Discuss - Most Likely Trade Deadline Targets

Sharifijanov2099

Let's move Schneider while he's still got some value. He's just going to coast along the next season and a half and bounce. It's always seemed to me that he hates it here. Imagine what St. Louis would give up for him.

Anyway, I liked Parenteau when he was with the Isles. Also, Erat is having a terrible season with Washington and has requested to be traded twice, they could probably get him for nothing.

Sure, move a terrific puckstopper in his prime when the Devils have no one in their system remotely capable of being a #1.  That makes sense. 

Sure, move a terrific puckstopper in his prime when the Devils have no one in their system remotely capable of being a #1.  That makes sense. 

Well, we're gonna find out if Kinkaid can stop pucks consistently at this level when Cory signs eight years with the Flyers next summer.

Well, we're gonna find out if Kinkaid can stop pucks consistently at this level when Cory signs eight years with the Flyers next summer.

He can't sign for 8 years there.  He can only do that here.  I think Lou is going to do everything he can to get him re-signed this offseason.  If Lou thought Kinkaid or Wedge were the answers he doesn't give up his pick for Schneider in the first place.

He can't sign for 8 years there.  He can only do that here.  I think Lou is going to do everything he can to get him re-signed this offseason.  If Lou thought Kinkaid or Wedge were the answers he doesn't give up his pick for Schneider in the first place.

Doesn't affect my point at all. He's going to leave. I'm not the eternal pessimist, but he's leaving. Why not trade him to St. Louis, add another piece, get Halak and a top 6 guy who can finish?

Sooooooo, who's STILL up for throwing away assets for a rental to go ALL IN for the playoffs just to see more games like the last 3 ?

im certainly not.

I want picks or prospects for the future cause this fvcking team has shown they don't won't do sh!t in the playoffs

edit: i mean yeah, its cute to be all like "never give up on your team and bla bla bla we still have a chance" but i mean come on. This team has NEVER shown consistency this season and they CAN'T SCORE. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Sooooooo, who's STILL up for throwing away assets for a rental to go ALL IN for the playoffs just to see more games like the last 3 ?

im certainly not.

I want picks or prospects for the future cause this fvcking team has shown they don't won't do sh!t in the playoffs

edit: i mean yeah, its cute to be all like "never give up on your team and bla bla bla we still have a chance" but i mean come on. This team has NEVER shown consistency this season and they CAN'T SCORE. 

Except when you only need one or two pieces from being a legit contender, you absolutely go for it.  The whole mindset of not doing anything in the playoffs is so stupid.  When you have a chance to get in, you try and get in.  Period.  End of story.

im certainly not.

Yeah, but the point of that rental would be to transform some of those unlucky post hits into goals, some of those one point, overtime losses into wins, and propel us into the playoffs.

Yeah, but the point of that rental would be to transform some of those unlucky post hits into goals, some of those one point, overtime losses into wins, and propel us into the playoffs.

Thank you.  People underestimate the difference one player can make.  Jeff Carter turned the Kings into a powerhouse in 2012.  Of course they also changed coaches during the season.

Except when you only need one or two pieces from being a legit contender, you absolutely go for it.  The whole mindset of not doing anything in the playoffs is so stupid.  When you have a chance to get in, you try and get in.  Period.  End of story.

Its not as if i dont know that and get it. But the team is not in a position to afford it. We have no first round pick, we have absolutely no scoring on the team or coming our way in our system other than boucher, which wouldnt be enough. A bunch of our core and best players will be gone in a few years... WE HAVE TO RESTOCK and hope for the best or we'll never compensate from our lack of scoring.

Its not as if i dont know that and get it. But the team is not in a position to afford it. We have no first round pick, we have absolutely no scoring on the team or coming our way in our system other than boucher, which wouldnt be enough. A bunch of our core and best players will be gone in a few years... WE HAVE TO RESTOCK and hope for the best or we'll never compensate from our lack of scoring.

thank god you're not the GM, my god. who gives up when your a point out? you would be fired so fast

Bingo.  I never liked the people saying "Well, even if we make it, we won't do anything in the playoffs anyways!"

The sharks will make it to the playoffs and lose first round. They always do, its teams that get hot at the right time

Edited by fsu1852

They still made it. San Jose can easily make noise every year, but they fold under the finals. Devils can make noise as well, we play the pens,rangers and flyers strong, we'd have a dam good shot.

dont count one because they didnt show up, but all I am saying is that if you make to the playoffs anything can happen even if your turn is decent like the Devils

thank god you're not the GM, my god. who gives up when your a point out? you would be fired so fast

Bingo. I never liked the people saying "Well, even if we make it, we won't do anything in the playoffs anyways!"

This team needs future prospects. Do you guys want to be in this perpetual state of mediocre play and talent for the next decade?

We can pretend this team has a shot at making the playoffs, or we can be realistic and try and acquire some picks or prospects to fill the cupboard.

It's looking like this team is going to be 5 points back at the deadline, which is the WORST POSSIBLE SCENARIO. We shouldn't be buyers this year, seriously.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk