The Schneider and Marty disparity.

Mike Brown

Remember when moose was trash last year, and deboer went back to him like 9 times in a row? I wonder if we get that this year with broduer. Not that broduer was as bad as moose was, but by the end of that stretch moose was insanely bad.

Edited by Sneax

im still pissed that we had a shot at Dauphin and that we traded down to get a defensive dman... 

I liked Dauphin a lot but that early in the draft I think you have to take best player available and I think they made the right move by moving back to grab a really solid prospect in Santini and then gaining the extra pick to take Kujawinski. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone essentially.

Remember when moose was trash last year, and deboer went back to him like 9 times in a row? I wonder if we get that this year with broduer. Not that broduer was as bad as moose was, but by the end of that stretch moose was insanely bad.

That was a little different. Marty was hurt and deboer didn't want to trust Frazee or Kinkaid. In this case, Schneider is a perfectly capable option.

That was a little different. Marty was hurt and deboer didn't want to trust Frazee or Kinkaid. In this case, Schneider is a perfectly capable option.

i think deboer was trying to boost mooses confidence or something by letting him continue to play over and over again even though he was garbage.. it didnt work obviously but atleast we dont have to worry about that issue anymore.

I liked Dauphin a lot but that early in the draft I think you have to take best player available and I think they made the right move by moving back to grab a really solid prospect in Santini and then gaining the extra pick to take Kujawinski. Killed 2 birds with 1 stone essentially.

well ya but the point is that once again, we passed on a young forward with some offensive potential- and I won't accept kujawinski as having the same amount of potential Edited by Onddeck

well ya but the point is that once again, we passed on a young forward with some offensive potential- and I won't accept kujawinski as having the same amount of potential

I still disagree. The Devils turned 1 pick into a very solid D prospect and a talented C. I'd say there is an equal chance Dauphin and Santini play in the NHL one day with Kujawinski not too far behind. Lou didn't have a lot of picks entering last year's draft so he did well to get a 1 for 2 deal without sacrificing quality.

Kujawinski was viewed as a 1st round pick in the beginning of his draft year but fell due to consistency issues. He has the raw talent that you can't teach. Dauphin's ability to play 2-way makes him the more talented prospect but the actual offensive level from him to Kujawinski isn't that substantial.