All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

http://nesn.com/2014/02/nicklas-backstrom-chirped-by-his-own-grandmother-before-swedens-olympic-opener/

Oh man this is funny. They Interviewed Nicklas Backstrom's 84 year old grandma before the game, and she said that "he'll make a fool of himself" at the Olympics, and that "he's played poorly for a long time", and even dissed the Caps, saying that "they had no game, as a whole."

Lmao. I'm dying. Old people do not give a sh!t

• Like 1

Having watched bits of both games and seeng Kovy Fly and Parise gain the zone, keep plays alive and forecheck its easy to see why the Devils have such a hard tme scoring now they are gone.

both just so tallented, we just dont have any players that tallented anywhere near our roster.

• Like 1

Having watched bits of both games and seeng Kovy Fly and Parise gain the zone, keep plays alive and forecheck its easy to see why the Devils have such a hard tme scoring now they are gone.

both just so tallented, we just dont have any players that tallented anywhere near our roster.

I think Elias and Jagr are equally talented but after that there is a big difference

Canada is just gonna roll these dudes.

Considering this Canadian team is arguably the best hockey team ever assembled, and we know Norway has one player on an NHL roster, I think this is an extremely impressive showing. I'll be watching them for the rest of the tournament. They're not as soft as most European teams. And it's not as if you can expect anyone to stop 38 of 38, and the Norwegian goalie did play well, the goals were generally stoppable. Who knows what happens if Norway has an NHL-caliber goaltender.

Edited by thecoffeecake
  • Like 1

Considering this Canadian team is arguably the best hockey team ever assembled, and we know Norway has one player on an NHL roster, I think this is an extremely impressive showing. I'll be watching them for the rest of the tournament. They're not as soft as most European teams. And it's not as if you can expect anyone to stop 38 of 38, and the Norwegian goalie did play well, the goals were generally stoppable. Who knows what happens if Norway has an NHL-caliber goaltender.

That was a great showing by Norway, they should be proud of the way they played. They hung with one of the best groups of NHL talent ever assembled with only one NHL'er on their roster- that's impressive. Plus the game got a little chippy at the end. I love chippiness in my Olympic hockey.