CAR @ NJ 7PM

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All PER TG's twitter

https://twitter.com/TGfireandice

Schneider said he's "very surprised" and "frustrated" he's not playing, but made point of saying Brodeur is playing well.

Cory Schneider on not playing: "It's Groundhog Day for me. I can't seem to escape it. I’m just trying to work hard and do what I can. I’d just like to see the ice a bit more is all.”

Schneider: "Marty’s playing really well. He’s got the net. He’s running with it. It’s part of the game ...but I just feel at this point in my career it’s something where I’d like to play more.”

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_goaltender_cory_schneider_very_frustrated_hes_no_playing_tonight/#sthash.jKp9rKha.dpuf

Petey pushing Cory away already!

sounds like he cant WAIT for free agency or a trade

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Petey pushing Cory away already!

sounds like he cant WAIT for free agency or a trade

In bold:  no it doesn't.  It sounds like he's not thrilled about his situation as of November 27, 2013, which I can understand.

Marty is a finite resource at this time...what he's done after a rough four starts to begin the season has been a terrific surprise...I'm guessing Pete knows that it's not going to last, so he wants to try to squeeze out whatever Marty has left.  Do I agree with him doing it at Schneider's expense?  No.  And I don't blame Cory for being pissed about it.  But at the same time, it's crazy to think that what is going on right this minute with the Devils' goaltending situation will continue as such.  Marty is going to slump in time (his last three seasons have shown that he is not nearly as consistent as he once was), and Cory might very well take the job at that point and never look back.  And Marty's contract is up at the end of this season, so this Marty/Cory scenario has a good chance of being completely irrelevant in 2014-15 anyway. 

Anyway,

LET'S GO DEVILS

In bold:  no it doesn't.  It sounds like he's not thrilled about his situation as of November 27, 2013, which I can understand.

Marty is a finite resource at this time...what he's done after a rough four starts to begin the season has been a terrific surprise...I'm guessing Pete knows that it's not going to last, so he wants to try to squeeze out whatever Marty has left.  Do I agree with him doing it at Schneider's expense?  No.  And I don't blame Cory for being pissed about it.  But at the same time, it's crazy to think that what is going on right this minute with the Devils' goaltending situation will continue as such.  Marty is going to slump in time (his last three seasons have shown that he is not nearly as consistent as he once was), and Cory might very well take the job at that point and never look back.  And Marty's contract is up at the end of this season, so this Marty/Cory scenario has a good chance of being completely irrelevant in 2014-15 anyway. 

Anyway,

LET'S GO DEVILS

you honestly dont think marty is going to just up and walk away after this year do you? he has said several times that he intends to play another season if he can.. he will try to get another contact out of lou.

Seriously trade Schnieder. You're not going to score for him, you're not going to sign players that score and you're not playing him. He was traded for a 1st round pick which the Devils are most certainly going to need at the end of this season. So go ahead ride out Brodeur, trade Schnieder for draft picks and sign a cruddy back up goalie.

PDB sucks.

Edited by BigZ

Marty has played very well and deserves to start.  Problem, is, so has Schneider.  IMO, they should continue to split the starts.  It's not Cory's fault this team can't score a goal when he is in net. 

Pete clearly is going to ride Brodeur here, and this is exactly what I was afraid of when they made this trade at the draft.  You give up a high draft pick for a goalie of the future (who, because he is already 27 or 28, really is the goalie of now), but the aging legend is not ready to leave and isn't playing bad enough to be forced out creating a situation where the new guy remains in limbo.  It's more likely Marty returns next season if he keeps playing like he has so far this season.  What do you do then?  Eventually, they have to hand the reigns over to Cory.  For some reason I get the feeling this is not going to go down well.   

you honestly dont think marty is going to just up and walk away after this year do you? he has said several times that he intends to play another season if he can.. he will try to get another contact out of lou.

I'll worry about that when the time comes...the future is too uncertain.  Just because Marty's playing well right now doesn't mean he will for the whole season.  And even if he does re-sign for next season, it's not like he becomes a lock to play 40+ games.  At Marty's age, I can't extrapolate what's happened 24 games into the 2013-14 season all the way to the end of the 2014-15 season.  Marty could very well have a second half or extended stretch of games similar to his first four starts.  Let's face it...the only reason he's getting as many starts as he has as of late is because he's been playing well.  If that stops, and Schneider does his job, there isn't going to be any goalie controversy for long.   

Seriously trade Schnieder. You're not going to score for him, you're not going to sign players that score and you're not playing him. He was traded for a 1st round pick which the Devils are most certainly going to need at the end of this season. So go ahead ride out Brodeur, trade Schnieder for draft picks and sign a cruddy back up goalie.

PDB sucks.

your overreactions never cease to amaze me.