All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

Big ice changes the game for sure it also makes some NHL players not look so good.

I like oour chances against Russia better than against Canada assuming they all get there.

3 AM and I saw 7:30 AM tomorrow:  Women's USA team, Go USA

I will check TV schedule tonight

Edited by LucifersDog

If Canada could have won in regulation, we could have seen a Canada vs Russia showdown in the quarters.  But since they won in OT, the only way Canada and Russia can square off is in the Gold Medal Game.  Now that it's do or die for everyone, expect all teams to put forth a real effort.  Not much can be determined from the preliminary round.

big 3rd period 1-1 Fins don't want to roll over to the Canadians

I don't think the Finns saw themselves as underdogs.

I haven't really liked the attitudes of writers and analysts since the bracket came out. You'd think the US and Canada had byes to the semis with some of the language being used. It's dumb to speak assumptively regardless of who their quarterfinal opponents may be, but considering the talent either team could face, it discredits some of these guys even further.

So this basically means we can't face Russia until the gold medal game assuming we get there.

If Canada beats Finland, we also can't face Canada until the gold medal game.

This is not a true statement about Canada

We could meet Canada in the semis. USA and Canada win the quarter finals then they face each other with winner advancing to gold round.

This is not a true statement about Canada

We could meet Canada in the semis. USA and Canada win the quarter finals then they face each other with winner advancing to gold round.

I should have rephrased that as "if Canada beats Finland in regulation, we wouldn't have to face Canada until the Gold Medal game".  But since Canada won in OT, that changed things.