GDT: Devils @ Canadiens 1/14 - 7:30pm EST

Don

C'mon, Marty was going to get this game, for obvious reasons...and give Pete credit for giving Schneider back-to-backs.  At least the breaks are going Marty's way...so far, anyway (and he's made some nice saves to boot).

One goal and 7 assists for Clowe now in his past 8 GP.  Good for him. 

It's times for these obvious reasons to stop, though. Just like the outdoor game where you know he's starting, but it still does not give them the best chance to win. They need to see if CS can be a true #1, not a 30 game backup with impressive stats if they plan on making him a long term contract with good money.

If this was a game that didn't mean anything (like a march game if they're out) then sure send Brodeur out there. But this whole idea of giving him games out of some notion he "earned it" or "belongs" out there is the type of thing that gets most executives fired especially when the player is 41 and declining at the team's expense.

He has had an excellent game tonight.  Even though he's looked shaky at times.

Good, he got his token hometown start and now he can sit down until called. Looking at the next 6 games, CS has to start at least 4 including the two St Louis games. You know Brodeur is getting the outdoor, so it's either Phoenix or Washington for the 2nd game.

It's times for these obvious reasons to stop, though. Just like the outdoor game where you know he's starting, but it still does not give them the best chance to win. They need to see if CS can be a true #1, not a 30 game backup with impressive stats if they plan on making him a long term contract with good money.

If this was a game that didn't mean anything (like a march game if they're out) then sure send Brodeur out there. But this whole idea of giving him games out of some notion he "earned it" or "belongs" out there is the type of thing that gets most executives fired especially when the player is 41 and declining at the team's expense.

What do you think, Cory's going to start ALL of the remaining games except for a "meaningless" one here and there?  After tonight, the Devils will have 34 games left.  I would love to see Cory get at least 22 of them, which would give him at least 44 on the season...preferably, I'd like to see a 24-10 split in favor of Cory (that would give him 46 starts).  I could live with that (it'd also be a career-high in games started for Cory, and a nice transition into being a 50+ starts guy the following season).

Marty hasn't always been strong, goes without saying, and he's clearly not what he was, but as this could be his last season with the Devils, you're going to have to live with the fact that he'll get some "thank you" starts.  IF Cory plays as well as he has in his last three stats, and if he's getting a majority of the starts, then Marty starting games like tonight's shouldn't hurt too much, win or lose.  The good news is the Devils have found ways to win for Marty...it's not like they've got a horrible record in his games (now 13-9-4). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It may not always be pretty but a win is a win. Fantastic effort all around. Awesome to see Jagr and Clowe continue to step up offensively. Outside of the soft goal, it was awesome to see Brodeur perform the way he did tonight.

Devils On-Ice SH% for Brodeur is now 10.7%. 6.5% for Schneider. Devils now have played 10 games where they have 19 or less shots (5/5 home/road split).

Its nice to win by more than one goal. Don't feel like looking it up but it feels like it's been awhile since that happened.

We may have been outshot but even with a two goal lead we dominated possession in the third. Lol yea I can see how an opposing team can find us boring when we only give up a few quality chances to our opponents. But it was very entertaining for me, and I'm sure Moustic is loving it right now!

Marty made some saves, will give him credit the puck found him when it had to (as well as his mask and the post) however I thought he looked shaky and unsteady all night. But the puck bounced our way. The Devils also went into the defensive shell a bit too early in my opinion.

Great game by the devs. One of my favorite ones to watch this season. I love seeing them pal this way hopefully they can keep this up and racking up the points

felt a little bored at times but over all it was a pretty good game.. and more then just one goal made it worth watching as well

Corey can't even get 4 goals in five games lol, it's ridiculous how much better we play in front of Marty. I saw it on a play with Greene where he was attacking the puck carrier beside the net, lifting his stick and playing really strongly, and I was like, if that was Corey, it's Salvador in that position, and an easy wrap around goal.

Also, Sal and Volch as a pairing!? If you thought it couldn't get worse than Peter Harrold, it just did.

Heh. Moustic said before the game that he wanted Montreal to get one goal - just one - so he could get the experience of hearing a hockey-crazed Montreal crowd go wild. They got the one - and only one - goal he wanted. But he got two cheers since they celebrated the call-off goal too.

Good game by the Devils, but lousy game by Montreal. No passion, no hitting... Little effort. Got pictures of Marty coming out for his first star. I hope that is his last game in Montreal... It would be a good note to go out on.

My best live nhl game ever ! ; )

What an awesome experience ! I met Don, i had lot of funny chats with nice canadians fans, had so many high five with fellow devs fans that my hand still hurt...had a blast after the disallowed goal (people was nicely make fun of me just before) " Yes ? You were all saying ?"

Oh... And we win !

And had awesome junk food... Life is beautiful as a Carter's nose ! Marty !

• Like 1

My best live nhl game ever ! ; )

What an awesome experience ! I met Don, i had lot of funny chats with nice canadians fans, had so many high five with fellow devs fans that my hand still hurt...had a blast after the disallowed goal (people was nicely make fun of me just before) " Yes ? You were all saying ?"

Oh... And we win !

And had awesome junk food... Life is beautiful as a Carter's nose ! Marty !

Where were you sitting i was at the game aswell