All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

Czech's home jerseys are best of the bunch imo

I can't tell which are Home and which are away... They both have the same color scheme. How is any team with white jerseys going to play them? Is there another jersey not shown that is dominantly red? Edited by dmann422

Yeah I don't envy yzerman or hockey canada they're damned if they do and damned if they don't in just about every player... Yes their b squad is a gold medal favorite. The only guy I think they made a mistake on was Nash, IMO St. Louis was a better option.

And I kind of like the Swiss and Sweden jerseys (you can't even call them sweaters lol) but other than that they're pretty bad.

We may not like the Rangers but Nash can be a pretty useful player, in 2010 Nash was more in a power forward role and i expect the same this year. He's big, fast, can score, he's strong, can pass, forecheck, hit, has good hands and can score in SO. You need that kind of player

We may not like the Rangers but Nash can be a pretty useful player, in 2010 Nash was more in a power forward role and i expect the same this year. He's big, fast, can score, he's strong, can pass, forecheck, hit, has good hands and can score in SO. You need that kind of player

if you want a power forward IMO Thornton or lucic are much better at that role. And Nash on this team might be the 8th or 9th option in the shootout.

I agree though that he was probably a compromise in they wanted a big body who's more than just a power forward, but IMO he's not the best option, ranger hate aside.

Marty St. Louis / Tyler Seguin / Claude Giroux / Eric Staal / Jordan Stall / Taylor Hall / Marc Staal / Brent Seabrook / Joe Thornton not making the team is quite debatable to say the least for Team Canada.

Why do I have a feeling that a sleeper team will take it?

I'd argue that this leftovers team could give a decent run to the US squad lol. (hey sh!t talking is part of the fun)

Hall - Giroux - St.Louis

Couture - Thornton - Ladd

Skinner - E.Staal - Neal

Lucic - Seguin - Iginla

Richards - J.Staal - Little

Seabrook - Staal

Letang - Boyle

Alzner - Phaneuf

Methot - Hamonic

Crawford

Fleury

Bernier

It's not sh!t-talking, it's the TRUTH.

I'd argue that this leftovers team could give a decent run to the US squad lol. (hey sh!t talking is part of the fun)

Hall - Giroux - St.Louis

Couture - Thornton - Ladd

Skinner - E.Staal - Neal

Lucic - Seguin - Iginla

Richards - J.Staal - Little

Seabrook - Staal

Letang - Boyle

Alzner - Phaneuf

Methot - Hamonic

Crawford

Fleury

Bernier

There is always that joke that Canada could send a "B" team and have a chance at silver or what not, but this time it is really true. That team above is loaded and on a day with better goaltending, maybe win Gold. Canada has an embarrassment of riches right now in the league. The depth has never been this good. No Rob Zamuner, Shane Corson, or Kris Draper likes on the actual team or "B" team.

Of those jerseys posted on the previous page, Sweden, Latvia, and maybe Switzerland are the only teams wearing something that actually resembles a hockey jersey.  I can't wait until the day Nike is no longer making the uniforms, they have absolutely ruined international hockey jerseys for the past eight years.

Sweden's management had to fight back pretty hard to not get huge changes done to the jersey. Nike wanted to go some place totally different with it. 

I can't imagine what Nike would've wanted to change with it. Sweden's jersey is iconic, as is Canada's, more than any other countries'. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That should hold true in graphic design, fashion, whatever. Nike's ridiculous, some of these will be dated by 2015...

I wonder how St. Louis really feels about Yzerman leaving him off the Canadian squad. His own GM ... damn.

He's fvcking pissed. Being left off the 2010 and 2014 teams is a pretty strange thing when you have been as damn good as Marty. But, at least Yzerman was consistent. If you are going to pass on him in 2010, how can you put him on your team 4 years later when he is 38? 

It's a nice change of pace at least. Usually you have GMs and coaches fighting for their own guys. Yzerman put that all aside. Their relationship might be done, but it doesn't hurt the Lighting. You get a veteran player extra rest, and playing with a giant chip on his shoulder.

He's fvcking pissed. Being left off the 2010 and 2014 teams is a pretty strange thing when you have been as damn good as Marty. But, at least Yzerman was consistent. If you are going to pass on him in 2010, how can you put him on your team 4 years later when he is 38? 

It's a nice change of pace at least. Usually you have GMs and coaches fighting for their own guys. Yzerman put that all aside. Their relationship might be done, but it doesn't hurt the Lighting. You get a veteran player extra rest, and playing with a giant chip on his shoulder.

I imagine I would be pissed too.

St. Louis with two goals last night.

Can't believe Giroux was left off, I think he's one of the best in the league..surprising to say the least.

And yeah, Nash over MSL is a joke.  Different types of players, but still..

The US squad is going to get SQUASHED.  Good thing they have two dedicated checking lines to match with Canada's..Oh wait, Canada has four scoring lines.

All these jerseys were fvck ugly, awful, an abomination. Sweden's were fine as always, never been my favorite, but it works and it's got history. Swiss probably have the best of the bunch otherwise though. The fake laces make me want to puke.

I actually like the US jerseys.  I could do without the stars though.

All these jerseys were fvck ugly, awful, an abomination. Sweden's were fine as always, never been my favorite, but it works and it's got history. Swiss probably have the best of the bunch otherwise though. The fake laces make me want to puke.

Dick's had replicas of the US jersey for about $100-130 blank.

I actually like the US jerseys. I could do without the stars though.

I'm sorry but I've lost all respect for you with this post.

There is nothing likeable about those jerseys. Nothing. They are so bad that I refuse to allow you to have any other opinion, because my opinion is not actually an opinion it is a fact.

Those jerseys are terrible, and if you think otherwise you are a terrible human being.

I'm sorry but I've lost all respect for you with this post.

There is nothing likeable about those jerseys. Nothing. They are so bad that I refuse to allow you to have any other opinion, because my opinion is not actually an opinion it is a fact.

Those jerseys are terrible, and if you think otherwise you are a terrible human being.

They are not the worst jerseys I have ever seen, but they are not pretty by any standard.  I might get one just to say I have one after the Olympics when they are $30 in the bargain bin.

They are not the worst jerseys I have ever seen, but they are not pretty by any standard.  I might get one just to say I have one after the Olympics when they are $30 in the bargain bin.

lol yeah. I was gonna say if they moved the decimal over on that $100-130, it might be worth pondering.

Edited by ATLL765

They are not the worst jerseys I have ever seen, but they are not pretty by any standard. I might get one just to say I have one after the Olympics when they are $30 in the bargain bin.

well of course I exaggerate for effect but I don't understand how any sane person could say they "like" the jersey.