GDT - 12/23 Devils at Blackhawks

Mike Brown

Again, since you ignored it last time. He's supposed to be one of the best in the league right? Had no problem playing Western power teams as a backup in Vancouver. So what's changed? The fact the Devils aren't as good 1-20 as Vancouver, CS is just a bit overrated, or the Devils have mind f'd him......

I think it might be some mindfvcking for sure. When he has a great game, he sits for a week. I think he has no confidence in his team and himself right now either. He's regularly taking the blame for games where the team is outshot by a wide margin or gets no goals. It's got to be frustrating.

Schneider gave up some bad goals but he is the last guy I'm going to take issue with tonight. When your team gets outshot 37-12 by one of the best teams in the league, things aren't going to go well.

As others have said, playing him once a week against tougher competition isn't doing him any favors to get into a rhythm and it seems like the team always plays like sh!t for him.

coming jnto tonight he had a 2.08 gaa and .915 sv percentage, good for something like top 7 in the league. But sure he's overrated, it has nothing to do with the fact that the team plays like crap in front of him.

It's not all the team all the time. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry. 

This argument about what teams he's playing? He played West power teams as a backup, too. If we're going to use that angle then fans definitely have to drop the pom poms and admit the team is terrible and he's getting ruined and keep believing he's as good as advertised.

Edited by TheRedStorm

I never felt easy bout the trade for Schneider now I'm certain: We gave up a promising pick for a trumped up backup who in two years' time will have not helped this franchise and will likely call Pittsburgh home.

Lol you were also the guy who told me for sure that the Devils wouldn't have scored for him the way they scored for Marty the last game so it shows how bright you are. His SV% going into tonight was .915 with the Devils arena not counting shots competently and playing against the better teams. I'll keep him 

It's not all the team all the time, watch the games. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry.

how can you say his game has gone south? I just posted the numbers... How can you say he has played badly?

Only three regular starters have a better gaa average in the league, and each of them has at least 18 wins (harding, rask, bishop). That right there is enough for any logical person to conclude Schneider does enough to win games but his teammates don't.

How can you complain about shootout performances when we've only scored one shootout goal in over 20 attempts?

Edited by dmann422

It's not all the team all the time, watch the games. Was it the team when he got torched in the SO? Was it the team when he can't stop a breakaway? Is it the team when he didn't get off the post quick enough vs Anaheim. And the two marshmallows tonight. He's been his own enemy, too. As i said, he's either overrated or this team has mind f'd him so badly his game has gone south in a hurry. 

Shootouts tell us nothing about goalies.  They're a complete crapshoot.  Fleury is a beast at shootouts.  Is he a top goalie in the league?  Breakaways are crapshoots too.  Breakways happen because of defensive breakdowns.  So yes the team usually causes those.

And no, I will not pick one, because neither are true.

This argument about what teams he's playing doesn't hold water. He played West power teams as a backup, too. If we're going to use that angle then you have to admit the team is terrible and he's getting ruined. 

Shootout was bad. But again, what practice does he get? I'm still not sure the Devils even practice shootouts/breakaways, but if they did, you know it's not helping him because our guys SUCK at them. The Anaheim goal would've been an easy pad save if Merrill doesn't deflect it up and over his pads. You are talking out of your ass and just because you only presented two explanations, doesn't mean they're the only ones. This board is freakin' unreal sometimes. The guys numbers should be so much better it's not even funny. The team has just flat out sucked in front of him more often than not.

Shootout was bad. But again, what practice does he get? I'm still not sure the Devils even practice shootouts/breakaways, but if they did, you know it's not helping him because our guys SUCK at them. The Anaheim goal would've been an easy pad save if Merrill doesn't deflect it up and over his pads. You are talking out of your ass and just because you only presented two explanations, doesn't mean they're the only ones. This board is freakin' unreal sometimes. The guys numbers should be so much better it's not even funny. The team has just flat out sucked in front of him more often than not.

What the hell does the Devils shooters have to do with CS stopping the puck in the SO? When you get beat like a rented mule three straight times, does it matter?

CS was a tad late getting off the post in OT.I'm not the only one who said this. otherwise the deflection doesn't go in. 

I'm talking out my ass but you're telling me he gets beat three straight times CLEAN in the SO and it's the Devils shooters fault. Alright!

how can you say his game has gone south? I just posted the numbers... How can you say he has played badly?

Only three regular starters have a better gaa average in the league, and each of them has at least 18 wins (harding, rask, bishop). That right there is enough for any logical person to conclude Schneider does enough to win games but his teammates don't.

How can you complain about shootout performances when we've only scored one shootout goal in over 20 attempts?

The CS you've seen lately is not the goaltender as advertised. There's something off about his game. A great mind F job by his teammates and coach?

BTW...his save % is Dec is .878. That was before tonight. now, it's lower. He's given up 3 or more goals each game he's played. 

Edited by TheRedStorm

The Blackhawks spent the better part of about 2/3rds of the game in our zone but let's fvcking throw the goalie on a pedestal. It's so easy to sit here and cry about the two sh!tty goals he let in while ignoring some of the unreal saves he made. It's completely irrelevant anyway, when you get 12 shots against the Blackhawks in Chicago it's going to be a long night. Don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

The Blackhawks spent the better part of about 2/3rds of the game in our zone but let's fvcking throw the goalie on a pedestal. It's so easy to sit here and cry about the two sh!tty goals he let in while ignoring some of the unreal saves he made. It's completely irrelevant anyway, when you get 12 shots against the Blackhawks in Chicago it's going to be a long night. Don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

You do realize when you say "pedestal" that's the opposite of badmouthing him.

Also, that's the third time I've listened to the announcers talk about the Devils almost tying/setting a new record for lowest amount of shots in a game THIS SEASON. That is awful. 

Edited by PWW

fvcking keep Cory fresh for fvcks sake, what the fvck does he have to do to get two starts in a row

Play better?  He's been a freaking trainwreck this month.  Tri keeps pointing out how he gets the tougher starts, maybe that isn't such a good thing at this point considering he has 4 wins in 17 games.  He looked totally shot confidence-wise tonight.

They need to give him a step down in weight class for a while.

The Hawks are the defending Cup Champs and IMHO the best team in the league. If they acquire a top goaltender, they will be unbeatable. The Devils have neither the speed or the skill to beat them. The games to be upset about the games in the conference and obviously more so in the Metro. The out of town scoreboard is gonna be big, especially with 3 pt games.

They just need to get in and go on a roll because this team is tough to play in a series, it just isn't fun hockey for the opposing teams.

Let's hope Clowe can come in a be productive.

Edited by hystyk28

So?? As i said he got tougher starts with vancouver.

Play better? He's been a freaking trainwreck this month. Tri keeps pointing out how he gets the tougher starts, maybe that isn't such a good thing at this point considering he has 4 wins in 17 games. He looked totally shot confidence-wise tonight.

They need to give him a step down in weight class for a while.

Play Schneider on Friday and Saturday.  Like I said, give him an opportunity to actually gain some confidence.

The Devils aren't twenty points in front, they can't afford to play around to try to give one guy some confidence.  Especially when it looks like the team would rather play for the other guy (our three most dead-*** performances have come with Cory in net - LA, Detroit and tonight).