Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

If the tickets were magically $50, everyone and their mother is looking for tickets.

They're going to sell out with tickets averaging like $200 and up and there'd still be a wait list if there was such a thing for this game, I'd say just about everyone and their mother wants tickets as it is.  Of course people would want tickets at $50, they're buying them at $200-400!  

You could say the same thing about any game - no **** more people'll jump if prices are lower.  But that's not the reality - there's obviously an 'event premium' on this game.  If they're selling out at the current prices then clearly more than enough people are buying them where price isn't an issue for enough people to matter.

I just think you and the others who like to bash the fanbase are using a handful of people flip-flopping on an internet message board as another excuse to whine about Devil fans.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Gonna be sitting near home plate with my family. The angle will probably be pretty low but I'm excited about the experience. Gonna be a great day! I went to the AHL Outdoor Classic in Syracuse a few years ago and it was just a grandstand, but with 21,000+ in the cold you just end up having fun with it no matter what you can see.

They're going to sell out with tickets averaging like $200 and up and there'd still be a wait list if there was such a thing for this game, I'd say just about everyone and their mother wants tickets as it is.  Of course people would want tickets at $50, they're buying them at $200-400!  

You could say the same thing about any game - no **** more people'll jump if prices are lower.  But that's not the reality - there's obviously an 'event premium' on this game.  If they're selling out at the current prices then clearly more than enough people are buying them where price isn't an issue for enough people to matter.

I just think you and the others who like to bash the fanbase are using a handful of people flip-flopping on an internet message board as another excuse to whine about Devil fans.

It is pretty easy to get tickets for this game if you want them.  They will be sold out at the prices, but it was not instant. 

My point is the main reason lots of people will be watching from home is purely economical, nothing more.

I do not enjoy knocking the Devils' fanbase, or look for reasons to do so.  The sad fact is, you do not have to look far.  This is just another example of that.  As I said earlier, this fanbase has a long way to go on many levels.

That is all.

LGD.

This is a reflection on the fan base. This should be a hot ticket among Devils fans because they were bitching and moaning about never, ever getting a outdoor game. When the Devils finally get one of these games (to the surprise of 99.9% of the fanbase) in typical Devil fan fashion, there's always issues involved. The problem is these are issues that are intrinsic to the experience and these same people who bitched and moaned and said they'd go....aren't. 

If it's purely financial based not to go, of course that's an important decision and with the prices, you can't fault people for putting bills and everyday living over a hockey game (even though they had to know this wasn't a $50 ticket based on the WC). 

CR or anyone can be a conscience all they want, but that still does not change that people in this fan base (inclusively) turned their back on something that they all clamored for.

If you start naming specific posters and bring up their past posts, then imagine the sh!tstorm that will follow when that happens here.  I purposefully didn't want to name names just for that reason alone but I do have a few names in mind.

People change their minds all the time so yes you are right about that.  However, I really can't imagine a fan base other than ours who keeps saying for years how much they want a WC and then when pretty much the only way we will get one through the SS, suddenly issues like prices, weather conditions, and the context of the game get called into question.  I really don't go on boards of other fan bases really, but just quickly looking I do not see this from the other teams.

Honestly, with all of this… so what??? Who cares if someone said "boy I'd love to see an outdoor game for the Devils! I'd be great!" four years ago and then decided not to go to it? Why does that matter so much to you? Why does it matter if someone decides that sitting in cold weather or risking poor site lines for large amounts of money isn't their cup of tea? That means they are 'turning their back' on the experience as a whole?

And you 'can't imagine a fan base other than ours who keeps saying for years how much they want a WC' would decide not to go when getting one?  I'm sure thousands of people liked the idea and 'would go in a heartbeat' but ultimately didn't go in the other cities. Does that make Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago etc etc all bad fan bases? Saying you'd like to go to a hypothetical game on a message board isn't a legally binding contract. 

You guys go on and on about Devils fans having a long way to go, as if every other fan base in the NHL flocks to all team events with their hands clasped on their laps and nary a drop of alcohol between them.  Well… all fan bases have the same kinds of people. All of them. From Boston to Miami to Anaheim to Vancouver to Montreal, all of them.  Some fans are drunken cursing morons. Some just want to enjoy some hockey. Some are eternally negative. Some are nauseatingly positive. Some go to every game. Some watch on TV. Some just check the box scores. Some ask for big ticket games and then complain when they get them. And some sit on their high horse with this narrow list of standards and practices that they want everyone else to follow because they believe that's the only way to be a 'good' fan. People shouldn't be persecuted for not attending a hockey game. 

• Like 2

Honestly, with all of this… so what??? Who cares if someone said "boy I'd love to see an outdoor game for the Devils! I'd be great!" four years ago and then decided not to go to it? Why does that matter so much to you? Why does it matter if someone decides that sitting in cold weather or risking poor site lines for large amounts of money isn't their cup of tea? That means they are 'turning their back' on the experience as a whole?

And you 'can't imagine a fan base other than ours who keeps saying for years how much they want a WC' would decide not to go when getting one?  I'm sure thousands of people liked the idea and 'would go in a heartbeat' but ultimately didn't go in the other cities. Does that make Buffalo, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Chicago etc etc all bad fan bases? Saying you'd like to go to a hypothetical game on a message board isn't a legally binding contract. 

