Islanders unveil Stadium Series jersey.

Mike Brown

While this isn't the worst, it certainly looks like amatuer hour. The NY looks washed out and bland, the two stripes on the sleeves don't go all the way around the sleeve, the numbers are slanted which is not needed, and the yolk being pointed is just silly. It's trying to be ultra modern for modernizations sake. The numbers being slanted to follow stripes seems to  be a nod to the way the numbers wave to follow the wavy stripes on the Gorton's Fisherman jersey.

Icelanders stop making third/alternate jerseys; the Fishsticks jersey, the Orange Starburst jersey, the Black Baske-Hockey jersey, now this. The New York Islanders; making ugly third jerseys since 1996.

From what the Newsday article stated I believe that all the teams involved are going to release their Stadium Series jersey today and they will be available for purchase by the public on Black Friday.

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673

I think if the NY had been outlined in orange, it would've looked better.

• Like 1

While there are some parts of it I don't like, it's not terrible, many people here are overreacting.  One element I absolutely hate is the nameplate not being the same color as the jersey, which can be seen at the end of the video sykkie posted.  That gets on my nerves.

There are five separate logos on the uniform... It's ridiculous.

What?  There's the logo on the chest, the secondary logo on the shoulder, the Stadium Series patch on the other shoulder, and I guess you're counting the logo on the pants?  Those are all pretty standard except maybe the pants logo, but that isn't that uncommon either and if you're counting that then why not count the helmet decals?  Also, what's the fifth one?

While there are some parts of it I don't like, it's not terrible, many people here are overreacting. One element I absolutely hate is the nameplate not being the same color as the jersey, which can be seen at the end of the video sykkie posted. That gets on my nerves.

What? There's the logo on the chest, the secondary logo on the shoulder, the Stadium Series patch on the other shoulder, and I guess you're counting the logo on the pants? Those are all pretty standard except maybe the pants logo, but that isn't that uncommon either and if you're counting that then why not count the helmet decals? Also, what's the fifth one?

center chest, one on each shoulder, left pant leg and the ccm logo on the right pant leg (which I'm counting since it's so big)

I just think there is so much going on in that uniform between all of the logos stripes and chrome that it looks like a 5 year old put all his favorite things in it.

center chest, one on each shoulder, left pant leg and the ccm logo on the right pant leg (which I'm counting since it's so big)

I just think there is so much going on in that uniform between all of the logos stripes and chrome that it looks like a 5 year old put all his favorite things in it.

Yes but I think that fits the futuristic concept.. Don't people always say we are becoming an ADD culture? Why not get more crazy.. I agree though, too much going on for me