GDT: 1/21/14 Blues @ Devils

Mike Brown

i wonder how empty the arena will be tonight.. i really dont know why they wouldnt find another time to have this game ... not even because its an inconveinence to get to the arena but due to it being just not safe in general.

Didn't Christie declare a state of emergency? If so, it adds to the ridiculousness of playing tonight.

LGD. We could be looking at the 334 Club part 2 tonight lol.

There'll never be an attendance that low again due to mass transit, not to mention there are more people in and around Newark than East Rutherford.  But it's still asinine to play this game.

I really hate that they don't postpone games or issue a refund, im a season ticket holder who has a hour drive without snow most games.  Guess ill try some friends in NY since they can get to the game by train unlike most NJ residents.

I honestly think they refuse to postpone a game because of the whole mystique of the 334 club and how that gets lionized every year.

The Devils website says right on the splash page that tonight's game will be played as scheduled. We have season tickets, but we're just eating this game. Took my wife well over an hour to make a 20-minute drive home from work, and it's only gotten worse since. Sux, but I'm not going back out in this.

game in philly is cancelled... hmmm

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=701651

NEW YORK / TORONTO -- Tonight's game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Carolina Hurricanes at Wells Fargo Center, NHL Game No. 749, has been postponed due to the snow emergency declared in the city of Philadelphia.

A makeup date will be announced as soon as it can be confirmed.

Edited by Dead

This game should've been cancelled at noon. Bad job by the Devils management. But then again they've pretty much whiffed on everything this year

I'm really confused by all the comments like these. There's been games played where the road conditions have been WAY worse then they are today, and snow falling MUCH heavier. I guess since the team isn't playing to our wonderful fanbase's standards this year it's just time to bitch and moan about everything possible.

Point has ALWAYS been, if both teams can get there, the officials can get there, the game will be played. It's never been different then any other year. 

I'm really confused by all the comments like these. There's been games played where the road conditions have been WAY worse then they are today, and snow falling MUCH heavier. I guess since the team isn't playing to our wonderful fanbase's standards this year it's just time to bitch and moan about everything possible.

Point has ALWAYS been, if both teams can get there, the officials can get there, the game will be played. It's never been different then any other year. 

Doesn't make those other incidents right.

The Flyers got things right today, the Devils didn't

Doesn't make those other incidents right.

The Flyers got things right today, the Devils didn't

I'm not going to argue over opinions. It's not cancelled...nor should it be in these conditions. It's not snowing over an inch an hour. Now, if someone has tickets to the game and can not make it due to the conditions, and the Devils are unwilling to accommodate in some way, then there's a valid conversation or argument to be had. Saying or insinuating the Devils are bush league to not cancel the game is just bitching for the sake of finding something to bitch about.

That's not a hard and fast rule, just a general guideline.  The Flyers and Hurricanes were both 'there' and it still got canceled.  

That's not a hard and fast rule, just a general guideline.  The Flyers and Hurricanes were both 'there' and it still got canceled.  

Never said it was a hard a fast rule, you are correct it's the general guideline. IDK why the Flyers cancelled their game except the fact that, that area is also expecting 4+ inches more of snow then Newark is.

I highly doubt the devils management would be the only ones responsible for canceling a game due to weather...

The gov of the state issues a state of emergency, Devils brass phone the NHL office and say the game should be postponed as it's dangerous for the fans to get there and the Devils will take a revenue hit playing in front of a paltry crowd. Concessions will be weak.

I doubt the NHL would object

Edited by '7'

my god i just heard deb say the blues already have 71 points... (dont know much about this team)... i hope this isnt a disaster here tonight.. also saw a interview with jagr from last game.. that man sounds pretty damn down and disappointed i hope he doesnt quit on this team they need him

I hate to say it but the Devils are such a second class operation. I had to eat my tickets tonight since traveling from

philly just isn't feasible. Can't wait for the next time they call me looking to sell a ticket package. All stubhub for here on out.

Have you called them and asked about some sort of compensation or alternate game tickets? Or are you just assuming they're a$$holes and don't care thus calling them a second class organization without even finding out what options you have...