this is a horrible team and lou sucks

brylin18

Waaaaaah...this team sucks. Give me a break. I endured the devils from opening night when they first came to NJ when really SUCKED.

You have no idea how tough it was taking sh!t from everyone when hope was either minimal or NONE.

Suck it up and show some support.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

buddy i am loyal........this team just sucks so bad compared to what i grew up with.  we would just dominate teams.... now we have to scrap and claw with the fvcking columbus blue jackets. 

stevens and niedermayer........forget about it.  games were OVER after the first period.

Yeah well I want my childhood back too.. That includes Santa being real, N64 being the **** (ok still is), elementary school > job, and home cooked meals every night… But it's over and it's not coming back

What the Devils did from 1995 - 2003 was rare, especially in modern day hockey.. Odds are that we simply won't see that level of domination ever again.. But remember, we've been fortunate enough to see this underdog franchise do some amazing things.. Things that fans of nearly every other team in the league could only dream of.. So don't give me this self-entitled crap, because you will get no sympathy from anyone who knows how hard it is to win consistently in hockey.. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs for 8 years and haven't won a Cup in almost 50!! Imagine living and dying without ever seeing your team win a championship

While he may not be what he was, we still get to see Brodeur between the pipes in a Devils jersey.. The only jersey he's ever worn.. Plus, I think watching Jagr tear it up in our uniform is pretty cool too.. But the Marty thing is very special.. It's a piece of my childhood that still exists, and if for no other reason (and there are many), I watch the games because very soon Marty Brodeur will hang it up for good and I'll only have memories to go by

Edited by Colin226

I'm assuming OP just needed a good rant. We all are a bit frustrated with the inconsistent play. Not to worry though, cuz Schneids should be getting the majority of games now (of course I also presumed PDB would be smart enough to make that happen weeks ago, too)

The average age of posters here is hovering somewhere between 17-22

I am shocked we do not see more of these types of posts quite frankly...

Eh, I don't blame age so much. Stupidity and entitlement exist no matter how old you are. I guess some of the fans who grew up during the Cup years don't know what it is to lose (I'm 28, so I'm in that group), but lots of young fans get it.

Wow..this is a quality post right here.  On an off night too, I would've thought this kind of thing would surface after a tough loss (like last night).

The sense of entitlement..wow.  I mean, I'll admit, I was at that level of maturity about..9-10 years ago (when I was 15, mind you).  You really can't appreciate what the Devils were doing during the mini-dynasty years when you're growing up in them - you just assume that's how it is and always will be.  My Dad would always say "Cherish this, because this isn't how sports really is" and I'd always laugh at him like the arrogant little sh!t teenager I was.  My point - unless you're actually a teenager OP, you might want to reconsider your thought process regarding this team and professional sports in general..

I mean, DAE WONDER Y LOU HASN'T DRAFTED LEGENDARY HOF DEFENSEMEN RECENTLY?  CLEARLY NEEDS TO GO #OVERRATED

Edited by Devilsfan118

Sometimes i come on  this board and imagine how would some people react if the NHL had the same system as Soccer, where the bottom 4 teams are kicked into a minor league just because they sucked that season.

Or better yet your team being fined $50k, and losing 20 home games because there was a fight at the stands like what happened last sunday with Atlético-PR vs Vasco.

Hey this just in--the National Hockey League is a difficult league.  There are no pushover teams or guaranteed wins.  Every team is good and can beat any opponent even if their record is bad.

you do know that since the whole division sucks, they arent far from the 3rd spot right?.     

Haha seriously, we are one win out of a playoff spot--man this team is atrocious.

Hey this just in--the National Hockey League is a difficult league.  There are no pushover teams or guaranteed wins.  Every team is good and can beat any opponent even if their record is bad.

Haha seriously, we are one win out of a playoff spot--man this team is atrocious.

I don't feel very good about being one game out in a division that is very weak like Metro.

How 'bout i stay away from this one?

By far and away the best post you've ever made...I actually did wonder for a split-second if Brylin18 was you...you two should have plenty to PM and PMS about...

Yeah well I want my childhood back too.. That includes Santa being real, N64 being the **** (ok still is), elementary school > job, and home cooked meals every night… But it's over and it's not coming back

What the Devils did from 1995 - 2003 was rare, especially in modern day hockey.. Odds are that we simply won't see that level of domination ever again.. But remember, we've been fortunate enough to see this underdog franchise do some amazing things.. Things that fans of nearly every other team in the league could only dream of.. So don't give me this self-entitled crap, because you will get no sympathy from anyone who knows how hard it is to win consistently in hockey.. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs for 8 years and haven't won a Cup in almost 50!! Imagine living and dying without ever seeing your team win a championship

While he may not be what he was, we still get to see Brodeur between the pipes in a Devils jersey.. The only jersey he's ever worn.. Plus, I think watching Jagr tear it up in our uniform is pretty cool too.. But the Marty thing is very special.. It's a piece of my childhood that still exists, and if for no other reason (and there are many), I watch the games because very soon Marty Brodeur will hang it up for good and I'll only have memories to go by

Santa Claus isn't real?  fvck!  Next thing you know, someone will say the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny aren't real too.  I hate surprises. 

