All purpose Olympics thread

SterioDesign

Seems like women's reffing and linesemaning(?) is not up to the standards for a tournament like this. From the linesman being completely out of position almost costing Canada the game to the two atrocious calls in OT giving Canada a PP and the game.

Shame because that was great entertainment.

On a side note, if you told Kevin Dineen at the start of the year that he would be coaching a team to an Olympic Gold Medal...wonder what the heck he'd say.

Edited by devilsrule33

that slashing call was for sh!t.  It's pretty lame when the refs win the game for you. whatever.

Coming at this from a Canadian perspective...

That call was lame at a first glance. But the US were slashing at the goalie several times throughout the game and once, after their captain did it, she was spoken to by the referee. If you don't want to get penalized, don't slash at the goalie for no reason. 

Refs have a tough job in women's hockey. Some of the dives in this game were comical. When body checking isn't allowed any contact draws a fall. Refs are constantly playing this makeup call garbage. Don't know what the solution is. Allow bodychecking?

4-3 situation. 

Team Canada vs. Team USA in women's hockey is one of the best hockey rivalries in any league, any level, any gender.

It had technically become a 5-3, no? Or it would have, at least.

My point was that there was no way the US was killing off the powerplays.

For a guy who whines all the time about Habs fans bugging you and being annoying...it's pretty clear you bring it on yourself and deserve it.

for one i never or very very very rarely whine about refs, calls goes your way sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. People ALWAYS simply focus and remember the ones that goes against them though.

edit: plus it has nothing to do with me that habs fans called the cops on chara and bullsh!t like that lol absolutely nothing to do with me or deserving it

Edited by SterioDesign

Eat a dick Canada. You'll get what you're long overdue for tomorrow.

Hopefully this lights a fire under their asses.

for one i never or very very very rarely whine about refs, calls goes your way sometimes and sometimes it doesnt. People ALWAYS simply focus and remember the ones that goes against them though.

In fairness, if that puck slides into the open net instead of into the post, you'd have all of Canadian bitching about the reffing right now.

The US does have only themselves to blame.  2-0 lead with 4 minutes to go should be a win.

Still doesn't excuse the officiating in OT though.

We owe them something fierce. Tomorrow they get to feel they way we feel today, and the way we felt in 02 and 10.

I hope Phil goes in beast mode watching his sister's team get screwed like that.  It's funny though.  Imagine if that empty net chance had gone in.  Canada would be crying about the linesmen getting in the way.

Refs have a tough job in women's hockey. Some of the dives in this game were comical. When body checking isn't allowed any contact draws a fall. Refs are constantly playing this makeup call garbage. Don't know what the solution is. Allow bodychecking?

I agree - like when Wickenheiser was completely out of gas, felt some pressure from behind, and then flopped like she had been shot on that breakaway?

I'm being a bit of a sore loser here but the officiating in overtime was horrendous.  Absolutely embarrassing.