You guys go on and on about Devils fans having a long way to go, as if every other fan base in the NHL flocks to all team events with their hands clasped on their laps and nary a drop of alcohol between them.  Well… all fan bases have the same kinds of people. All of them. From Boston to Miami to Anaheim to Vancouver to Montreal, all of them.  Some fans are drunken cursing morons. Some just want to enjoy some hockey. Some are eternally negative. Some are nauseatingly positive. Some go to every game. Some watch on TV. Some just check the box scores. Some ask for big ticket games and then complain when they get them. And some sit on their high horse with this narrow list of standards and practices that they want everyone else to follow because they believe that's the only way to be a 'good' fan. People shouldn't be persecuted for not attending a hockey game. 

And no other fan base has multiple chants about another team that they recite multiple times of every period of every home game.  No other team cries bloody murder all because "big bad Lou" isn't releasing a silly chrome jersey for the SS (If you do not believe me, scan through HFboards or FB and you will find dozens, if not hundred of postings).  No other fan base cries and moans forever about the elimination of a "tradition" that only started approx 6 years prior.

No other fan base cries and moans for years for an outdoor game and then when they get one they cry and moan about the obvious elements that goes with an outdoor game.  No one is saying they signed a binding contract but this is a fan base that can never be pleased no matter what you do. 

You and CR are trying way, way too hard to be a board conscience. As much as some of us get called out for our soap box routines, a couple of you are routinely are guilty of this as well. Why does it matter to you so much what we think? Answer that for a change.

This is our opinions and observations, just like you have yours above. You obviously don't agree and that's fine, but we're entitled to our opinions. Did we drop names? No. Did we directly talk about anyone? No. Did anyone get called any bad names? No. 

This fanbase has a ways to go. I'm not changing my opinions on this and neither is anyone else who feels this way. So don't persecute others for having a strong opinion and belief just because you don't agree, either. 

I don't agree that this is a financial thing, but threecups is entitled to think that way. I believe it's just the type of fans we have.

Edited by TheRedStorm
  • Like 1

You and CR1976 try way, way too hard to be board consciences and as much as some of us get called out for our soap box routines, you two routinely are guilty of this as well. Why does it matter to you so much what we think about it? Answer that for a change.

This is our opinions and observations, just like you have yours above. You obviously don't agree and that's fine, but we're entitled to our opinions. Did we drop names? No. Did we directly talk about anyone? No. Did anyone get called any bad names? No. 

This fanbase has a ways to go. I'm not changing my opinions on this and neither is anyone else who feels this way. So don't persecute others for having a strong opinion and belief just because you don't agree, either.

Enough with the "board conscience" crap.  We're not "trying" to be anything.      

I've said it before: less than 5% of the fanbase even knows this board exists, and a fraction of them post actively here. To make blanket statements saying our fanbase is hypocritical or can never be pleased based off of this small percentage is ridiculous.

To say you have "specific posters in mind" and then extrapolate that to reflect the whole fanbase is doing exactly what you are criticizing- your complaining about something that isn't an issue.

• Like 1

And no other fan base has multiple chants about another team that they recite multiple times of every period of every home game.  No other team cries bloody murder all because "big bad Lou" isn't releasing a silly chrome jersey for the SS (If you do not believe me, scan through HFboards or FB and you will find dozens, if not hundred of postings).  No other fan base cries and moans forever about the elimination of a "tradition" that only started approx 6 years prior.

No other fan base cries and moans for years for an outdoor game and then when they get one they cry and moan about the obvious elements that goes with an outdoor game.  No one is saying they signed a binding contract but this is a fan base that can never be pleased no matter what you do. 

"DE-troit sucks!" "Blackhawks Suck!" "Crosby sucks!" "Potvin sucks!" "Seahawks suck" "Yankees suck" off the top of my head. 

As for the outdoor game… where is this list of Devils complaints? How do you know other fan bases didn't complain? Did you go on all the Flyers sites, Chicago sites, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Calgary, etc, to see that no one decided not to go based on cold weather or site lines or expensive seats? You're basing this on nothing but your own opinion. 

As dmann422 said, you're taking a small sliver of an already small sliver of the fan base, and extrapolating it to cover the entirety of the fan base. 

"DE-troit sucks!" "Blackhawks Suck!" "Crosby sucks!" "Potvin sucks!" "Seahawks suck" "Yankees suck" off the top of my head.

As for the outdoor game… where is this list of Devils complaints? How do you know other fan bases didn't complain? Did you go on all the Flyers sites, Chicago sites, Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Calgary, etc, to see that no one decided not to go based on cold weather or site lines or expensive seats? You're basing this on nothing but your own opinion. 

As dmann422 said, you're taking a small sliver of an already small sliver of the fan base, and extrapolating it to cover the entirety of the fan base. 

