NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top ten RB, TE, Wr Corps and RG3 is 100% with a offensive coach, upgraded secondary. Go all d in draft. Dallas and Philly can't play d. Redskins should make the playoffs..

Scoring was NOT an issue with the Washington Offense, their Defense killed them last year.    Giants and Phily have a better chance in the playoffs than Washington.

Upgraded that defense secondary a bit they did, pick defense in the draft they'll be fine, IMO, that division is between them and NY.

Scoring was NOT an issue with the Washington Offense, their Defense killed them last year. Giants and Phily have a better chance in the playoffs than Washington.

If Daniels is healthy he can spell Pitta.   That mean we probably aren't re-signing Ed Dickson.

If we just improve our O-Line and I think that is what Ozzie is going to do with all our supplemental picks we will be in good shape next year.

I love how it's ok to call Riley Cooper "a  racist" because he made some drunken comment...but NO NO NO NO NO we can't label a black athlete becuase of his associations.....I'm sick of the damned double-standard

Saying something racist and having friends associated with a group are two distinctly different things.

Yeah I'm aware.....there's no crime MORE SEVERE EVER, then saying mean words about people that make them cry..... :doh1::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Saying something racist and having friends associated with a group are two distinctly different things.

I think everyone is scared that they're going to have an Aaron Hernandez on their team, who, all you could say at one point had unsavory friends.

But in the end, I'm playing the world's smallest violin for Jackson. He quickly got a new job with a new team for more money I think. Or whatever it is it's more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think everyone is scared that they're going to have an Aaron Hernandez on their team, who, all you could say at one point had unsavory friends.

But in the end, I'm playing the world's smallest violin for Jackson. He quickly got a new job with a new team for more money I think. Or whatever it is it's more money than most of us will see in a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No argument from me, but Hernadez had a really bad rep BEFORE getting drafted.    He dropped so low in the draft that NE took a risk.

I have no sympathy for Jackson either, but Big Money brings its own problems.   A good agent would have to intervene or at least keep him active and away from the blood suckers and thug elements.

Daniel, on 28 Mar 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:Daniel, on 28 Mar 2014 - 9:12 PM, said:

The Texans do have more talent in place than your typical number 1 drafting team. Excellent receivers, good running back if he's healthy, decent o-line, some good pieces on defense. Watt and Clowney on the d-line. That's scary.

Who's going to throw these "excellent" receivers the ball? Ryan Fitzpatrick? I also would not rate their entire receiving corps excellent. They have Andre Johnson. and that's about it. The rest are almost entirely unproven and half of them have only 1 year of experience. I agree about Foster, but his health is a real concern. The one thing they have going for them is their defense, but with a new coaching staff/system and no QB, its going to be a long year in Houston again.

I agree with you that they're not complete sh!t, but their problems are numerous on offense IMO.

Edited by ghdi

CarterforPresident, on 28 Mar 2014 - 10:08 PM, said:

Bridgwater would excel in Houston system. And someone like Macarron or whatever his name is, is one of the best. IMO. Bottles, is real good, Carr, Macarron are all good. Manziel is good, but not worth the first.

Houston's system? They have an entirely new coaching staff and the previous system doesn't matter. AJ McCarron is likely not even going to be drafted until the mid to late rounds and is not expected to be a successful NFL QB.  This year's crop of QBs almost none of them are worth using a first on. Derek Carr is intriguing, but is not coming from a school that runs a pro-style offense which sets his learning curve much higher than someone like Bridgewater, who did, but is not worth the #1 pick.

If I'm Houston, I take Clowney or trade the pick. I think 5 years from now, this is seen as one of the weakest QB classes of the last 10 years.

Who's going to throw these "excellent" receivers the ball? Ryan Fitzpatrick? I also would not rate their entire receiving corps excellent. They have Andre Johnson. and that's about it. The rest are almost entirely unproven and half of them have only 1 year of experience. I agree about Foster, but his health is a real concern. The one thing they have going for them is their defense, but with a new coaching staff/system and no QB, its going to be a long year in Houston again.

I agree with you that they're not complete sh!t, but their problems are numerous on offense IMO.

Hopkins should get better. And Fitzpatrick is one of those good enough kind of guys that can do all right under the right circumstances. Kind of like Jay Fiedler, who undeservedly got a bad rap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel, on 10 Apr 2014 - 7:58 PM, said:

Hopkins should get better. And Fitzpatrick is one of those good enough kind of guys that can do all right under the right circumstances. Kind of like Jay Fiedler, who undeservedly got a bad rap.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is dogsh!t. Last season, he only played b/c Locker was hurt. He's a backup and nothing more. He's played 84 games in his career and has over 90 INTs. Hell, he accounted for 20 TOs in 11 games just this past season (Fumbles and INTs). The right circumstance? Backing up someone where he's never needed to start. Houston is not the right circumstance for him, espc considering the question marks about Foster's health.

Clowney is a huge question mark. And AJ has the potential as does Mettenburger to be the sleepers, and don't leave out Hopkins for Houston. And by their system, I ment a passing system, mainly pointing to not taking Manziel.

The only question mark about Clowney is his work ethic, but considering 99% of virtually every analyst out there say hes far and away the best prospect in this draft says a lot. And usually, when there's this much agreement among those folks, they're more often right. I think judging him on this past season is unfair to him. He was playing not to get hurt so he could be in the position he is now. Pair him up with JJ Watt and that is potentially the best DE tandem in the league immediately. This draft is not strong though. IMO the 3 best prospects are Clowney, Sammy Watkins, and Khalil Mack.

Bortles is probably the best fit for Houston if they went QB, but he's not worth the #1. I think Manziel is going to bust hard and doesn't even need to be in this discussion. They're not going to take him.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is dogsh!t. Last season, he only played b/c Locker was hurt. He's a backup and nothing more. He's played 84 games in his career and has over 90 INTs. Hell, he accounted for 20 TOs in 11 games just this past season (Fumbles and INTs). The right circumstance? Backing up someone where he's never needed to start. Houston is not the right circumstance for him, espc considering the question marks about Foster's health.

Fitzpatrick could be a very, very good QB with the right team.   I actually think that the Titans made a HUGE mistake in dropping him.

He made them competitive when he took over.   He should back-up and learn a system first and then slowly take over a team.   The Rams would be perfect for him.