Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

Do you really think there are 2 other people within the organization on Lou's level? That was a good one! You had me going for a minute.

Within the organization, Weber and O'Neil are on the same level as Lou.  O'Neil is the CEO.  Weber is the President of Business Ops.  Both are on the same tier as the President of the team which is what Lou is.

That's not to say Lou's words won't have more clout than the other two regarding the hockey part.

Edited by Mike Brown

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our own njdevil26 posted this image on HF.. He said he got an email from the NHL and this is what it showed.. Looks like we are legit going with just regular throwbacks

9uqege9u.jpg

That picture is photoshopped. That's the CCM Classics line as it does not have the different collar/NHL shield. The inside collar tag is photoshopped too so you don't see it.  :P

Here's the same pic:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-Vintage-Hockey-Jersey-XL-Classic-/20/!B6MKmSwBWk~$(KGrHqR,!j!Eyd7(h3d0BMwiRVjkJ!~~_35.JPG

Edited by TheRedStorm

The Rangers' jersey is hideous. They put absolutely no thought into it, they should've just stuck with their old Winter Classic jerseys or even their usual third jerseys, with the darker shade of blue. What would've been interesting is if they would've incorporated pinstripes into their jersey, that would've been more fun and marketable in my opinion, these are just.... bland....

And also, props to Lou for fighting the good fight. Those chrome logos look awful, glad we're sticking with our regular logo.

If this is true, it shows why Lou is the best. For the most part, those stadium series jerseys suck. The chrome logo is horrendous looking on most of the teams. Glad we haven't been dragged into that mess.

As far as the organization is concerned, I don't care what titles you give the personnel. As long as Lou is with this team, he is the be all, end all. Nobody is on his "level", other than through a superficial title. The day anyone tries to change that, is the day Lou retires.

That picture is photoshopped. That's the CCM Classics line as it does not have the different collar/NHL shield. The inside collar tag is photoshopped too so you don't see it. :P

Here's the same pic:

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/New-Jersey-Devils-CCM-Vintage-Hockey-Jersey-XL-Classic-/20/!B6MKmSwBWk~$(KGrHqR,!j!Eyd7(h3d0BMwiRVjkJ!~~_35.JPG

Right but I think that's just a minor detail since they never really released images like that of the Reebok jerseys that pretty much only the players wore.. And they may do that again, not releasing the exact jerseys the players are wearing.. My guess is that if you want a jersey like that, your only way will be to get a CCM throwback and apply a Stadium Series patch yourself

The only thing I question in that pic is the devils jersey does not have the authentic logo in the bottom like all the others do...

You're talking very minor differences. And "tweaked" would be the correct term to use for the changes that were made. Overall the only things that were altered was the crest and the slight tweek to the striping. Nothing else was changed unless you wanna count the Stadium Series patch.

The Devils jersey will probably get the same treatment.

I don't care enough to make a big deal, so I'll just end my feelings with this: the only thing they didn't change in the jersey was the color, everything else is altered in some way. To me that all adds up to a big difference.

If you ever think Lou would allow that many changes to the retro I've got a bridge to sell you.

Right but I think that's just a minor detail since they never really released images like that of the Reebok jerseys that pretty much only the players wore.. And they may do that again, not releasing the exact jerseys the players are wearing.. My guess is that if you want a jersey like that, your only way will be to get a CCM throwback and apply a Stadium Series patch yourself

It kind of angers me they never sold Reebok versions of the Retros.  Granted, I do have an authentic retro edge that's not a knockoff, but it was insanely difficult to find.

It kind of angers me they never sold Reebok versions of the Retros. Granted, I do have an authentic retro edge that's not a knockoff, but it was insanely difficult to find.

You mean the same insanely hard jersey that was in the clearance rack at hockey monkey for $150 each a couple years back?

I just wish the Penguins weren't always involved in these games. But I guess that's why I like the idea of more games this year, give someone else a chance besides the (ugh) Original 6 (which means nothing but a historical marker these days) and teams with players that have household names. I know it's a big cash in event but still, that's why small markets are small, not only because of the amount of potential fans, but because of how little the league seems to care about the team.

I just wish the Penguins weren't always involved in these games. But I guess that's why I like the idea of more games this year, give someone else a chance besides the (ugh) Original 6 (which means nothing but a historical marker these days) and teams with players that have household names. I know it's a big cash in event but still, that's why small markets are small, not only because of the amount of potential fans, but because of how little the league seems to care about the team.

Yea this is their 3rd outdoor game already.  I feel as if the West is getting hosed.  Minnesota should get one.

If this is true, it shows why Lou is the best. For the most part, those stadium series jerseys suck.

Just my opinion but I think the chrome logos work for the Isles, Ducks, and Kings for their respective reasons (rebranding the Isles/Anaheim/LA being Anaheim/LA), but making New York, Pittsburgh, and Chicago adapt a new look is just stupid; they look terrible and cartoony.

doesnt seem like anyone is liking the stadium jerseys so far... would i like them if they were the new jerseys in general... no i dont think so especially for nj.. but i really dont mind them i think theyre cool and different and if they go on sale to the public i would consider picking one up

I actually like the Kings jersey the most of the pack. Not enough gray jerseys.

I'm hoping we learn for sure if the Devils jersey is going to have this chrome logo or not.

It's not, that's the official email from NHL.com, which shows the regular throwback jersey.

rags really should've resurrected lady liberty 

I always hate when they use the Statue of Liberty, it's on the Jersey side of the harbor and it's a shared thing (NY "claims" the statue itself, but the island is claimed by NJ) so one team using it over another I think isn't really right. Though there was a shirt a few years back I saw that illustrated it. something like "This is where she stands" or something with a map on the back and she was wearing devils colors. good Ranger trolling shirt

I actually like the Kings jersey the most of the pack. Not enough gray jerseys.

I'm hoping we learn for sure if the Devils jersey is going to have this chrome logo or not.

It works the best with the chrome becuase the logo is of something metal.  But the crest is HUGE.... like one of those cheesy Lacoste shirts or Polo shirts with the oversized Alligator/Polo Dude.