NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

No doubt they'll be looking to replace those guys with cheaper rookies and retreads.  What will help is that they're going to have 9 million in dead money come off this year's cap when they have to worry about these extensions kick in, which will help pay for, at least, Thomas.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 for Russel is the word. They can sign all four, including Lynch. But it will come at the cost of possibly Aviril, Malcolm Smith etc.

Nice that Wilson is getting divorced right before he hits the jackpot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some surprises... Bortles to Jacksonville, Bills trading up for Watkins, Browns moving up a spot (after trading down in the Bills trade) to get Gilbert when most figured it would be Manziel or Lewan. Fun stuff so far.

Vikings just took Barr. Things could get really weird with Manziel if the Titans don't take him at 11.

Some surprises... Bortles to Jacksonville, Bills trading up for Watkins, Browns moving up a spot (after trading down in the Bills trade) to get Gilbert when most figured it would be Manziel or Lewan. Fun stuff so far.

Vikings just took Barr. Things could get really weird with Manziel if the Titans don't take him at 11.

I don't think the Titans take him.  Locker was actually halfway decent this year when healthy and probably deserves another chance.

And now the Lions take the big TE lol...well they can get a pinball offense going at least - if Stafford gets his head out of his butt.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Interesting to see if some team before Cleveland's next pick trades with Houston so Houston can nab Manziel.

I'm praying that happens...god help us if he's there and either we take him (rendering $5 million on Vick and a second-rounder last year all but wasted), or we don't and get ripped to the high heavens for it.

And it's better than 50-50 now.  The only teams left that 'might' take a QB are the Rams and Dallas, and in Dallas's case it's only cause of Jerry being star-struck (and possibly Romo's back issues).  Plus the Rams said it was Bradford's team, they'd have to do a 180 on that.

I'm praying that happens...god help us if he's there and either we take him (rendering $5 million on Vick and a second-rounder last year all but wasted), or we don't and get ripped to the high heavens for it.

And it's better than 50-50 now. The only teams left that 'might' take a QB are the Rams and Dallas, and in Dallas's case it's only cause of Jerry being star-struck (and possibly Romo's back issues). Plus the Rams said it was Bradford's team, they'd have to do a 180 on that.

Yeah, but how hot is Lewan's mom?

Edited by Daniel

Well good for Manziel. seems like 1/2 of this broadcast was Manziel sitting, clapping for his teammates, or drinking water

Now maybe Marqise Lee to philly?

Cooks to New Orleans. He's going to be amazing in N.O. Jets may regret this

Well good for Manziel. seems like 1/2 of this broadcast was Manziel sitting, clapping for his teammates, or drinking water

Now maybe Marqise Lee to philly?

Cooks to New Orleans. He's going to be amazing in N.O. Jets may regret this

Yeah of course it had to be the Saints drafting him too.  

People can say Rex is still running the draft but honestly Idzik probably doesn't put a high value on WR's anyway (look at Seattle's homegrown guys last year, just Golden Tate and a bunch of #4's)

Bridgewater was a nice get by Minnesota. I think he's become a victim of people overrating pro days versus game tape and focusing on the things he can't do (no rocket arm, not 6'5" like Bortles) rather than what he can do (accurate passer, reads defenses well, mentally strong, very calm in the pocket).

Edited by nmigliore

Bridgewater was a nice get by Minnesota. I think he's become a victim of people overrating pro days versus game tape and focusing on the things he can't do (no rocket arm, not 6'5" like Bortles) rather than what he can do (accurate passer, reads defenses well, mentally strong, very calm in the pocket).

Definitely. The way he played against Rutgers in 2012 for the Big East title ON ONE LEG was incredible. He's a gamer. Great value for Minny

Kind of like an Adrian Foster ego pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good comparison.

The guy has torn ACLs in BOTH knees already.  A lot of articles about how BB seems like he's trying to outsmart himself with this one. 

Holy mackeral

Ben Volin @BenVolin 3m

Speak of the devil... RT @MaryKayCabot Within 1 hour of end of 1st round, Browns sold more than 1,000 season tickets. Calls still pouring in

They realize he might not start next season, right?

I mean, I still think Cleveland will be a decent to good team if they can get someone with a pulse on the opposite side of Josh Gordon and if they can invest in enough Duct Tape to keep Ben Tate in one piece, but still...