Sixers e-mail fans to buy Devs tickets

MadDog2020

You guys are making a bigger deal than it is. The NYR-NJD game is the least of the league's worries, it's more or less 95% sold out.

They're having REAL trouble with the NYR-NYI game, I'd say they've sold 60% of those tickets. Same with ANA-LA...

Edited by DJ Eco

even though the link to the article that started this thread referred to the winter classic game, and even though I mentioned two other winter classic games being played, I thought it was obvious.  I will make sure to dummy it up for you in the future.

i didnt waste my time reading your other postings.. just saw the post i was referring to.. but yea be sure to do that.

Eh I think the game will be okay, as far as sight lines are concerned.  I've been to a couple Pinstripe Bowls now (Yeah, Rutgers goes to those real prestigious bowl games) and they've all been relatively enjoyable as far as viewing is concerned.  

I'm admittedly a little unfamiliar with how the two layouts compare (football field vs. hockey rink), but if they don't completely fvck it up it should be okay.

I don't see why people assume because there's inventory left that the game isn't selling. If anything they're holding inventory to try and sell stuff that actually isn't moving (season tickets/plans).

But yeah ownership is tone deaf trying to move tickets 'this' way. They probably think they're just rewarding their own sth's for enduring tank mode.

I know most of you guys are from North Jersey, but I'm in South Jersey about 10 minutes outside of philly. I know a bunch of people that are Devils fans AND sixers or eagles or phillies fans.  I realize a majority are not Devs fans, but their not all flyers either.

The marketing of Jerseys Team is non existent down here, but there is potential.  This is only a good thing. People complain about the lack of marketing and when they finally do it, and to new people, they complain about that.  I'll be attending with a phillies/eagles fan, and a Red Wings fan who just loves hockey and doesn't care about Devils or rangers. 

i would have to imagine whatever nets fans were around would still be fans of the team they didnt move very far ...

You'd be surprised how many people have sworn them off now that they're no longer a 'Jersey team'.  Some people take state pride to the nth degree given that we're always seen as New York's nameless cousin.

You'd be surprised how many people have sworn them off now that they're no longer a 'Jersey team'.  Some people take state pride to the nth degree given that we're always seen as New York's nameless cousin.

i can understand this.. i was just thinking about it like if the devils were to move to a neighboring state i would still follow and be a fan of the team ya know.. but i definently agree that im sure a lot of people look at it the way you mentioned.

the price point for the games are on par with stanley cup finals tickets, add in a terrible economy with 2 teams struggling playing and you get what you get.

Dead on.

The prices are astronomical, so that cuts out a ton of potential buyers right there.

Then the fact that you will freeze your ass off; that takes away some more people.

Finally, the fact that both teams are sucking at the moment all combines for a stadium with seats still available.

I know I dropped my support for the Nets immediately after I left the Rock following their final home game.. Decided to become a Sixers fan though I'll only buy their stuff if they ever win a championship.. I'd rather support a Philly team with our same owner than a team that ran to NYC

I don't see why people assume because there's inventory left that the game isn't selling. If anything they're holding inventory to try and sell stuff that actually isn't moving (season tickets/plans).

You NAILED it on the head. Islanders-Rangers is the one that's not selling. Rangers-Devils is pretty much sold out. I'm sure the Devils held out on selling them all to push a few more season tickets or small-scale corporate sponsorships. It's pretty well documented that the Devils-Rangers game has been the much bigger draw.

You NAILED it on the head. Islanders-Rangers is the one that's not selling. Rangers-Devils is pretty much sold out. I'm sure the Devils held out on selling them all to push a few more season tickets or small-scale corporate sponsorships. It's pretty well documented that the Devils-Rangers game has been the much bigger draw.

id assume that for ranger fans as well the much bigger more desired game to attend would be the devils game over the islanders.. the rivalry is just as fun for them as it is for us... i mean if it was the other way around and the devils played twice and the opponents were between the rags and isles... well i think we can all figure out what game we would all be buying first

I know I dropped my support for the Nets immediately after I left the Rock following their final home game.. Decided to become a Sixers fan though I'll only buy their stuff if they ever win a championship.. I'd rather support a Philly team with our same owner than a team that ran to NYC

I swore them off when they first announced the plans to move years ago. I loved that team, I'm still heartbroken. I have an apartment in Philly, and started supporting the Sixers also. It's not just that they left, it's how they left. When have teams ever been permitted to relocate in any league after a brand new stadium has been built in their market? They had the opportunity to stay and grow in New Jersey. Ratner's a criminal. At this point, for most of the state, the Sixers are the closest NBA team whether it be distance or travel time.