Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

I was wondering how many people here are going to the game.  And if not, why?

To me, I'd love to be part of history, and want to support my team, but the majority of seats will have almost no viewing angle for the game.  I'd rather be able to see the game on TV.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I would like to go just for the experience but it's a 6 hour drive, ~$80 in gas and tolls, plus the cost of tickets.

Id rather pay a lower price for better views and warmer seats at the rock (I'll probably make it to the Columbus game) or verizon center when they visit in the spring.

As far as the cold... as long as you're dressed appropriately it shouldn't be an issue.

What scared me away was the Yankee's seat previewer.  You can see what your view would look like form your seat online, and the majority of the view's I saw from seats I could get were so low to the ground you wouldn't be able to see anything.

This game seems like a great headline for the NHL... a game from world famous Yankee Stadium, but as far as I'm concerned the fan's are just a prop for TV.

I almost wish the Devils got it in 2015 so they could play it in Met Life Stadium.  There is much more upper deck there where sight lines would be good (still far away, but at least you can see the entire sheet of ice.

• Like 1

Not feeling it, due to reasons stated above (poor sightlines, cold).  The older I get, the more I detest freezing my ass off when I don't have to.  But if I was 10 to 20 years younger, I'd probably feel differently.  And I would suck it up for a Patriot playoff game if I had to...I just don't feel like the stakes are high enough in a regular-season NHL game I guess.   

This being said, I can understand why it appeals to some even if it's pricey.  And for those who do go, I'm sure most of them will enjoy it.  Just not my thing. 

The NHL has beaten this outdoor thing to death. Hockey is usually played indoors for a reason. It’s better for the players as the ice is a lot better and the viewing experience is a lot better as you are a lot closer to the action amongst others. The once a year outdoor game was a great idea and made it a special event, even for people who don’t regularly follow hockey.
Every junkie doses his drugs better than the NHL did the outdoor games. Outside of the teams fan bases, nobody is going to care out these games forward going.

As far as the cold... as long as you're dressed appropriately it shouldn't be an issue.

What scared me away was the Yankee's seat previewer.  You can see what your view would look like form your seat online, and the majority of the view's I saw from seats I could get were so low to the ground you wouldn't be able to see anything.

This game seems like a great headline for the NHL... a game from world famous Yankee Stadium, but as far as I'm concerned the fan's are just a prop for TV.

I almost wish the Devils got it in 2015 so they could play it in Met Life Stadium.  There is much more upper deck there where sight lines would be good (still far away, but at least you can see the entire sheet of ice.

I dont think Yankee Stadium will look spectacular on tv. The bleacher seats will be far away from the rink, there will probably be empty seats in the 'moat seats', i.e. the ritzy seats behind home plate and along the baselines because you wont be able to see anything from there. I agree its too bad we couldnt have it at MetLife. Michigan Stadium and Soldier Field will both look amazing on TV with the hoards of people seen at every angle.

Edited by devlman

I dont think Yankee Stadium will look spectacular on tv. The bleacher seats will be far away from the rink, there will probably be empty seats in the 'moat seats', i.e. the ritzy seats behind home plate and along the baselines because you wont be able to see anything from there. I agree its too bad we couldnt have it at MetLife. Michigan Stadium and Soldier Field will both look amazing on TV with the hoards of people seen at every angle.

I mean the stadium is so iconic with the arches and everything I think it will look great from the blimp and I'm sure there will be a lot of great camera shots showing off the location.

I'll be there!  Section 420B, so I'll be able to see it all.  

I will be in that section as well with 4 friends.  The ticket prices for this thing are ridiculous, and the sight lines are not very conducive for watching hockey.  However, this is an experience that I wasn't going to let pass as it is unlikely the Devils are back in an outdoor game anytime soon, unless the NHL makes the huge mistake of doing this Stadium series BS every year and completely kills it.  I mean, look at the trouble they are having selling tickets for the Rags-Isles and Ducks-Kings games.  If that isn't a huge red flag for the NHL suits, I don't know what is. 

Not going to kid myself - I got tickets to this game primarily because it'll likely be the only time we'll ever see Marty in an outdoor game.  I assume he'll be starting..and it'll be pretty freakin cool to be able to say I was there to see it 20 years from now, when he's the GM of this team  :giggle:

Even if the Devils do get another outdoor game in the next few years..odds are Marty won't be there.

Least expensive tix available are $200 each. I really wanted to go (I live in Virginia-wifey & me stay w/ my sis in Howell) ) and i was prepared to spend $150 per ticket but other stuff scared me off. I love my team, & unless I get "relatively decent seats, for "relatively decent price,  I'll go.

Not going to kid myself - I got tickets to this game primarily because it'll likely be the only time we'll ever see Marty in an outdoor game.  I assume he'll be starting..and it'll be pretty freakin cool to be able to say I was there to see it 20 years from now, when he's the GM of this team  :giggle:

Even if the Devils do get another outdoor game in the next few years..odds are Marty won't be there.

Ha Ha, Marty as GM 20 years from now, you hope, I doubt.

If he is on a losing stretch will Devils play him in this game? I would hope not.

Another outdoor game you're correct Marty won't be there as a player.

Least expensive tix available are $200 each. I really wanted to go (I live in Virginia-wifey & me stay w/ my sis in Howell) ) and i was prepared to spend $150 per ticket but other stuff scared me off. I love my team, & unless I get "relatively decent seats, for "relatively decent price, I'll go.

Howellbama represent!