GDT: Devils at Predators (Devils west) 8:00 PM

Jerzey

Pete DeBoer teams blowing late leads...seen this before. Unacceptable result, the Devils needed the 2 points, especially with the OOT scores not going their way. I've calmed down over the years and try not to get worked up about regular season results but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to get down about this team making the playoffs. Not giving up but starting to lose confidence in this group.

I can't get on Schneider for this one. He made a mistake and never seemed to get set for the 1st goal against. Luckily, Hutton gifted Elias a goal after that. Can't blame Schneider for a 5v6 goal and the OT goal where Zidlicky kicked the puck for the perfect pass to Weber.

I thought Loktionov had a nice return in his limited action.

Ryder is absolutely maddening. He has one job and is horribly inconsistent at it. Now 10 games without a goal. Just 2 assists over that time.

Agree on Ryder.  Either red hot or damned near invisible.  Jesus H. 

Maybe we should call up larson, o we cant theyre saving that spot for harrold. If we dont make the playoffs again pete needs to be fired.

It's not only Pete who is responsible. He can only coach what he's got  (he even mismanages that). . It's building up on Lamoriello, too. Staring at 3 out of 4 years without playoffs, no 1st rounder, the loss of Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson, a roster where the best player is 41, a 500lb gorilla as a backup goaltender, and no offensive help anywhere in the organization. When Jagr is gone next year, what then? Imagine this year without him? 

Edited by TheRedStorm

It happens a LOT with Pete teams late in games, doesn't it?  These last two games brought back memories of last year's ill-fated Florida trip (another back-to-back where we blew leads in the last minute both times).  Even in 2012 we blew leads like crazy.

It's disgusting really.  I like Pete as a coach, but it's just unacceptable that he's perfectly fine with this kind of defensive system.

I'm too angry to watch the post game...please tell me he didn't just say that!

He did.  I think it's now playoffs or bust for Pete.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm too angry to watch the post game...please tell me he didn't just say that!

He did, and then he went all Torts-mode on TG (I think it was) for asking some inaudible question about the tying goal.

Coach DeBoer: "I think you have to look at the silver lining and that's: we got a point out of here tonight." #NJDevils

He did.  I think it's now playoffs or bust for Pete.

The day of decision's gotta come sooner than that.  They've been running in place as an organization for two years now with the same nonsense, and retarding any kind of player development.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pete is absolutely right. 4th game in 6, 5 in 8 with the stadium game, travel, back to backs, injuries.

Over the course of the season, Pete is right, these games are going to happen. What's he supposed to do? If we scored 3 goals EVER, this wouldn't be an issue.

They dont' score enough to close out teams ahead of problems like this. 6-on-5 lots of stuff to get bounces off of, which is what happened tonight. Zid accientally kicked the puck right to Weber in OT...what are you going to do?

Get the point, move on.

Pete is absolutely right. 4th game in 6, 5 in 8 with the stadium game, travel, back to backs, injuries.

Over the course of the season, Pete is right, these games are going to happen. What's he supposed to do? If we scored 3 goals EVER, this wouldn't be an issue.

They dont' score enough to close out teams ahead of problems like this. 6-on-5 lots of stuff to get bounces off of, which is what happened tonight. Zid accientally kicked the puck right to Weber in OT...what are you going to do?

Get the point, move on.

Yeah, this is basically how it is.  The Devils didn't play particularly well tonight but it's a back to back, both on the road - you don't expect them to play well.  They got two bounces in their favor and 3 against them.  They basically played a perfect 3rd period - no penalties, 7 shots on goal, that's as good as you can do up 1 goal on the road against a rested team.

I don't see anyone crediting DeBoer for NJ scoring 4 goals with the goalie out (Edmonton, Anaheim, two other games I'm forgetting)

Edited by Triumph

He did, and then he went all Torts-mode on TG (I think it was) for asking some inaudible question about the tying goal.

Coach DeBoer: "I think you have to look at the silver lining and that's: we got a point out of here tonight." #NJDevils

The day of decision's gotta come sooner than that.  They've been running in place as an organization for two years now with the same nonsense, and retarding any kind of player development.

If the Devils lose the next three games and look awful doing it, maybe DeBoer gets the ax, but it seems like a longshot to me.  Besides, who's out there that you'd want?  Laviolette?

Get the point, move on.

We've had four games we've blown a lead with under a minute to go this season.  That just can't happen.  Not to mention just last season we had the two games against the two Florida teams where we did the same thing.  This has been way too common of an occurrence for us to just accept it.

Yeah, this is basically how it is.  The Devils didn't play particularly well tonight but it's a back to back, both on the road - you don't expect them to play well.  They got two bounces in their favor and 3 against them.  They basically played a perfect 3rd period - no penalties, 7 shots on goal, that's as good as you can do up 1 goal on the road against a rested team.

I don't see anyone crediting DeBoer for NJ scoring 4 goals with the goalie out (Edmonton, Anaheim, two other games I'm forgetting)

Philly was one.

We've done it 6 times I think.  We also did it 6 times back in 2006-2007 when Julien was the coach.  

We've had four games we've blown a lead with under a minute to go this season. That just can't happen. Not to mention just last season we had the two games against the two Florida teams where we did the same thing. This has been way too common of an occurrence for us to just accept it.

I don't have numbers to provide here, but my gut tells me this happened VERY often last year as well.

It's a staple of the PDB system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils 1m

Angry at questions about blowing lead late 2 straight, Pete DeBoer had some terse words, cut an interview short, slammed door to coachs room

Haha good, melt down.  Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

Angry at questions about blowing lead late 2 straight, Pete DeBoer had some terse words, cut an interview short, slammed door to coachs room

Haha good, melt down.  Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

Maybe he'll have Jagr not put his stick down to try to block the shot next time.

I don't have numbers to provide here, but my gut tells me this happened VERY often last year as well.

It's a staple of the PDB system.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's a staple of typically having bad goaltending and I don't think there's really anything more to it than that.  Again, you'd expect it if NJ was giving up these huge surges, but they're not.  They played a terrific period both last night and tonight.  Who wouldn't be frustrated?

Why does everyone hate DeBoer all of a sudden? Because Jagr knocked in a fluky goal? I don't get it. It's not his fault this team can't score and has no elite offensive players

It seems like most people on this board has hated on PDB for awhile lol. Maybe since last season.

I'm happy he's pissed.  Hopefully he does something about it.

Why does everyone hate DeBoer all of a sudden? Because Jagr knocked in a fluky goal? I don't get it. It's not his fault this team can't score and has no elite offensive players

I don't hate Deboer.  I actually like him as a coach.  But as I said, this kind of thing has happened far too often.  I agree tonight was purely bad luck, but why was Legwand so open?  I don't get why they don't play those 6 on 5 situations like they do on the pk.  The pk is so good because it's so aggressive.

People also need to stop blaming the lack of goal scoring as some sort of excuse.  Believe it or not, even the elite offensive teams have to protect late 1 goal leads as well.

Haha good, melt down. Maybe this'll finally light a fire under the organization to do something different.

Good. I hope he's as pissed as we all are right now.