GDT: Devils @ Sharks 10:30PM

PWW

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely could have been much worse, they hung in pretty good, but man do they need to work on their transition game for games like this

They can spend all day on it and it won't get much better because they don't have enough speed. Then they'd have to figure out how to put two consecutive passes together that are right on the sticks. 

Are you talking about the fans with the bail bond shirts?

I think he was talking about Marty looking like he had thrown his back out... lol

They can spend all day on it and it won't get much better because they don't have enough speed. Then they'd have to figure out how to put two consecutive passes together that are right on the sticks. 

you can get by with two player combos and stuff.   I know Zubrus is doing really well with Zajac and Jagr but Zajac really needs a player that can go in transition.  alot of these guys aren't even looking for the play, Carter had a good rush and didn't look for anyone until it was too late.

Eh, they didn't give up and they did well on a tough trip, can't be too upset about this one. Kinda glad I don't have to remember to make another GDT on Monday haha.

With the way they played against all three of those teams, 4 for 6 in points is an amazing road trip. The Devils were outplayed for most of this trip.

It's making up for all the times the Devils outplayed their opponents and lost.  lol

Eh, they didn't give up and they did well on a tough trip, can't be too upset about this one. Kinda glad I don't have to remember to make another GDT on Monday haha.

Exactly how I feel.  haha.

That was a nice run for you though.

Got home late around 3ish and watched this somewhat half asleep. Overall really happy with getting 4/6 points on this trip and that they don't have to head out out of the EST for awhile. They didn't play well on this trip but got some bounces and got points. It's like the opposite of last year where they would play well but not get rewarded. Nice to be on the other side.

Well Brunner was visible in this game unlike many others though not for any of the good reasons. Not ready to give up on him but he seems completely lost in this system. Not to play armchair psychologist but it almost seems like he's over-thinking and pressing. Hopefully the coaches or some teammates can do some extra work with him in practice or talks so he can get more comfortable in this system.

That Brodeur injury was scary. Woke me up pretty quickly as he was just laying their motionless. Glad it seems like he's ok but hopefully they really take their time to make sure it's nothing to worry about.

Some one mentioned that Larsson was hurt last night all I can read about is Marty's hit and Gionta's ankle.

Anyone have any information about Larsson, I watch the game and didn't see anything.

He took a spill and went into the boards awkwardly...was on his knees sliding face-first into them. Looked a bit shaken up in the minutes after but I think he was alright as IIRC it wasn't his last shift.

That Brodeur injury was scary. Woke me up pretty quickly as he was just laying their motionless. Glad it seems like he's ok but hopefully they really take their time to make sure it's nothing to worry about.

same thing happened to me... I was falling asleep but as soon as I saw Marty lying motionless I woke the fvck up and saw the last minute and a half.

Also the radio broadcast said it was the back of larsson's left knee and he did not return to the game after the hit.

FINALLY...the Sched from Hell is done. 

9-9-5...fitting record, in that there's reasons to be both encouraged and concerned. 

It was great that the Devils managed to come away with four points on this trip...but it's obvious that there are teams that the Devils flat-out don't match up well against.  Looks like their goaltending is going to keep them in a lot of games, as long as Marty can continue to play close to as well as he's been...this team rarely gets blown out.  Eliminate phantom shootout goals, and the Devils are -2 in goal differential.  That at least shows they're not really lucky to be 9-9-5...the record is really right about where it should be.

The next 23 games have a much more favorable home/road spread (14/9).  Though I'm optimistic, as much as I'd love to say that the Devils are primed to go on a little run here, I'm not sure that they will.  Goal-scoring seems like it's not going to get much better than it is right now, barring a new body or two coming in, and Brunner and Ryder suddenly getting hot (Brunner just looks lost at this point)...means the goaltending is going to have to continue to be great just to keep the Devils consistently competitive and in games.  Seems like a lot to ask, especially of a 41-year-old. 

Right now the Devils have the look and feel of a .500ish team.  Hope they can build off this 6-2-1 burst they're currently on and surprise.  

gutty finish by the boys, no give up in this team. marty was strong again after that first-(i think he was giving his exhausted a blow on that weird sprawl)

Ryder has been playing MUCH better hockey, but needs to hit the net.  Zubrus has turned things around too

thought gelanis was really good defensively, I'll blame a lost brunner for that 2nd goal

thank goodness were not in the pacific div, can you imagine playing the ducks sharks and kings on a weekly basis?????

good results from that trip, but better to be back at the rock monday!

FINALLY...the Sched from Hell is done. 

9-9-5...fitting record, in that there's reasons to be both encouraged and concerned. 

It was great that the Devils managed to come away with four points on this trip...but it's obvious that there are teams that the Devils flat-out don't match up well against.  Looks like their goaltending is going to keep them in a lot of games, as long as Marty can continue to play close to as well as he's been...this team rarely gets blown out.  Eliminate phantom shootout goals, and the Devils are -2 in goal differential.  That at least shows they're not really lucky to be 9-9-5...the record is really right about where it should be.

The next 23 games have a much more favorable home/road spread (14/9).  Though I'm optimistic, as much as I'd love to say that the Devils are primed to go on a little run here, I'm not sure that they will.  Goal-scoring seems like it's not going to get much better than it is right now, barring a new body or two coming in, and Brunner and Ryder suddenly getting hot (Brunner just looks lost at this point)...means the goaltending is going to have to continue to be great just to keep the Devils consistently competitive and in games.  Seems like a lot to ask, especially of a 41-year-old. 

Right now the Devils have the look and feel of a .500ish team.  Hope they can build off this 6-2-1 burst they're currently on and surprise.  

Good points.