GDT: Devils @ Sharks 10:30PM

PWW

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news.  I still think he can help this team.  In a full season he's definitely a 45 point guy, and brings a physical presence.  He's basically what we can expect Matteau to be minus the concussions hopefully.

This statement make me nervous. I don't expect Matteau to make the big team, I don't want him. So to think that the big contract Lou gave to Clowe forever would be a bust if that's all he can do. Clowe was a mistake. I have said it before it was a panic move by Lou.

Great news. I still think he can help this team. In a full season he's definitely a 45 point guy, and brings a physical presence. He's basically what we can expect Matteau to be minus the concussions hopefully.

If Clowe can produce a few 45 point seasons I would be satisfied with that. I was huge critic of the move to sign Clowe and hopefully he can prove me wrong one day.

This statement make me nervous. I don't expect Matteau to make the big team, I don't want him. So to think that the big contract Lou gave to Clowe forever would be a bust if that's all he can do. Clowe was a mistake. I have said it before it was a panic move by Lou.

$5m is basically what 45 point players cost these days believe it or not.  Lou went hard after Clowe even last year when we still had Clarkson.  I doubt this was a panic move.

If Clowe can produce a few 45 point seasons I would be satisfied with that. I was huge critic of the move to sign Clowe and hopefully he can prove me wrong one day.

My issue is the actual contract.  The cap hit is fine imo, but I don't like the 5 years and NTC.  3 years at $4.8m would have been ideal in my book.