NFL Week 12!

CRASHER

This hasn’t been the easiest of weeks here for me, and I’m not the big “wahhhh the world sucks and I need to complain on the internet about stuff until someone gives a damn about it” type of person….but it is why the Week 11 preview never happened… seven weeks ago I took a cheap shot in a floor hockey game, the next day I went to the doctor….he recommended me get an MRI….meanwhile….I kept playing hockey on it (hell people playing against me couldn’t even tell I was hurt anymore)…I get the MRI results back on Monday…and BAM….torn ACL, and both Meniscus tears….yeah it was a bit of a shock…..and it threw me off and for a blurr….and it’s really taken me most of this week to kinda get my head on straight and know that hockey is gone for a while and all I have is surgery and rehab to look forward to….but I’ll get through it…..I just like I said….felt y’all needed to know why I was running so behind schedule this week….that’s all…..so anyway, I should have LOTS of piss and vinegar charged up for this one right?? (and nothing adds to that like a Giant/Cowboys game with the “we’re going 10-6 wagon out in FULL force….*groan*)…at least this is the last of the bye weeks (Buffalo, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Seattle and we’re done!)

Thursday November 21:

Saints at Falcons:

Good God…what a steaming pile of turd to come back to right??? The Falcons have been long done for a while now, and I can’t think of a higher insult this year than getting your brains beat in by the Schiano’s like they did last week….clearly a low point in anyone’s NFL career….considering how much the Saints and Falcons don’t like each other….I don’t expect much in mercy…or hope tonight….this gonna be an ass kicking......

Winner: Saints

Game Quality: DUD

Sunday November 25:

1pm:

NY Jets at Baltimore:

Both teams had pretty foul stinkers last week (like bad hockey bag kinda stinkers….though I guess I can air mine out since I’m on the shelf…but it don’t feel right…)…the Jets are an up and down yo-yo that totally mirrors their QB play, when Gino throws to the Green Men, they do alright….when he doesn’t, the house collapses on him….the Ravens do still have a pretty good pass rush and some defensive guys, but their offense might be even more inept and stuck in neutral than the Jets….oi…Ray Rice runs rather rotten this season…the “elite” Joe Flacco shows you once again, if you’re a QB who needs to rely on your weapons to be good…you ain’t elite….the Jets are the classic up and down team based on each week….but I just don’t see them doing enough to beat the Ravens at home….this could be a 7-3 game just based on the bad offenses….it could make this amusing but awfully frustrating to watch indeed!

Winner: Ravens (but this will be uglllyyyy)

Game Quality: ** ½

Steelers at Browns:

This will be another game “not for the faint of heart”….least the Steelers have won a few games, that Lions one still amazes me, maybe I should have watched more of it….not as easy to dance around the bar like I should be though….meanwhile it’s back to normal in Cleveland…losing 4 of 5, and just not looking as good as they did when Hoyer was the QB (I’m still upset about that)….but when you compare these teams…it’s still a spotty Pitt O-Line going against a strong front 7 in Cleveland….Joe Hayden shutting down Antonio Brown, and the Steelers ain’t got a lot of options past that…..if Jason Campbell can make JUST ENOUGH plays this week….I don’t know if you can call it an upset, but it at least stops the bleeding in Cleveland…if that’s even possible after decades of gashes, cuts and mutiliations….

Winner: Browns

Game Quality: * ¾

Tampa Bay at Detroit:

The Schiano’s have won two in a row (and there is NO TRUTH to the fact that those wins helped add to my pre-surgery downswing last week….though it didn’t help dammit)….the Lions should be nice and sour after crapping the bed on Heinz Field last week and hopefully a bit more focused and ready….they get Pizza Pizza guy (Nate Burleson) back, which can only get Calvin more open…the Schiano’s are good at pumping out RB and Bobby Rainey seems to be the next in line (hell as long as he gets me fantasy points I don’t give a damn about the rest)…..its time to put this Schiano nonsense to bed (its bad enough the Giants and Steelers are working comebacks, this would make my head explode)….its almost depressing that I need to count on Jim Schwartz and his fake FG magic to get it done…..

