Stadium Series: Are you going?   

94 members have voted

1. 1. Stadium Series: Are you going?

• Yes, I purchased a ticket(s)
    • Yes, I received tickets for free or they included with my season tickets
    • No, tickets are too expensive
    • No, sight-lines at Yankee stadium are poor, TV will be better
    • No (other)

Where'd you hear that? I thought this sold out weeks ago.

There is a rumor going around that the NHL sent out a memo stating for the devils game to expect possibly up to 8000 empty seats and for the islanders game expect up to 16000 empty seats. Doesn't mean unsold just no-shows.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility given the amount of tickets available on stubhub along with other secondary market sites and what the devils held back to sell season tickets with.

if those figures are true we're not seeing a stadium series here for a long long time.

16k empties for the Isles game would be a disaster

Another reason why I am going lol. Devils will never ever be in a winter classic and I doubt after this they would do another stadium series game with the devils in it for a very long time.

This is what they get for having two games in a week, the second of them on a weeknight and the first of them not exactly in the 'home' team's area.

Another reason why I am going lol. Devils will never ever be in a winter classic and I doubt after this they would do another stadium series game with the devils in it for a very long time.

Good point...I've sort of been vacilating on going for a long time but between that, the event itself and the semi-mild weather expected (low 30's but no snow) I'm dragging myself to go.

if those figures are true we're not seeing a stadium series here for a long long time.

If you have 4000 empties in Yankee Stadium, that's respectable enough.

Just for comparison sake, I took a look on Stubhub at the LA/Ana game, and there are about 1500 fewer tix available, although the cheapest start at about the same as Devils Rangers. (As of now, there are something like 4500 tix available on Stubhub for Devils Rangers starting at $120).

Even though it's not until March 1, the number available and prices for the Pens Hawks game are basically the same as Devils Rangers.

The Isles/Ranger game might not be pretty. Something like 8000 tix available on Stubhub with the cheapest being $60.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never bought or sold on StubHub, or even on TicketExchange for that matter, so I don't know all the ins and outs like some of you guys do. However, I know some of my fellow STH's put tickets on the Exchange, and then if they don't sell, they just go ahead and come to the game. Of course I realize if there are thousands of tickets available, not all of those are individuals, and not all of them are going to come if the tickets don't sell. But at least some of them will, don't you think? Probably not a big percentage, though....

I've never bought or sold on StubHub, or even on TicketExchange for that matter, so I don't know all the ins and outs like some of you guys do. However, I know some of my fellow STH's put tickets on the Exchange, and then if they don't sell, they just go ahead and come to the game. Of course I realize if there are thousands of tickets available, not all of those are individuals, and not all of them are going to come if the tickets don't sell. But at least some of them will, don't you think? Probably not a big percentage, though....

It's all about price and location and number of tickets.  Tickets in multiples of 2 and 4 sell best and honestly unless you have an un-matched view, then price is going to be the main deciding factor.

You are also better off putting them on Stubhub as I think more people have eyes on that site than TM's TicketExchange.

But I hear that they are more concerned about the empty seats for the Devils game because that is in daylight and the TV will show empty seats vs darkness at night game for Isles. I think all the tickets are sold but I am talking about fans in seats at stadium. Example the Devils bought seats so the tickets are sold will they get re-sold is the question.

Edited by LucifersDog