NFL Off Season 2014 - Coaches, Caps, and Combines OH MY!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and (EDIT:are expected to) ship Matt Schaub to the Raiders.

Strangely enough I like this move for both teams.  It probably signals another down year for Houston and that Houston is likely to choose a QB with the #1 overall pick, but it's a good long-term move that will solve some of their QB woes assuming they draft well.  And Schaub is the best QB on the Raiders roster by default, and it apparently will be a late round pick too, so win there.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Texans sign Ryan Fitzpatrick and (EDIT:are expected to) ship Matt Schaub to the Raiders.

Strangely enough I like this move for both teams.  It probably signals another down year for Houston and that Houston is likely to choose a QB with the #1 overall pick, but it's a good long-term move that will solve some of their QB woes assuming they draft well.  And Schaub is the best QB on the Raiders roster by default, and it apparently will be a late round pick too, so win there.

Fitzpatrick can actually have himself a nice career being a stopgap/hold the fort/transition guy from here on out, playing for losing teams around the league.  It's not glamorous, but it's still work in the NFL, and let's face it, teams need guys like Fitzpatrick who, though not very good, can at least give you a passable performance until you can either upgrade the QB position, or give your future QB a year or two to learn before throwing him to the wolves or allowing him to get pummeled behind a bad offensive line, David Carr-style. 

The NFL banned goalpost dunking today...which I find stale and unoriginal but has a lot of fans up in arms (same ol "no fun league" remember the NFL at one point banned endzone dances entirely) But I can sort of see the reason since these guys dunking the ball are so damn big that they sometimes bend the damn uprights.

Also it looks like the NFL will vote to extend the goalposts and extra 5 feet (taller) Nowadays kickers have such powerful legs that they regularly kick the ball over the posts which can create some dicey judgment calls by referees. This is aiming to remedy some of that

Wilfork re-structured...three-year deal with only the first year guaranteed.  Not that surprised...the longer "nothing" seemed to be happening, as far as him getting released went, the more likely it seemed that he was staying.  Hope he can still be Wilfork on the field next season...his age, body type, and last year's injury are all pretty major red flags. 

Houston picking a qb? All signs, have and seem to point to they won't. Pick one in the second, and use a first on a player worth it.

They need to trade the pick. IMO there's not one QB this year worth taking in the top 10. Manziel needs a system built around him. Bridgewater is overrated and Ive not seen enough of Bortles to judge him. Then there's guys like Derek Carr (David's brother). I actually think Mettenberger may end up being the best of the lot and he prob wont go til late 1st at the earliest and would prob be ahead of at least 2 of the top 3 if he hadn't of gotten hurt.

They need to trade the pick. IMO there's not one QB this year worth taking in the top 10. Manziel needs a system built around him. Bridgewater is overrated and Ive not seen enough of Bortles to judge him. Then there's guys like Derek Carr (David's brother). I actually think Mettenberger may end up being the best of the lot and he prob wont go til late 1st at the earliest and would prob be ahead of at least 2 of the top 3 if he hadn't of gotten hurt.

The Texans do have more talent in place than your typical number 1 drafting team. Excellent receivers, good running back if he's healthy, decent o-line, some good pieces on defense. Watt and Clowney on the d-line. That's scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bridgwater would excel in Houston system. And someone like Macarron or whatever his name is, is one of the best. IMO. Bottles, is real good, Carr, Macarron are all good. Manziel is good, but not worth the first.

The Texans do have more talent in place than your typical number 1 drafting team. Excellent receivers, good running back if he's healthy, decent o-line, some good pieces on defense. Watt and Clowney on the d-line. That's scary.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a big-time guaranteed deal for DeSean.  For Washington's sake he better put up 80/1300/6+ every year of that high guaranteed money is gonna hurt them badly.

On another note, Giants fans everywhere just did a /facedesk realizing that they have to see him twice per year again.