Food drive this Friday

Blown01NJ

If they had just made the vouchers good for two tickets, they'd have tons of happy fans on their hands. The fact that they said up to 4 was setting expectations higher than they knew they could deliver. There is absolutely no way they thought people would be getting 4 tickets and if they think a few people who got lucky at 12:01 counts, that's ridiculous.

They should have made vouchers for different games, only for 2 tickets or gave out a limited number of vouchers. Much better that way than what they actually did.

Well yeah that's the point, they're not exactly under legal obligation to provide four tickets for everyone, but doing it in such a limited way (for one game, limit of four that's not going to be met for most people) they're guaranteed to have a lot of dissatisfied people not getting what they want.  And there's something to be said about people pitching a fit for not getting something they more or less got for free or the few bucks that went to a good cause anyway but I digress.  

Where people actually did get screwed was the whole will call thing, they should have only offered will call as option since e-tickets were the only visible option (you had to click a link to find will call) and it led to error messages and no doubt plenty of people lost tickets they wanted because of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well yeah that's the point, they're not exactly under legal obligation to provide four tickets for everyone, but doing it in such a limited way (for one game, limit of four that's not going to be met for most people) they're guaranteed to have a lot of dissatisfied people not getting what they want.  And there's something to be said about people pitching a fit for not getting something they more or less got for free or the few bucks that went to a good cause anyway but I digress.  

Where people actually did get screwed was the whole will call thing, they should have only offered will call as option since e-tickets were the only visible option (you had to click a link to find will call) and it led to error messages and no doubt plenty of people lost tickets they wanted because of it.

Exactly. My complaint isn't that what I got isn't good enough, it's that I was led to believe it would be more than what it was and the unclear directions leaving me with less than I could have had. I could have gotten 8 tickets out of my two vouchers, but it gave me errors so many times that once I did get 2 and 2, I couldn't get more.

I'm glad I got to help a worthy cause and all, but my issue lies with how the promo was presented and carried out because I feel it was intentionally misleading. At the least they seriously miscalculated how many vouchers they'd give out and that is causing the issues, but that's on them for not planning accordingly. The tickets to the LA game was money that would still be in my pocket had I not heard about the promo. I figured I could recoup some cash by making friends pay a few bucks for them or at least make the 2nd outing free for me by making them buy me beer or food. Then it wasn't so bad. Now I'm gonna have a tough time finding 2 people who want to see a game, but not sit with me.

Exactly. My complaint isn't that what I got isn't good enough, it's that I was led to believe it would be more than what it was and the unclear directions leaving me with less than I could have had. I could have gotten 8 tickets out of my two vouchers, but it gave me errors so many times that once I did get 2 and 2, I couldn't get more.

I'm glad I got to help a worthy cause and all, but my issue lies with how the promo was presented and carried out because I feel it was intentionally misleading. At the least they seriously miscalculated how many vouchers they'd give out and that is causing the issues, but that's on them for not planning accordingly. The tickets to the LA game was money that would still be in my pocket had I not heard about the promo. I figured I could recoup some cash by making friends pay a few bucks for them or at least make the 2nd outing free for me by making them buy me beer or food. Then it wasn't so bad. Now I'm gonna have a tough time finding 2 people who want to see a game, but not sit with me.

Colin mentioned this in the other thread that It's not uncommon for companies to give out more vouchers then people can redeem and he's 100% correct. I work with clothing companies that do this very thing as in-store promotions. The object is to hand out as many vouchers as they can as it equals more people who will redeem them. They are in the business to move merchandise and it's an incentive for a customer to purchase something with the opportunity to redeem for something additional. Companies do this (and can get away with it) because they are under no obligation to fulfill each one which is why all of them will say something like "subject to availability". 

Edited by TheRedStorm

Colin mentioned this in the other thread that It's not uncommon for companies to give out more vouchers then people can redeem and he's 100% correct. I work with clothing companies that do this very thing as in-store promotions. The object is to hand out as many vouchers as they can as it equals more people who will redeem them. They are in the business to move merchandise and it's an incentive for a customer to purchase something with the opportunity to redeem for something additional. Companies do this (and can get away with it) because they are under no obligation to fulfill each one which is why all of them will say something like "subject to availability". 

But they don't say that to the customer who was there when they opened the door waiting to be first to get the deal do they? Because I was on the site at noon and couldn't get what I supposedly had the opportunity to. I don't believe I ever had a shot at getting 4 tickets at all, much less together. That is my gripe.

But they don't say that to the customer who was there when they opened the door waiting to be first to get the deal do they? Because I was on the site at noon and couldn't get what I supposedly had the opportunity to. I don't believe I ever had a shot at getting 4 tickets at all, much less together. That is my gripe.

I agree that redeeming the vouchers today left a bit to be desired. It shouldn't have been a puzzle with the will call and whatever TM issues people had. But the overall promotion itself is what it is. They never guaranteed anything to anyone, just a voucher for the opportunity to redeem them for up to 4 tickets. Now, the question is, did you ever have that opportunity from the start, in which no one can say because no one really knows (unless people on social media start bragging). My opinion? I think there was, but very, very, very few blocks of 4 together.

As soon as i was handed the voucher i saw this type of thing before both personally and professionally. I wasn't even going to redeem it until i found out my friends were coming for Thanskgiving and even then i wasn't 100% sure i'd get any. Now, they aren't sitting with my husband and i, but it's their first game and they just want to go. I actually got them better seats through the vouchers then we have!

I wish they told me about will call earlier as I landed on like sec 2 row 6 tickets and couldn't get them because of the error from not choosing will call. Instead I got uppers and they really need to specify the type of delivery and have it not default to eticket where you get a cryptic error that doesn't say what you did wrong

i work with ticketmaster on a daily basis. After seeing the link didn't offer the book bank slot for the opening 1o minutes i tried using the TM app on my phone and kept pulling incredible seats (ie row 5 downstairs) but every time i got to the checkout screen it would prompt me for a new credit card and then the app would crash over and over again.

eventually i logged into my work computer and was eventually able to pull a pair of tickets downstiars in sec 13 row 22.

pretty terrible expereince and this is coming from someone who goes through them with TM on a daily basis.