Gelinas to be sent to AHL when Volchenkov returns.

DevilMinder

About time I think. He needs a break.

And I'd prefer he be sent down and spend some time playing some 'practice' games, rather than being a healthy scratch and sitting up in the box.

It's just a shame Volch is his replacement.. Talk about an opposite type of player.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sent down is better than scratched, but they need to make a trade and get him back, especially when Larsson is healthy and they can put them together again.

This will be good for Gelinas.. I fully support the move and think he needs some time in the A.. He's looked pretty bad recently and I don't expect a rookie to just figure it out against the best in the world.. It's like sending a hitter in baseball down to build his confidence and get him back to form.. The team will survive without Eric

We need to ship Volchenkov out. Of the defensemen to be sent down for him, yes, I guess Gelly is the right choice, but a promising young defensemen shouldn't be sent down to bring back a progress stopper. Trade him for a bag of pucks as you did Tallinder, Lou.

We need to ship Volchenkov out. Of the defensemen to be sent down for him, yes, I guess Gelly is the right choice, but a promising young defensemen shouldn't be sent down to bring back a progress stopper. Trade him for a bag of pucks as you did Tallinder, Lou.

i dont think volch is as bad or useless as everyone tried to make him out to be.. he plays a hard hitting physical defensive role which is what this team needs
  • Like 1

i dont think volch is as bad or useless as everyone tried to make him out to be.. he plays a hard hitting physical defensive role which is what this team needs

I agree with the first part, we don't need to send him out because his play is atrocious, but we need to send him out, because of our defensemen, he's the least important going forward and our young guys need to develop and learn the Devils way

I think this will help him. I just hate how they keep volch and salvador and give them so much time eventhough they dont bring what we need.

Fayne has also been playing well defensively and id hate to see him leave after the season cause hes sick of that bullsh!t.

We cant start next season with those 2 and we shouldnt have started this one either.

I really don't know what there is for him to learn down there.   He is what he is, he'll dominate there offensively and play meh D against worse players as opposed to dodgy D against better players.

This is something that should be worked on at this level, but they have too many freaking players and it forces moves.

I really don't know what there is for him to learn down there. He is what he is, he'll dominate there offensively and play meh D against worse players as opposed to dodgy D against better players.

This is something that should be worked on at this level, but they have too many freaking players and it forces moves.

100% agree.

We seem to keep taking players out of their learning curve right at the crucial point where they can actually learn something.

Very frustrating.

are they trying to protect his trade value, do not get.

too many wtf decisions and not enough winning.

someone else referred to rearranging deck chairs on the titanic.

edit: debo destroyed another rookie.

Edited by lazer