aaaw guuuuys!

Nieda

Mmmmm. Genetics can be a huge problem. But, at the same time, if I were overweight whether it be due to diet or genetics I would stay away from anything that could possiblycompound the problem. The stuff at fast food restaurants (I use that word in it's loosest term) is pure toxic garbage. Mothers who take their children there should be questioned over child abuse (ok that's OTT). It's like smoking but far more pervasive.

I guess I'll agree to disagree. My whole point is that it's part of the problem, not the entire problem. We do agree there. But as for never to do it? I'm all for splurges on dieters. It's been documented countless times that those who plan cheats, as in, "I'll go to McDonald's for lunch one day, but no super-size stuff," are more successful than those who don't, as those who don't end up binging. It's all about control. If you can control your diet, who cares if you eat McDonald's once in a while?

Moderation is the key to success.

I do agree with what you're saying, sheeps. It's just that I have a burr up my backside about fast food empires and their meglomanic, capitalistic, malevolent and selfish attempts to kill society and clog up the hearts of youth today. 1/10 people in Britain is overweight- a massive increase from even 10 years ago and I do think that fast food and junk crap have had a huge part to play.

The way I'm working it is that Friday afternoon after work I'll weight myself. If I've lost weight since the previous Friday afternoon, I can splurge once that weekend. (Pizza or other fast food). So far I've lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks on that "diet". It's actually more exercising than diet. I was using the treadmill, but last week I graduated to doing stairs for 20 minutes twice a day. I could barely walk at some points this week. :)

Don, if it's working for you, keep doing it, but the most accurate time to weigh yourself is in the morning after going to the bathroom. For instance, if you had a lot of salt that day, you'd retain more water, meaning more water weight. Or if you had a lot of carbs, you'd have more glycogen stores, meaning more weight. Or if you drank a lot and hadn't peed yet, or ate a lot, more weight. I'm sure you know what I'm saying.

I'm slowly changing my eating habits. Keyword is slowly. 'cause in the past when I've done it all in one go I'd have immediate success but it would never last, so I'm just doing it one step at a time...

OK, UK lingo:

Crisps = wafer thin slices of potato that are crunchy and, yes, pringles would count. They come in packets.

Fries = the stuff you get in MacDonals which is NOT sweet.

Chips = fat fries you get with fish and chips. Chunks of potato.

I'm sure they're the same. you can't really taste the sugar because of the salt they use but believe me it's in there by the sack load.

I'm sure there is sugar in there, but I wouldn't go as far to call them sugary. That's a bit misleading. :P

EDIT: :rant:

Edited by sammyk