Garden State. Edited by BCdevil

As a kid I was thrilled when the black replaced the green.

And I have spent a beter part of my adult life chasing down red and green "throwback" merchandise. Amazing how tastes change.

i use to think that the retro jerseys were by far the ugliest combination possible.. now since all of the stadium hype and stuff has been going around i actually like it its grown on me a lot

The red/green was an underrated design and color combo in it's day and too many "purists" hated it. Today, they'd probably be more accepted especially as the league's color pallet has expanded. Personally, I think a lot of the dislike came from the fact the Devils were a bad to average-ish team for the majority of the time they wore it.

FWIW...I can not stand when today's fans refer to them as "Christmas tree" jerseys. It's incredibly annoying. For example, no one calls the Flyer's jerseys "Halloween" or the Wild "Christmas Tree" as a common moniker.