Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's not why I like them. I personally think they look cool.

You need to also remember one thing/ The retros before 2010 were next to impossible to find.

They were not next to impossible to find. Mitchell and ness made those white Retros for a shirt time before they were recalled and leftovers from before the switch always floated around eBay.

That opinion started for most devils fans around 2010. Before then a lot of fans couldn't care less or never liked the green. Hell you see in the previous posts with people who remember the switch in 92 (I remember it) a lot of fans were happy with it as green was a goofy color on it. The greens were always available on eBay for years but only a small % of fans wore them up until 2010.

It has very little to do with it looking great as there is part of a trend in sports over the past few years with Retros.

I think fans were fond of the green earlier than 2010, but the only ones who owned one were the people who cared enough to search on ebay or people who were jersey enthusiasts.  Once they made the 2010 throwbacks easily available via all retail jersey outlets, that's when they became mainstream because they took minimal effort to find in any typical sporting goods store, including the arena.  I agree with you though that they weren't that good-looking and are only popular because of nostalgia.

I wanted a retro jersey for a long time, but being in Australia, the best chance was when they did it for St Pats in 2010 and as soon as they went retail I got one shipped.

I love the green, and hope one day I get a white green red jersey to add to my collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Honestly, I would never want it as the regular jersey again but I loved having it at Saint Pats and I'm sad that Lou will probably only do it for the stadium series game because of it. Outside of lockout it fealt like this was our St. Patrick's day tradition to rock the retro green.

They've already announced a retro game for a game around St. Patrick's Day too, so it looks like there's two this year with the retro jersey.

Hey TheRedStorm, Dallas is currently wearing their whites at home.

Anaheim is wearing the 3rds. It wasn't impromptu it was planned as part of their 3rd jersey schedule. I did say you'll see this happen a few times a year and there are exceptions. It's also a national game so Anaheim could have requested it through the league.or Dallas

Edited by TheRedStorm

Yeah it seems apparently the lockout last year killed the retro game on Saint Patrick's Day due to planning issues. I am happy to see it come back; well be playing the Bruins for this game!

I think Lou did the right thing sticking with the retros. I am also happy that I assume the chrome logo won't be on the jersey; it would ruin a classic jersey.

The Islanders logo I believe is going to be their new logo when they move to their basketball arena in Brooklyn. I m not a fan it and I still think for an organization as sh!tty as the Islanders, it so obnoxious that their logo has those god damn tape marks signifying their 4 Stanley Cups in a row and now on the chrome logo even more highlighted. Seriously constantly waving 4 amazing years out of 42 mediocre to piss poor years of play and mismanagement in every teams face is bush league.

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

Yeah it seems apparently the lockout last year killed the retro game on Saint Patrick's Day due to planning issues. I am happy to see it come back; well be playing the Bruins for this game!

I think Lou did the right thing sticking with the retros. I am also happy that I assume the chrome logo won't be on the jersey; it would ruin a classic jersey.

The Islanders logo I believe is going to be their new logo when they move to their basketball arena in Brooklyn. I m not a fan it and I still think for an organization as sh!tty as the Islanders, it so obnoxious that their logo has those god damn tape marks signifying their 4 Stanley Cups in a row and now on the chrome logo even more highlighted. Seriously constantly waving 4 amazing years out of 42 mediocre to piss poor years of play and mismanagement in every teams face is bush league.

The new Isles logo looks completely bland. I hope they just find a way to tweak their current one.