Saying sucks is one thing.  Having multiple chants that are repeated multiple times a period every home game for eternity is another.  It's to the point where I hear more chants about the Rangers sucking than cheering for the Devils at this point.  I have been to Barclays, Yankee Stadium and Red Bull Stadium and do not hear close to as many cheers going after another team who is not even playing against them as the Devils fans do on a regular basis.  Not only that, but it's thousands of fans in the arena taking part of it.  Not a small sliver of fans.

Saying sucks is one thing.  Having multiple chants that are repeated multiple times a period every home game for eternity is another.  It's to the point where I hear more chants about the Rangers sucking than cheering for the Devils at this point.  I have been to Barclays, Yankee Stadium and Red Bull Stadium and do not hear close to as many cheers going after another team who is not even playing against them as the Devils fans do on a regular basis.  Not only that, but it's thousands of fans in the arena taking part of it.  Not a small sliver of fans.

The sucks part was a coincidence. Those are all chants that happen when their teams are playing other teams. Potvin sucks happens all the time at Ranger games. Flyer fans always chant about Crosby. The 49ers fans were chanting Seahawks sucks after they beat the Rams a few weeks back. But it all goes back to… so what? 

The small sliver was in regards to the 'everyone wanted an outdoor game now they don't want to go to it' thing that hardly exists. 

The sucks part was a coincidence. Those are all chants that happen when their teams are playing other teams. Potvin sucks happens all the time at Ranger games. Flyer fans always chant about Crosby. The 49ers fans were chanting Seahawks sucks after they beat the Rams a few weeks back. But it all goes back to… so what? 

The small sliver was in regards to the 'every one wanted an outdoor game now they don't want to go to it' thing that hardly exists. 

It happens to be such a issue that people are dropping tickets and even their fan loyalty to the team over it. 

It happens more then Potvin Sucks per game. It happens 2-3x a period win or lose or opponent.

A single individual at a Flyer game telling Crosby he sucks to thousands of Devils fans in unison telling Crosby he sucks at a Devils game then crying and staying home that they can't anymore because it's "tradition"?

You really haven't answered your own question, DD. So what? Why does it matter to you so much what we think of the fanbase and what our opinion is of it? If you say because we're not dropping names and only relying on a message board you're wrong. Very wrong.

Edited by TheRedStorm

It happens to be such a issue that people are dropping tickets and even their fan loyalty to the team over it. 

It happens more then Potvin Sucks per game. It happens 2-3x a period win or lose or opponent.

Now you're comparing a single individual at a Flyer game telling Crosby he sucks to thousands of Devils fans in unison telling Crosby he sucks at a Devils game then crying and staying home that they can't anymore because it's "tradition".

You really haven't answered your own question, DD. So what? Why does it matter to you so much what we think of the fanbase and what our opinion is of it. If you say because we're not dropping names and only relying on a message board you're wrong. Very wrong.

HAHAHAHAHA Dropping tickets and fan loyalty over chants?? Just stop it already. It's a chant. Who cares. You hardly even notice it if you aren't listening for it. 

And no, the whole arena chants Crosby sucks in Philly. I don't know if their ticket sales have dropped because of it, though.  :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter a damn to me other than I have to read it in every single thread because you guys can't accept that we can't force 20,000 people to be nice to everyone every night. As for the last line there, what are you talking about? Where are these droves of fans who demanded the stadium game and are now refusing to go? Some people on HF and Facebook? Are they bad fans?

HAHAHAHAHA Dropping tickets and fan loyalty over chants?? Just stop it already. It's a chant. Who cares. You hardly even notice it if you aren't listening for it. 

And no, the whole arena chants Crosby sucks in Philly. I don't know if their ticket sales have dropped because of it, though.  :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter a damn to me other than I have to read it in every single thread because you guys can't accept that we can't force 20,000 people to be nice to everyone every night. As for the last line there, what are you talking about? Where are these droves of fans who demanded the stadium game and are now refusing to go? Some people on HF and Facebook? Are they bad fans?

Months ago, when this song/chant mess started, "fans" on HF and facebook posted comments in various topics and said this very thing. If you didn't see the asinine comments that were posted on there at the time then ok, but I believe it was mentioned on here as well. Were they serious or just hollow threats? Who knows, but the same "fans" you love to defend in unison that can do no wrong really showed their colors on that one. 

For someone that doesn't give a damn you certainly speak otherwise. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

Hey guys I was wondering what you're doing for jerseys for this game. Are you buying the retros at the devils den and getting the patch sewn on? Not sure where I want to buy my jersey and get it customized. Also, if I have a CCM classics jersey from a few years back, is that the same one they are wearing at the game? Is there a difference between the two?

Thanks!

Edited by NJDEVS1730

Hey guys I was wondering what you're doing for jerseys for this game. Are you buying the retros at the devils den and getting the patch sewn on? Not sure where I want to buy my jersey and get it customized. Also, if I have a CCM classics jersey from a few years back, is that the same one they are wearing at the game? Is there a difference between the two?

Thanks!

It's the CCM team classics that they are selling. Same exact as they did three years ago.

Best part is every time I have been to the Den the employees seem like they could give two sh!ts about the Devils. At the least the NHL store in NYC they either are into hockey or act like they are.

I've gotten that impression too. Its just a job for those people.