GDT: NJ Devils vs. NY Rangers - 12:30pm on NBC - Stadium Series Editio

Colin226

Hope we have another big third period in us. But 3 goals may be too much to overcome. Lundqvist has settled down a bit which is also bad news.

Need to get back to dumping and chasing the puck in though. Guys are trying to skate through the blueline for some reason and it's leading to Rangers chances.

I can't even fathom the team I just watched tying this game.

It's a combination. The defense was a joke. Marty could make a save though. He hasn't really made a big save to bail his sh!tty D out. Everyone was to blame that period.

The defense sucked, but NHL goalies need to make saves. He hasn't made one comfortable save all game. He looks like an 80s goalie where if the pass goes across the ice on a 2-on-1, it's an automatic goal.

Cory has been left out to dry a few times and makes it look really easy.

I'm not saying our guys aren't to blame here but the refs are pretty accountable for at least a couple of the Ranger goals, and for that non-call on Stralman taking out Carter on his shot, that should have been at least a 2 minute, if not a penalty shot (would have preferred the 2 min given our penalty shot record).

We just lost the drive and speed we had in the first, the bad calls and a bit of lucky bounces for the rangers. Seriously, I respect your opinion but we gotta also stop trying to blame Salvador for things. And Marty. It's like these guys are gods when they play well, but magnets for sh!t talk when they have a bad day. Just sounds like a broken record

The Devils biggest flaws are just being exposed. All of them. Including coaching. 

Yeah here we go with the "Fire DeBoer" calls again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Legion15

He's sh!tting the bed. 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals is 6 goals. He was an incredible goalie; best of all time. But he is the sole reason why this game is out of hand. Our defense is pinching so much because they're behind two goals. They're behind two goals because Marty hasn't made a goddamned save yet. If you don't think this game is a result of Marty over Corey, I think you're dumb.

This 100%, people don't seem to get what playing from behind does to a team! we were in a perfect position to win! then Marty let in softies and bad goals. Then we started breaking down every other play because we are playing catch up.

Also I don't expect Marty to make all the saves on the odd man rushes, but he didn't even come close to making one. Cory absolutely stops some of those.

Salvador is trash as well. Whole d is looking bad today though, so he must be taking a page from praises book and leading by example.

The defense sucked, but NHL goalies need to make saves. He hasn't made one comfortable save all game. He looks like an 80s goalie where if the pass goes across the ice on a 2-on-1, it's an automatic goal.

Cory has been left out to dry a few times and makes it look really easy.

And he hasn't been hung out THAT badly. Rushes are bad, but on all of them, all Marty's had to do is cover half the net. The dman who got back has taken out the first shot, making the Rags predictable as hell.

The Marty and Salvador hate is hilarious. All we need is gionta hate and this thread will be complete.

Nobody is playing defense out there, including Greene and Fayne. Zidlicky and gelinas have been terrible, But let's point out Salvador even though he's been one of the better ones today and is getting more playing time since gelinas has been benched. No goalie can be expected to keep a team in this game, but let's call Marty a washed up old man since it's easy to.

I'm not saying our guys aren't to blame here but the refs are pretty accountable for at least a couple of the Ranger goals, and for that non-call on Stralman taking out Carter on his shot, that should have been at least a 2 minute, if not a penalty shot (would have preferred the 2 min given our penalty shot record).

We just lost the drive and speed we had in the first, the bad calls and a bit of lucky bounces for the rangers. Seriously, I respect your opinion but we gotta also stop trying to blame Salvador for things. And Marty. It's like these guys are gods when they play well, but magnets for sh!t talk when they have a bad day. Just sounds like a broken record

Yeah here we go with the "Fire DeBoer" calls again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's a game going on at Yankee stadium. Kind of an event. Maybe you should consider watching it?

Pulling Marty now does nothing. If he was gonna get pulled it shoulda been 3 bad goals ago. Pete and Marty should lay in the bed they've made. I'm sure we won't hear the end of this game from rag fans for the next 50 years,

At least the Rangers probably won't win any Stanley Cups during those 50 years. :thumbsup: