All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

That "Net must be on its moorings" rule seems like it could easily lead to some absurdities, even more so than it did here.

I agree considering quick was the one who nudged it off... But on that shot specifically it looks like that minuscule difference actually might have been the difference between the puck sneaking under the crossbar or hitting iron. If the net is where it should be, that shot very well might not have gone in.

I'm not sure what was dumber, the dislodged net rule or how the shootouts are conducted, but damn, that was an entertaining game of hockey.

USA!

I'm not a fan of the repeat rule either, but boy Oshie was insane.  Even the two he missed he had A+ chances to put them in.  At some point I figured he had to run out of moves.

I'm not a fan of the repeat rule either, but boy Oshie was insane.  Even the two he missed he had A+ chances to put them in.  At some point I figured he had to run out of moves.

Indeed. Gotta admit Kovy was sweet too. That "changeup" goal was so cool.