Winner: Lions

Game Quality: DUD

Vikings at Green Bay:

It’s a battle of sh!t pile QBs!!! The Vikings seem stuck with Christian Plunder and the Packers have a guy under center who sounds like he wrote the Lord of the Rings books (and he might be a better author than QB still…..)…its actually funny how similar these two teams are without A-Rod in the lineup….both need to run the ball, both have spotty defense….both have to treat completed passed like a minor miracle….difference is, the season’s over in Minnesota, the Packers need to win a game or two to make this season even matter for A-Rod to come back….and it’s a home game….it’s just gotta happen this week for Green Bay or it’s probably close to over for them….desperation wins!

Winner: Packers

Game Quality: **

Jacksonville at Houston:

Oi….the unwinnable object playing the too-beatable force…it’s gone downhill FAST for Houston this year…its so bad they even missed the pick-6 GOLD of Matt Schaub and put him back in the game last week….but that was just an epic game from the Arizona defense (and don’t start me on them being in the playoff hunt either…), but this is the “get better” week for Houston….and really isn’t the Jaguars winning 3 in a row one of the signs of the Apocalypse?? It should be right up there with me getting married….) Houston just has too much talent and pride to lose THIS one…not to mention those things under center in Jacksonville they dare call “quarterbacks”…..

Winner: Houston

Game Quality: This is kinda anti-football silver, almost gold!

San Diego at Kansas City:

THE WORLD IS ENDING, THE CHIEFS LOST A GAME (I did love the Pro Football Mock article saying the Chiefs fired him for losing and how many people believed it!)…now while I’m still high on the Chiefs…things I’m worried about…they have no WR weapons at all….I mean Baltimore Ravens kinda bad here….but at least Jamaal Charles ain’t Ray Rice bad…or then heads would fly….the other scary part is this pass rush of the Chiefs hasn’t had a sack in like 10 quarters….that better change this week or the Chiefs are gonna be looking at a 3-game losing streak….speaking of….San Diego’s on one of those bad streaks…maybe it’s the right time to get them….or maybe they’re due to turn this around and win (though how the HELL did they lose to Miami…maybe they got bullied into it…)….both of these teams have damn good reasons to play their A games this week….if they do, KC is just better…

Winner: Chiefs

Game Quality: ***

Carolina at Miami:

Carolina is on a roll and Admiral Ackbar is screaming IT’S A TRAPPPPPP at them for this week….and if Carolina was gonna lose a game, this is the one they want to since it’s an AFC game….and Miami is trying to jump into the rest of the sh!t pile known as the AFC Wild Card chase….and as good as the Miami defense can be….I simply just can NOT trust a team that can’t block and has two yards rushing in an NFL game….and the most sacked QB in the NFL since Rob Johnson….it’s just not a good formula, add it to the Carolina front 7 being as good as they are….and it’s an ugly mess…maybe Daniel gets his lil wish and Tannehill finally succumbs to the beatings and gets hurt…would serve him right after all the hate, then signing him to his fantasy football team….go get ‘em Randy Quaid!
Winner: Carolina

Chicago at St Louis:

There’s always one game when I’m going down the list that makes me look….cringe…and go…crap….go down to the Sunday Night one and come back to this…this is that game….the Bears have been 2-1 under Josh McNown….and he’d only be like a $100 million cheaper then Jay Cutler’s golden arm and 90 cent brain…the Rams have a nasty front four and when the offense can do just enough they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to deal with…here’s a wacky one, they’re 3-1 vs the AFC South…..go figure…as I do like the Jeff Fisher toughness and I was as shocked as impressed by the ass kicking the Rams put on the Colts (maybe they’re lobbying to be in the AFC South….they’re as “South” as “West” anyway….right?)…and while the Bears defense has been (nicely put) “not good” of late….the Rams offense has been equally as bland and generic minus bizarre Tavon Austin sightings….the Rams just ain’t good enough for a team that needs it too much….
Winner: Bears

4pm:

Indianapolis at Arizona:

It’s a bit of a blessing that this game is this week or we’d be hearing the Aryans and Pagano match-up ad nauseum, and Lord knows the Sunday Night game has enough drivel in it….AND HOLY sh!t HOW IN THE HELL IS ARIZONA 6-4 (and 5-1 outside the NFC West…wow) !??!!? Thank God I made that 5-11 bet last year….Jesus….I know Carson Palmer was an upgrade….but still ain’t no one blocking out there….they do have a bit of a running game now and a very good defense (and good fortune in a soft schedule)…but here come the Cardiac Colts…and all they do is find crazy stupid ways to win games (and almost in spite of wasting a first round pick on Trent Richardson….was so much harder to admit he stinks when he was on the Browns…out of habit….damn this trade exposed his ass…..and made it like NO ONE will trust the Browns in a fair trade again….maybe that’s why Josh Gordon is still there….they were trying to make him into Herschel Walker 2.0!)….. while three wins in a row are three wins in a row…it was Atlanta, Houston and Jacksonville…..enough of this nonsense this week!

Winner: Colts

Game Quality: ***

Titans at Raiders:

Oops….almost skipped by this one….the Titans were pesty and tough playing good defense and getting enough from Locker….then he went down…and we all saw why Buffalo cut the cord with Ryan Fitzpatrick….he just ain’t good enough….and 0-2 since Locker went down….the Raiders had a nice win last week and have another random schlub (this is like the 5th undrafted QB to start this year….crazy) Matt McGloin is the next guy in line (and just sounds like a bad groin injury…)…Rasheed Jennings has filled in nicely for the constantly hurt McFadden, and they do have a good defense, despite being handcuffed to 60% of the salary cap….I just have no faith in the Titans and we need to add the Raiders to the madness of the AFC playoff race…(5-6 does make you a valid entrant…)

Winner: Raiders

Dallas at NY Giants:

So Jerry Jones is patting Jason Garrett on the back and saying he’ll be back for 2014…Lord only knows why…it’s like he knows I buy the Madden games just to fire him…and that means more of the same….again…and people wonder why I respond to Cowboy losses like the French do insults….one shot across the bow….SURRENDER!! At least Jason Hatcher should be back…and Miles Austin will be on the field to shatter after the 3rd hit…..the only thing you can say to slam the Giants for their 4-game win streak is: Josh Freeman, Mike Vick, half a Terelle Pryor and  Scott Tolzen…..you know not exactly, Marino, Elway and Favre here…they’ve also played all four of those teams at their total and most absolute worst….and you can’t get the Cowboys at their worst here….it ain’t December….but it’s also the Cowboys and anytime you want to feel good about them….they jack you in the nuts….aren’t I gonna be in enough pain next week?? And of course to add to my torture…Jamie’s working on getting herself there as well as some of my Giant fan hockey teammates…. *sigh*….this can only spell disaster!!!

Winner: Giants

Game Quality: **** (this goes up if Jamie gets her butt to Sun for this one :P )

8pm:

Denver at Patriots:

ZOMG IT’S PEYTON AND BRADY FOR THE  FOUR THOUSANDTH TIME BUT ITS SOOOO DIFFERENT BECAUSE PEYTON IS LIKE ON A DIFFERENT TEAM SO IT MAKES IT SO AMAZING!!! Bah…not really….I’m just kinda sick of the hype already (but we all know I’m sick of Peyton too)…this was supposed to also be the bitter sweet re-uniting of star-crossed QB-WR lovers in Brady and Welker, but Wes slipped on an Old Spice Bottle and cracked his noodle (good…those commercials are odd and damned creepy I tell you)….I’m so tired of these two…even more so when they both had it right there last year and screwed it up with the Ravens….and these teams are very much alike, with the Pats being able to run the ball a bit better (and having those no-name receivers)….but the Broncos having a bit better of a defense….I don’t trust Manning’s noodle arm in the bad weather (the forecast is: Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass. Flurries early. Scattered clouds. Cold. 28 °F, Wind: 21.20 mph/NW)…that’s enough reason to have faith in the Patriots….

