NFL Divisonal Playoffs!

CRASHER

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience won out. Lot of silly stuff and the Panthers just got too hyped up and did some stupid stuff. Josh Thomas is a fvcking idiot. That penalty was truly pathetic. Just fvcking selfish from an idiot who wouldn't shouldn't even be on the field.

Awful play calling by Shula who has turned a once fun offense in to a really crappy one. Having said that, there just isn't much talent on the offense. The 49ers exposed that late. There are no playmakers and everyone struggles to get open. The rushing game has also been non existent. Getting down two scores is not something this offense is built to overcome.

But amazing how different a game can be. Get stopped on the 2nd and goal from the 1, and it easily could have been 14-6. Then the 49ers get away with a headbutt right in front of a ref, when the 49ers got a drive extended because of the very same thing 15 minutes early. Seconds later the 49ers have 12 guys in a huddle, and get away with it. Not even worth dwelling on, but shouldn't referees call the game fairly or make the right calls when it is not even during the play. Reffing is hard at full speed, but it's right there in front of you when the play is dead.

Minor things in the end after what was such an awful second half. The defense struggled for the first time in a while, and the offense just moved way too slowly. They don't have much experience running the hurry up stuff, and it showed.

Pretty disappointed but I'll take it over a stomach punch loss.

Carolina definitely got some unfair calls (I'm sure many of the fans leaving the building are feeling screwed), but at the same time, they came apart a bit on the big stage.  And yeah, they had some weaknesses exposed.   

A #1 or #2 seed (or multiple #1s and #2s) get knocked off at some point though...as we've seen, not THAT much difference between these teams anymore, and any one team can beat any other any given game, no matter whose house the game is played in.

Carolina definitely got some unfair calls (I'm sure many of the fans leaving the building are feeling screwed), but at the same time, they came apart a bit on the big stage.  And yeah, they had some weaknesses exposed.   

A #1 or #2 seed (or multiple #1s and #2s) get knocked off at some point though...as we've seen, not THAT much difference between these teams anymore, and any one team can beat any other any given game, no matter whose house the game is played in.

There was no difference between these teams really, and most good teams can overcome not having home field. The 49ers are that team.

Carolina did come apart in the big stage, but even coming up apart is such a large term for a few small things. A dropped pass. One bad defensive drive, a long drive that ended with a sack...and boom the game is done. It's funny how that works. People make too big a deal about everything to write articles, sell papers etc. These are small tiny margins.

The first half was a really great half of football. The second was a dud. Only one team to blame for that.

Edited by devilsrule33

Kapernick is the biggest a$$hole in the league, and not even that good.

Refs taking control of the game

He sure was talking a lot in the press conference. Kap has a lot of great tools, but this team is so loaded that Alex Smith could still be the QB, and they'd be fine. He is in a great spot right now.

This comes back to the media. They build these guys up only to tear them down only to build them back up, etc. They overstate the good play and the bad play. Cam Newton never had a sophomore slump, but it felt a narrative after they built him up to be a God, and sets the stage for this great season he had. Cam Newton has been the same QB for 3 years now, and that's a pretty damn good one. Colin K, also didn't have a slump either. He was just never as good as that one game showed. Even though, Jaws declared him "the greatest QB ever."

Everyone should watch this video to show how you create controversy, hype, BS.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

Edited by devilsrule33

He sure was talking a lot in the press conference. Kap has a lot of great tools, but this team is so loaded that Alex Smith could still be the QB, and they'd be fine. He is in a great spot right now.

http://deadspin.com/how-espn-manufactures-a-story-colin-kaepernick-edition-1185400028

Plus he didn't spend the formative years of his career getting the snot kicked out of him like Alex Smith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same old Chargers...but they were a back-into-the-playoffs 8-8 team for a reason.  Not coming up with that in-the-hands potential pick on Denver's first drive and turning the fumble recovery into points has likely killed any chance the Chargers had to make this a game. 

HUGE pick for SD right there...but Denver gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Wow...San Diego will look back on this one and realize they caught Denver in a game where they should've have been in it for longer than they were.  But that's what happens when you make too many mistakes and don't execute enough. 

Chargers pull to within 10 again, but you KNOW their D won't stop Denver here. 

Chargers had their chances...couldn't get it done...just didn't execute enough.

Looks like it will be a Broncos-Seahawks Super Bowl.  Hope I'm wrong about the Broncos, but the Pats are just SO beat up.  And Brady's receiving targets are few. 

If BB finds a way to beat the Broncos with his current roster, then he's coach of the millennium. 

Most be a money game because Boldin just took over.

Seattle vs 49ers IS the Super Bowl

No surprise about the Broncos. Peyton showed why is a big game player. Now, if only his D shows up against Blount and company.

Denver vs Pats should be a good game. As long as the Denver D doesn't fold.

Boy what a bunch of letdown games this weekend (aside of the Seattle one).....one of the things I always hate about this time of year....the NFL is a rare sport where the playoffs tend to not match the awesomeness of the regular season as much as you'd hope for.....lots of TERRIBLE officiating this weekend too.....

Jim Harbaugh is a good head coach, but what the hell are you doing faking a punt there? Can you imagine the outcry if Rex did that? 

Thank you for bringing that up....that was one of the douchiest things I can ever remember seeing in an NFL game.....you want to run out the 13 seconds, put the backup QB in the game and let him run for his life for the time left....the 49ers VERY fast have become an unlikable group of guys (I didn't like the Cam taunts either yesterday, wasn't like Cam did anything to incite them yesterday)

Thank you for bringing that up....that was one of the douchiest things I can ever remember seeing in an NFL game.....you want to run out the 13 seconds, put the backup QB in the game and let him run for his life for the time left....the 49ers VERY fast have become an unlikable group of guys (I didn't like the Cam taunts either yesterday, wasn't like Cam did anything to incite them yesterday)

Kaepernick is definitely heading towards the top of the "unlikable" list. 

Kaepernick is definitely heading towards the top of the "unlikable" list. 

I don't really get all worked up about this stuff, and I wasn't really, but since the discussion is here: It was kind of funny that Kap mocked Cam's celebration when he has a celebration of his own. Are they fun? Are they dumb, I don't know. Kap flexes, Cam has the Superman stuff, and Rodgers had the belt. It can be entertaining, but why mock one celebration when you have your own? 

Like I said, Kap can do some amazing athletic things. He can throw a nice ball at times too, but he has the best situation going in football. Who has a better o-line, run game, receiving weapons and defense than him. He better make something happen next week because it won't get much easier moving forward. I'm not rooting against him either. When he is on, he's an awesome player to watch.

Harbaugh is something else. He went from being such a likeable coach to either a douche or maybe the craziest person in football. The fake punt move went against everything, but no guarantee he made that call. And even if he did, I won't get bent out of shape for it.

I can't see them going into Denver and winning (not because of BB, only because I think they've just lost too many bodies).  I feel like they're playing with house money at this point.

Don't look now but Denver's D is losing bodies left and right now too.  No Von Miller and now Harris is out of the playoffs as well.

Ironically I think their coaches are making all these marquee QB's go ground and pound more in the playoffs BECAUSE their defenses all suck, so they have to protect them (the defenses).  Brees/Rodgers/Brady even Peyton to a degree have all handed it off a lot more than normal this playoff year, it's an interesting dichotomy.

Edited by NJDevs4978