I remember buying the N64 the day it came out...waiting on line for Toys 'r Us on Rte 46 in Totowa...I was banged up from the night before...the line was basically a bunch of kids 12 years old and younger with their parents, and my hungover, 26-year-old ass.  Back then people didn't camp out for days before to buy brand-new systems...you could actually get to a chain 15-20 minutes before they opened and walk out with a just-released system...such novelty.  The cashier asked me what lucky kid I was buying my 64 for.  I told her "ME!"  Brought it over to my friend's house in Clifton and me, him, and two other guys wound up playing Pilotwings 64 for the next 6 hours.  Awesome memories indeed...

Yeah, you pretty much nailed what most rational fans are thinking...sure, we'd all love the glory days to go on forever, but they don't, and some "fans" can't accept that.  All you can do is enjoy the good times to their fullest...especially since you know they'll go away eventually, no matter what the franchise does. 

By far and away the best post you've ever made...I actually did wonder for a split-second if Brylin18 was you...you two should have plenty to PM and PMS about...

In a way i don't agree with the OP he's a bit too extreme... but reading through post here, i also don't agree with posters who absolutely refuse to admit that we're in trouble now not because our stars aged or got injured but because of the bad long term decisions Lou took and will simply point out the good moves he made.

Edited by SterioDesign

this season is a waste of my time. this is a horribly mediocre team.

does lou lamoriello honestly believe that this team can win a stanley cup? look at this sh!t team.....its a joke.

it seems lou is content in having one of those middling teams that makes the playoffs some years and promptly get bounced out, or scrapes and claws its way through the end of the year only to get eliminated from playoff contention after losing a deciding regular season game to the fvcking carolina hurricanes in some stupid anti-climatic playoff "push", after marty goddamn brodeur lets in a goal with 3.8 seconds left in the motherfvcking game.

why we are keeping this piece of trash team afloat with guys like fvcking jaromir jagr or michael ryder? are you kidding me with this lou?

jagr is a guy that the boston bruins acquire on their way to a stanley cup run. he should not be a team's leading motherfvcking scorer!

and the worst part is it's not going to get any better! what do i have to look forward to next year? a solid young defense and a good goaltender, ok, yes.....where are the goals gonna come from lou?! this forward unit is pathetic group. there's no way that they can be counted on to score for sh!t.

my question to lou is this: when did it become acceptable for you to ice mediocre teams that have NO chance in winning a stanley cup?

Horribly mediocre. Thats an oxymoron. This team is mediocre. So you squeeze into the playoffs and hopefully get hot at the right time. Jesus christ is this your first year as a hockey fan? Relax

Look, this was bound to happen, the Dynasty (95-03) was built mostly through the draft, and its really hard to do that when you are picking at the bottom every year, while this year is frustrating, the kids keep me excited every game.

And IMHO this is good compared to the 1st round exits in 97-99 when we were the best team in the eastern conf.!

Look, this was bound to happen, the Dynasty (95-03) was built mostly through the draft, and its really hard to do that when you are picking at the bottom every year, while this year is frustrating, the kids keep me excited every game.

And IMHO this is good compared to the 1st round exits in 97-99 when we were the best team in the eastern conf.!

What's better being Eastern Div best team and getting bounced in the first round or missing the playoffs 2 out of 3 years and having a team like we have today? Probably if we make the playoffs this season we get bounced again in 1st round.what do you think?

In a way i don't agree with the OP he's a bit too extreme... but reading through post here, i also don't agree with posters who absolutely refuse to admit that we're in trouble now not because our stars aged or got injured but because of the bad long term decisions Lou took and will simply point out the good moves he made.

It always goes back to the same thing...guys like you and brylin18 simply don't realize that even the very best GMs make mistakes and have moves not work out for them, and sometimes that can happen in bunches.  If you're criticizing every misstep Lou makes, then you're pretty much expecting perfection or something close to it. 

There are reasons for optimism.  Some young defensemen with upside are playing with the big club.  There's a terrific puck-stopping goalie who will help, once DeBoer realizes it and gives him a real chance to prove it.  Some of the Lost Scorers' Club is coming to life.  Boucher is getting a chance, though we don't know what he's going to be.

It's not all perfect, and not having a first-round pick this year sucks, and that one can be coughed up to inexcusable arrogance on Lou's part...he was warned not to go through with Kovy Contract #1, but gave the NHL the finger and had a press conference to boot.  Did he really think the league was just going to sit there and take it?  Lou has always such a knowing finger on the pulse of NHL (it's how he was able to get Stevens as compensation for Shanahan), so he REALLY should've known better.   

Anyway, I don't the future is really THAT bad.  It's cloudy, but not stormy, and I can see rays of sunshine peeking through. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Lol I'm sure the op is also a giants fan complaining the team will miss the playoffs this year after winning 2 super bowls in 7 years.

If you can't handle some struggling seasons by all means look at some of our biggest rivals and see if you'd like to be in their shoes. Only the penguins have had consistent success the past decade and that was a result of being pathetic for years to the point where they nearly left town, and had to tank for Crosby and Malkin.

I'll take 20 years of cup contention if it meant 2 down years and a mediocre year. And also op you ask what is there to look forward to and then answer the question with good defense and goaltending... Then pine for the days of Stevens and niedermeyer! Make up your mind!