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: ****

Monday November 26:

49ers at Redskins:

Oh boy, a battle of overrated, struggling QBs in their second year of starting!!! Both teams have a running game (though Mike Shanahan LOVES to troll all Alfred Morris owners and benches him when he breaks 90 yards and not giving him the ball on the goal line this season….and it’s working SO WELL for you isn’t it….don’t even start me on rushing Griffin back for the season opener when it’s painfully obvious he wasn’t ready and you have a capable backup in Cousins too)….Colin Kapernick’s probably been worse at QB and doesn’t have the injury to hide behind, but he has an awesome defense and a rushing game that lets their feature back find the damned end zone…so yeah, gimme the sucky QB with the stacked team over the less sucky guy on the awful team….

Winner: 49ers

NFL Power Rankings Week 11:

AFC:

1. Denver….blah blah blah blah, 18, 18, 18, 18
  2. Kansas City….where’s the pass rush??
  3. Indianapolis….still winning games..
  4. New England…puppies, kittens, unicorns and non-calls!!!
  5. Cincinnati …..I guess I have to….

NFC:

1. Seattle….still the one….
  2. New Orleans….still the two :P
  3. Carolina….hottest team in the land right now….
  4. Phily… Foley is indeed good, and the team is improving around him
  5. Detroit….again I guess I gotta…..

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the year Denver takes the pats. If welker plays of course. Other wise no. Oakland Should trade McFadden while he has value, Jennings is doing great it seems. San Fran should have easy with Washington. Washington has no true leader at the helm and rg3 seems at best a mediocre to slightly above average qb. Nothing more. Arizona and Detroit will be a test for Philly. They beat a third string qb with Green bay and a crappy Washington. Hold the horns for god sake. Files isn't the #1 dude by the coach. For a reason. Faced no one yet

Edited by CarterforPresident

I think this is the year Denver takes the pats. If welker plays of course. Other wise no. Oakland Should trade McFadden while he has value, Jennings is doing great it seems. San Fran should have easy with Washington. Washington has no true leader at the helm and rg3 seems at best a mediocre to slightly above average qb. Nothing more. Arizona and Detroit will be a test for Philly. They beat a third string qb with Green bay and a crappy Washington. Hold the horns for god sake. Files isn't the #1 dude by the coach. For a reason. Faced no one yet

McFadden is a FA and has zero value since he's glass anyway....no one's gonna trust him to be the main back ever.....

You meant Foles yes?? You don't need to "face anyone" to win the NFC East....just win those 6 games and you're golden....

That's the problem. It sucks so bad. Foles seems good. But put him against a good defense. McFadden has some value. If he plays. IF. He is good. Inconsistent due to injuries. But might need a new change if scenery, Oakland seems dysfunctional as it is with qbs. Olson needs to go and most likely will be.

Man, sorry to hear about your injury Crash.  I figured you just got too busy to do Week 11...guess I was right...argh.

Pats will lose by 17+ this week.  Genius is not going to have any answers for Peyton, especially with an injury-depleted D, and Talib reminding us why Tampa wanted to trade him (he's a punk).  Pats O will need to have a big day to keep up, and I'm not saying that they can't, but it just doesn't feel like they will score enough.  And I feel like Denver is just going to have their way with the Pats on Sunday. 

Man, sorry to hear about your injury Crash.  I figured you just got too busy to do Week 11...guess I was right...argh.

Pats will lose by 17+ this week.  Genius is not going to have any answers for Peyton, especially with an injury-depleted D, and Talib reminding us why Tampa wanted to trade him (he's a punk).  Pats O will need to have a big day to keep up, and I'm not saying that they can't, but it just doesn't feel like they will score enough.  And I feel like Denver is just going to have their way with the Pats on Sunday. 

It was more shock to be honest, since I was still playing floor and ice hockey on it and it was damn near pain-free.....when I mentioned it on facebook that Monday people were just stunned since I was zipping around just fine for a guy with three ligament tears in his knee :blink:

The biggest thing the Pats have going for them is the crappy weather conditions (and the wind gusts being predicted)....Manning doesn't have his fastball, and the Broncos don't have a Steve Smith to get on Talib's neves so I wouldn't worry about that.....I think we get a better game from the Pats then we did the Chiefs last week.....

