GDT: Devils @ Leafs 1/12- 7pm EST

dmann422

So sad

What are we, roughly 1 for 30 as a team in the shootout this year?

Anyone on this board who has ever held a hockey stick before could do better than that....

Oh well.  I'm not too disappointed.  BTW, the Devils have to be leading the league in OT games.

OT games/shootouts and 1 goal wins/losses

Every Devils game is down to the wire

Or it's possible they could wind up playing in April due to not being behind after 60 minutes.

The reason they'll miss the playoffs is going to be because of the skills competition. It's leaving too many points on the table. It'll be a travesty especially in the glorious manner they're doing it,

Or it's possible they could wind up playing in April due to not being behind after 60 minutes.

I know you like to be the eternal optimist but could you please just take off the red blinders and devils pompoms for just a minute and look at reality?

Thats points on the table that the devils have given up and losing a few of these are ok but to be 0-8 and it's mid January it has a very good chance of biting them in the ass come April.

Edited by DevsMan84

The reason they'll miss the playoffs is going to be because of the skills competition. It's leaving too many points on the table. It'll be a travesty especially in the glorious manner they're doing it,

Or they'll make the playoffs because they found a way to not walk away with nothing.

I know you like to be the eternal optimist but could you please just take off the red blinders and devils pompoms for just a minute and look at reality?

Thats points on the table that the devils have given up and losing a few of these are ok but to be 0-8 and it's mid January it has a very good chance of biting them in the ass come April.

What about the points they're grabbing by not being behind after 60 minutes?

Better question is why we use a guy who sucks at them, and even hates them (Jagr).

and has said he does NOT like taking them, but our dumbass coach decides to use him instead of ryder who can actually score.

at this point might as well dress marty as a skater and have him shoot,  cant do any worse

Yea, even if we were .500 in the shootout, and were 4-4....those 4 points are going to be the difference between a playoff spot in April, and a ticket to the golf course

and has said he does NOT like taking them, but our dumbass coach decides to use him instead of ryder who can actually score.

at this point might as well dress marty as a skater and have him shoot,  cant do any worse

I want Jagr to go

He has the moves, he will eventually score on this

I also agreed with the Boucher selection, being that he has our ONLY shootout goal all friggin year

RYDER should have shot instead of Clowe.  What the hell has he shown to be one of our first 3 shootout shooters?!?!?1?

Or they'll make the playoffs because they found a way to not walk away with nothing.

What about the points they're grabbing by not being behind after 60 minutes?

Be honest. Do you understand how important it is that they are not only losing every SO and leaving precious points on the table, but also giving up points to teams in their own conference? You know it's going to bite them. You can't be throwing points away like this and not have it bite you. I'm not saying they should win every one, but damn, it's beyond embarrassing. It looks like they aren't even trying now. The coaches admit all this . The players admit it. They know. It seems like you're in denial and that 60 minutes is going to be the only way they get in. It won't be.

Edited by TheRedStorm