Update: Odjick and Parker Battling Effects of Concussions

devilsrule33

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The events of last night in Boston make a good case to bring this back up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VEz9p8-L3s#t=154

What in the world is Thornton doing?  So now we have a player leaving the game on a stretcher because of the ridiculous notion of frontier justice that goes around in the league.

I know the history from last years playoffs, and this game was down and dirty with four guys leaving the game due to injury.    But seriously why does Orpik, a guy who doesnt really fight have to answer the bell to Thornton, the B's enforcer?  Its a pretty big mismatch, and what does it solve?  Makes Thornton feel better?  Is any sort of justice being served?  Lets see how he feels when what should be a 10+ game suspension is handed out.

The events of last night in Boston make a good case to bring this back up.

What in the world is Thornton doing? So now we have a player leaving the game on a stretcher because of the ridiculous notion of frontier justice that goes around in the league.

I know the history from last years playoffs, and this game was down and dirty with four guys leaving the game due to injury. But seriously why does Orpik, a guy who doesnt really fight have to answer the bell to Thornton, the B's enforcer? Its a pretty big mismatch, and what does it solve? Makes Thornton feel better? Is any sort of justice being served? Lets see how he feels when what should be a 10+ game suspension is handed out.

it's even more ridiculous when you consider orpik's hit on Eriksson was completely clean. Thornton just had it in his head it wasn't and decided to take things into his own hands.

If orpik is out for an extended period I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 20+ game suspension.

it's even more ridiculous when you consider orpik's hit on Eriksson was completely clean. Thornton just had it in his head it wasn't and decided to take things into his own hands.

If orpik is out for an extended period I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 20+ game suspension.

That's the real problem. If fighting's still part of the game, guys should answer the call after dirty hits, but an idiot like Thornton goes into the game waiting for a reason to fight, and Orpik can't make a clean hit without consequences.

I just wanted to get a dig in at the UFC. I seriously have no idea how anyone finds it entertaining.

I like when guys fight who don't usually fight. Then it's entertaining because they don't spend the whole time avoiding getting hit like the Janssen-Prust fight was. Those guys know if they let the other guy get a clean shot in, it could be lights out. Two non-fighters and there's less strategy, which makes it more exciting to me.

Ppl want to see bludgeoned though. Boxing isnt a slugfest yet thats the entertainment. Ppl like say rigo in boxing is boring but pure skills and what the sport is. Ppl want that brawl. Half the reason why ufc is so popular.

Not to go off-topic, but the 4th and 5th rounds of the Silva-Hunt fight the other night were why people watch UFC. Just an absolute slugfest. I just had to mention it since my room mate watched it today and I was shocked at how those 2 guys fought.