Sorry about your injury Crash. Are you going to able to make it to your NFL viewing Lounge on Sunday?

You don't want miss the "offensive" offenses during the toothless Ravens / Jests game. I think you are dead on in your prediction.

I was actually injured on a Sunday way back when this happened....that day I decided "I can sit at home and be miserable and in pain....or I can do the same thing at the bar and get pity shots"....I chose the bar :lol:....the one that's gonna be interesting is being home by myself for Thanksgiving with Chinese Food and VIcodin for Cowboys and Raiders!!!

And yes the Jets and Ravens has potential to be a special kinda ugly this week!

Kc goes from best defense to getting ripped by denver and san Diego lol

Amazing what happens when your opponents no longer have a collective .357 winning%.  Everyone knew their sched was going to be brutal for them down the stretch.  I'm guessing they'll finish the season 12-4 (though the Colts are suddenly looking shaky).

Sad for the Pats...if they had any chance of winning tonight, they'd actually have a decent shot at the #1 seed.  Not going to happen though.  They'll be plenty of shots of Belichick looking stupid on the sidelines as his defense gets carved up.  Just hope Brady & Co. find a way to keep pace.

Worse then shaky. They are and were a "one man squad" and you see it when their main dude is down.they lost peyton and they were irrelavent. Wayne to noe they look .500. Arionza on the other hand has a good d tbis year. Watch out!!

Amazing what happens when your opponents no longer have a collective .357 winning%. Everyone knew their sched was going to be brutal for them down the stretch. I'm guessing they'll finish the season 12-4 (though the Colts are suddenly looking shaky).

Sad for the Pats...if they had any chance of winning tonight, they'd actually have a decent shot at the #1 seed. Not going to happen though. They'll be plenty of shots of Belichick looking stupid on the sidelines as his defense gets carved up. Just hope Brady & Co. find a way to keep pace.

Amazing what happens when your opponents no longer have a collective .357 winning%.  Everyone knew their sched was going to be brutal for them down the stretch.  I'm guessing they'll finish the season 12-4 (though the Colts are suddenly looking shaky).

Sad for the Pats...if they had any chance of winning tonight, they'd actually have a decent shot at the #1 seed.  Not going to happen though.  They'll be plenty of shots of Belichick looking stupid on the sidelines as his defense gets carved up.  Just hope Brady & Co. find a way to keep pace.

Or the Patriots offense could just completely shoot themselves in the foot with moronic turnovers.  And at least 2 draft picks next season should be offensive linemen.  The Patriots offensive line outside of Mankins blows.

The Patriots defense which carried the team early in the season is simply undermanned with all of their injuries.

Same ol' frontrunning bunch of zilches.  Same ol' falling apart in big test games like this one...on their own turf no less, yet again.  Bunch of fvcking clowns.  All of them.

At least when this happens to them in the playoffs, it won't come as any big shock.  At least they'll run it up all over Houston.  That's all these gutless wonders are good for.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Same ol' frontrunning bunch of zilches. Same ol' falling apart in big test games like this one...on their own turf no less, yet again. Bunch of fvcking clowns. All of them.

At least when this happens to them in the playoffs, it won't come as any big shock. At least they'll run it up all over Houston. That's all these gutless wonders are good for.

With all due respect, my heart bleeds for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

With all due respect, my heart bleeds for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Right, I'm sure you wouldn't be aggravated over a game like this, if the Dolphins were in this position.

I believe early in the 2nd quarter NE had already fumbled 5 times (3 turnovers, 2 self recoveries) and that's just plain flukey. 1st half just spiraled out of control

But this is the kind of sh!t that happens to them...maybe not something exactly like this, but for all of the gaudy records that this team can put up, man do they have a way of coming apart and not getting it done in games like this one...they usually save the real duds for the playoffs though (at least lately).

At least the Pats aren't the only team suffering from fumbleitis tonight.