Oh these new owners are just dandy

RangersSuck23

In their defense, the vouchers do say "Tickets subject to availability".. I mean you're definitely going to have unused vouchers so it makes sense to give out more vouchers than you have tix for.. It's basically first come first serve for redemption, and the point was to donate cans to charity, so I mean if the tickets run out then you just weren't quick enough but it's not like you've lost something you were given

I tried to redeem at noon on the dot and it wouldn't accept the code on ticketmasters site. Tried numerous times and nothing worked. Contacted TM and was told it was a problem with the Devils and they couldn't help. Called the Devils and couldn't get anyone (probably since it was a Sunday). I don't have all day to sit around and try to redeem this voucher, and when I went on the site tonight they were sold out.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that this didn't work when they said it would. Absolutely no excuse for that. While it's not the owners fault, it is the fault of the management team they have hired.

Ticketmaster, the site that made us wait 10+ minutes (when it said "About 1 minute wait time.") for available Yankee Stadium tickets 3 minutes into the presale, is obvious to blame for a technical error. Don't be silly.. Harris and company aren't I.T. guys..

Edited by DJ Eco

Well, you know, you did sort of say this and all  :thumbsup: i'm just messing with you here, but i'm tired of the fans' attitudes with respect to the owners. A goal song was changed and squashed were the amateur ticket brokers. You'd think they ordered the team's payroll slashed, changed the uniforms and fired lou. I mean, perspective here, you know? If not for these people this franchise would be in serious, serious trouble.

To be fair, everyone was raging at that point of the season. We didn't look like an NHL team and Deboer wouldn't change the lineup. And well, what do we have here, the lineup is forced to change by injury and wa-la! We learn how to score! I may have overreacted just a weeee bit at that point. 

In conclusion, I'm a college kid who paid good money to go to the kings game with the inclination that i would actually be able to watch two games for the price of one. Im just a broke college kid looking for a deal

You donated canned food to hungry people for NOTHING! How will you EVER forgive this organization!? Screw those people who are starving tonight man, you didn't get free hockey tickets!!!!!

Well when you were promised free tickets for doing so and are expecting to go to that game, and then you're not able to get the tickets because the voucher they gave you isn't working, obviously you're going to be annoyed.

Well when you were promised free tickets for doing so and are expecting to go to that game, and then you're not able to get the tickets because the voucher they gave you isn't working, obviously you're going to be annoyed.

It's a technical error, one that I'm sure will be fixed shortly. It's the equivalent of it being an email-voucher and your email provider is down so you didn't get the tickets. Short of our owner walking over to Ticketmaster headquarters and threatening to pull all ticket sales from their site unless the matter gets figured out immediately, I don't know what our ownership has to do with this.

It's a technical error, one that I'm sure will be fixed shortly. It's the equivalent of it being an email-voucher and your email provider is down so you didn't get the tickets. Short of our owner walking over to Ticketmaster headquarters and threatening to pull all ticket sales from their site unless the matter gets figured out immediately, I don't know what our ownership has to do with this.

It's both the Devils and TM's fault.  They should have tested the system to ensure it was working prior to the noon launch.  It is incumbent upon both parties to make it work as the Devils had stated in the voucher.  Ultimately, even if TM f'd up, so did the Devils for not being proactive enough to make sure their vendor had everything working in time.  Just looks bad for the team who is obviously going to take the brunt of this.  I really feel bad for those ticket reps who have probably been inundated with angry calls this morning.

It's both the Devils and TM's fault.  They should have tested the system to ensure it was working prior to the noon launch.  It is incumbent upon both parties to make it work as the Devils had stated in the voucher.  Ultimately, even if TM f'd up, so did the Devils for not being proactive enough to make sure their vendor had everything working in time.  Just looks bad for the team who is obviously going to take the brunt of this.  I really feel bad for those ticket reps who have probably been inundated with angry calls this morning.

I know. I'm going to call to complain today just because if you don't say something how can you complain when it happens again, but yeah, the reps got the short end of the stick here.

The Devils didn't promise anything. You donated food and were promised a voucher for the opportunity to redeem it for up to 4 tickets, tickets subject to availability. They didn't promise you tickets, they promised you the opportunity which they fulfilled.

The Devils didn't promise anything. You donated food and were promised a voucher for the opportunity to redeem it for up to 4 tickets, tickets subject to availability. They didn't promise you tickets, they promised you the opportunity which they fulfilled.

What part of they didn't even grant a reasonable opportunity to claim what they said we had the chance to don't you get? You gonna make the same post 10 times to make the point that you like prodding people?

What part of they didn't even grant a reasonable opportunity to claim what they said we had the chance to don't you get? You gonna make the same post 10 times to make the point that you like prodding people?

That problem is with TM, you fool, not the Devils. What part of that don't you understand? So go ahead and call the Devils anyway and explain to them how you're somehow holding them responsible for it. You want to call the Devils, fine, but holding them responsible for it is just dumb.

You act like no one could redeem these things at all. Plenty of people did! Look, you're just butt sore that your little plan you went into detail on didn't come to fruition. Most of us just redeemed these things and were happy with two, thankful to give them to people or use them ourselves.

It sucks that TM fvcked up.....that's life!  So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 1

That problem is with TM, you fool, not the Devils. What part of that don't you understand? So go ahead and call the Devils anyway and explain to them how you're somehow holding them responsible for it. You want to call the Devils, fine, but holding them responsible for it is just dumb.

