GDT: Devils @ Buffalo 1-4-14

thelastonealive

I'm not saying it's why we lost, but the refs really fvcked up this game. Only giving Tyler Myers 2 for that brutal hit to the head AND washing out a goal as an added favor to them, then calling Zubrus for 2 for a light shove with Myers flopping down to the ice like a fish? Give me a break. Devils should have done more to secure a victory against a bad team but the officiating still really pissed me off.

Another Schneider start, another 2 GA, another loss. Come on, Devils.

Can change the coach tommorow, but can't change the talent and leadership. This one is on the players, not the coach. As much as i wouldn't mind Pete on the unemployment line, this one isn't on him. A coach can prepare players so much then it's up to the players to be prepared and they played down to an opponent. Well, pretty soon, the Devils can look forward to opponents playing down to them.

I'm not saying it's why we lost, but the refs really fvcked up this game. Only giving Tyler Myers 2 for that brutal hit to the head AND washing out a goal as an added favor to them, then calling Zubrus for 2 for a light shove with Myers flopping down to the ice like a fish? Give me a break. Devils should have done more to secure a victory against a bad team but the officiating still really pissed me off.

Sabres got away with murder in this one.

I can't believe Zubrus was called. It was a stupid play to go after Myers, but come on. Myers is such a punk - a trait a lot of the Sabres seem to share.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

So maybe Lou would like to move one of the 750 defensemen we have and get someone who can score a goal or two. Batsh!t crazy thought, I know- but hey, YOLO.

Which defenseman do you trade and for what? We either have defensemen where we would kill Lou for trading or one where we would get nothing of significance in return.

Not sure what was scarier...the ref incompetence or the really big fvcking wolf spider that just crawled across my floor.  Bleech.

Which defenseman do you trade and for what? We either have defensemen where we would kill Lou for trading or one where we would get nothing of significance in return.

I don't know, I was more or less venting. That was a frustration post. :P

Not sure what was scarier...the ref incompetence or the really big fvcking wolf spider that just crawled across my floor. Bleech.

Take your frustration about the Devils out on the spider. Boom, problem solved. :P

Haha I know and I think that way too but then I ask myself the question I asked you and usually that makes me feel confused and worried.

Also lol at Facebook blowing up over this game too with most stating that we would have won this game if Gelinas was in the lineup.

Take your frustration about the Devils out on the spider. Boom, problem solved. :P

I vacuum them up.  They're friggin' HUGE...squashing them makes a hell of a mess.

I kind of expected them to lose tonight, for some reason.  I'm more annoyed that they can't score for Cory than anything else.  That got old a long time ago.

I don't understand Zubrus' penalty being only 2 minute for check to the head? What's the criteria on that being only 2 min? Do we need a stretcher?

I think the joke that is the officiating of the NHL has shown that penalty severity depends on the extent of the injury caused. If Zubrus stays down, gets helped off and goes to the locker room, I bet that's a major.

zid led in toi; sh!tlicky show if you ask me but he wasnt on for any goals cause merrill is amazing and you dont have two offensive defensmen as a pair.

are there offensive minded goaltenders too hah ugh; took a 5 on 3 to get a goal. 

sislo was good well see if/when the adrenaline wears off

I vacuum them up. They're friggin' HUGE...squashing them makes a hell of a mess.

I kind of expected them to lose tonight, for some reason. I'm more annoyed that they can't score for Cory than anything else. That got old a long time ago.

I kind of expected them to lose tonight too. My reason for thinking that is that they'd get themselves so amped up for the defending champs, they'd come out flat against the worst team in the league the next night. Unfortunately, I was right.

So maybe Lou would like to move one of the 750 defensemen we have and get someone who can score a goal or two. Batsh!t crazy thought, I know- but hey, YOLO.

Volchenkov, Fayne, Salvador, Harrold aren't bringing back anything. As a matter of fact, ridding themselves of these pylons is addition by subtraction alone. What the Devils need in talent can only be obtained by a high pick or an FA signing. They do not have enough value to trade unless you're going to dump Boucher, Merrill, Gelinas, Henrique and even Larsson....which is silly to do. Top level FA's rarely reach the market and they certainly won't become Devils, not if the kovalchuk saga jaded Lou enough, too.

Maybe holding an auction come March should Jagr continue to play well. Maybe auction Zid too. These are players cup contenders covet and maybe not 1st round pick covet, but you're only getting that for certain players, anyway. Other then that, unless you're dumping for the sake of dumping then sell off Bernier, Carter for picks too. 

It's up to Lou. After watching tonight, they should be sellers. They showed their true colors. This wasn't just a bad game it was a statement.

Also lol at Facebook blowing up over this game too with most stating that we would have won this game if Gelinas was in the lineup.

Ugh the Facebook group is the absolute worst, I unsubscribed almost immediately after the Urbom "fiasco". Just a complete lack of understanding - this sounds completely douchy and condescending, I know, but the Facebook representation of our fanbase is incredibly stupid.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Ugh the Facebook group is the absolute worst, I unsubscribed almost immediately after the Urbom "fiasco". Just a complete lack of understanding - this sounds completely douchy and condescending, I know, but the Facebook representation of our fanbase is incredibly stupid. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

LOL, this is the same representation in which people threatened to drop their tickets and stop supporting the team over the goal song/chant. 

fvcking pathetic. Shake this lackluster lineup up. Hey Schneider- you want to play? Beat the fvcking Sabres.

It's amazing how you can call out so many people for saying dumb sh!t in frustration, and you can say something even dumber. 

Schneider needs to get the next game. Forget wins and losses. It's meaningless with the goalies. The Sabres scored two goals that the Devils never ever get. Very annoying.

For all the flack Lou gets for different things, it's all peanuts compared to the Clowe signing. He is brutal. And it's only year 1 of 5. There is no need for any Clarkson jokes when his replacement is worse.

Tonight just sucked, and it was a reminder how ugly this offense can be with the added presence of Salvador and Volch back there.  You knew Jagr was not going to continue at his pace, and there is really no one that is stepping up to replace his production. I suppose Ryder is, but this team needs everyone clicking to have a chance.

One or two more games like this and Gelinas might get called up anyway. I wouldn't be shocked if we see Larsson back next game either.

I didn't see the game but how in god's name does Salvador end up with 20 minutes and only 8 shot attempts for both teams at 5 on 5?  And this isn't even a game scored by the NJ scorer.

Because this is the Sabres, one of the few teams that on paper should be worse than us offensively?  Pathetic we can only muster two goals in 125 minutes against a team that routinely gives up 35+ shot nights.

The pk let us down tonight.  How do they leave a guy wide open like that both times to cash in on the rebounds?  

The next three games are going to be pretty tough.  But all three are winnable.  They should have won tonight.  But Buffalo has one of the best goalies in the league, and they're pretty solid defensively.  The only reason they have their awful record is because they don't score goals.  The Devils have a below average offense.  But Buffalo almost has a non-existent offense.

No, we must hoard all the defensemen till the end of time!  And then play the old farts anyway.

I kind of expected them to lose tonight too. My reason for thinking that is that they'd get themselves so amped up for the defending champs, they'd come out flat against the worst team in the league the next night. Unfortunately, I was right.

My reason for thinking they'd lose was Schnieder was in net and they wouldn't score again :P