I'm getting tired of your "reasonable opportunity" shtick. People got tickets, and alot of vouchers were redeemed. Boo hoo that you couldnt get 4, you weren't guaranteed that under any circumstance, it was all first come first served. You being on TM at Noon gave you an opportunity, not a guarantee. So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

Do you have a personal issue with every member of the board? Christ, get lost already

I'm getting tired of your "reasonable opportunity" shtick. People got tickets, and alot of vouchers were redeemed. Boo hoo that you couldnt get 4, you weren't guaranteed that under any circumstance, it was all first come first served. You being on TM at Noon gave you an opportunity, not a guarantee. So everyone lets just pull up your big boy pants and stop crying over things you got for free while donating to a worthy cause. It's already a joke that any "fans" of the Devils only attended the game against a Cup contender for the free tickets, but i digress

I didn't kill the guy, I just paid for someone else to do it, why you blaming me. Great logic.

No one is bitching about not getting 4, the complaint is no one had a reasonable chance to claim 4 as all were led to believe they would have. If that's not misleading, I don't know what is.

And how about screw you, who the fvck are you to tell me if I'm a fan or not. I went to the game because I thought I could get double value on my money. Does that mean I'm less a fan because had I spent the money on another game I would have only been able to afford to see that one?

Edited by ATLL765

Maybe Red Storm could tell they were being "sarcastic" in their definition of tickets......

I mean the voucher did say up to 4 tickets and I was wondering since I got it how everyone would get 4 tickets given that 11,000 are STH and people are buying off of TM and stubhub anyways.  I thought that was kind of pie in the sky thinking.  However, the phrase "up to 4" so technically the Devils didn't do anything wrong, but the may be guilty of getting people's hopes up high.

My big issue is not with the Devils but TM.  Again, its TM being caught off-guard and you would think they would be prepared for these kind of on-slaughts but like the Springsteen ticket debacle (more than once too), it seems like they never learn their lesson.  I was mostly pissed that I couldnt get great seats I landed on because I didn't know I had to do will-call and they never said that was the issue in the error message I received.  If they would have told me this on their website I would have lower level seats but instead I got uppers.  Whatever its a free game but damn does TM need a good kick in the ass on how to run a damn website.  You would think they would have grasped the fact that popular shows and giveaways like this would generate high volume and accomodate.

Do you have a personal issue with every member of the board? Christ, get lost already

Thank you for your contributions and your hyperbole.

Maybe Red Storm could tell they were being "sarcastic" in their definition of tickets......

Look, you're just butt sore that your little plan you went into detail with  didn't come to fruition. Most of us just redeemed these things and were happy with two, thankful to give them to people or use them ourselves. 

I mean the voucher did say up to 4 tickets and I was wondering since I got it how everyone would get 4 tickets given that 11,000 are STH and people are buying off of TM and stubhub anyways.  I thought that was kind of pie in the sky thinking.  However, the phrase "up to 4" so technically the Devils didn't do anything wrong, but the may be guilty of getting people's hopes up high.

My big issue is not with the Devils but TM.  Again, its TM being caught off-guard and you would think they would be prepared for these kind of on-slaughts but like the Springsteen ticket debacle (more than once too), it seems like they never learn their lesson.  I was mostly pissed that I couldnt get great seats I landed on because I didn't know I had to do will-call and they never said that was the issue in the error message I received.  If they would have told me this on their website I would have lower level seats but instead I got uppers.  Whatever its a free game but damn does TM need a good kick in the ass on how to run a damn website.  You would think they would have grasped the fact that popular shows and giveaways like this would generate high volume and accomodate.

I understood that after reading the fine print and that's why I was ready to claim the tickets by noon. My issue is that the "up to 4" is a bit disingenuous when it appears as if no one could get 4 tickets. If no one got 4, was it really up to 4 or was it really 2 tickets, but we'll say up to 4 to make more people show up to the LA game....I have a feeling it's the latter.

That's my issue. I felt like I was duped into paying to see a game I didn't need to see with money I could use now. I'm more than happy with just 2 tickets to another game, but that's not the impression most were left with when they got the vouchers. I thought I'd at least be able to get 4 tickets out of one of the vouchers. I'll give away the extra 2 to a friend with a gf or something, but it's kinda weird explaining that we won't be sitting anywhere near each other because it was near impossible to use the TM website and claim seats.

I understood that after reading the fine print and that's why I was ready to claim the tickets by noon. My issue is that the "up to 4" is a bit disingenuous when it appears as if no one could get 4 tickets. If no one got 4, was it really up to 4 or was it really 2 tickets, but we'll say up to 4 to make more people show up to the LA game....I have a feeling it's the latter.

That's my issue. I felt like I was duped into paying to see a game I didn't need to see with money I could use now. I'm more than happy with just 2 tickets to another game, but that's not the impression most were left with when they got the vouchers. I thought I'd at least be able to get 4 tickets out of one of the vouchers. I'll give away the extra 2 to a friend with a gf or something, but it's kinda weird explaining that we won't be sitting anywhere near each other because it was near impossible to use the TM website and claim seats.

I think a few people snagged 4 seats, but not many and doubt even less were together.  The voucher was very general and was probably done purposely to avoid any problems like this from being blamed directly on them.

The one thing that the Devils could have done better to help alleviate or avoid the problems with the TM website was to offer more than 1 game.  I did indeed call TM about an hour in and the rep said they were having major issues for that event because of the food voucher.  Hell I didn't have to mention the voucher, just the game and the rep's immediate response was "you are calling about the Food Bank voucher right?"

the only real gripe with the owners so far is that they seem to want to "re-invent" the relationship with the fanbase, catering to families (yes, the goal song thing!), and replacing old traditions instead of keeping them in place and adding to them.

"you suck" chant is not an old tradition.  It started around 2007.

Other than that what other old traditions did they get rid of?