Official 2014 New York Mets Thread

nmigliore

This is like the perfect game for John Lannan to eat up innings in but nah let's use the young arm that threw 30+ pitches yesterday!

Terry never fails to prove why he's an amateur that no one else wanted. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-3 and outscored 22-10.  39 strikeouts. 

Angels are actually playing even worse...0-3 and outscored 26-8.  Yikes.

I've always known that Mike Francesa was a complete douche on many levels.  It's bad enough that he can barely put sentences together anymore (lots of stammering and Butt-Head like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"s), and has a way of stating only the obvious or using lots of words to say nothing at all, but this is a whole new level of douchery for this bloated a$$hole:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10721495/daniel-murphy-new-york-mets-deflects-criticism-taking-paternity-leave

"You're a major league baseball player. You can hire a nurse,'' Mike Francesa reportedly said of Murphy on WFAN Radio during Wednesday's show. "What are you gonna do, sit there and look at your wife in the hospital bed for two days?"

You fat, stupid, piece-of-sh!t blowhard.  REALLY?!  It was the birth of his first child you fvcking MORON!  Somehow you actually found someone who was willing to get on top of you (underneath you definitely was NOT an option) without throwing up (hope the room was as dark as possible for her sake) and was even willing to give birth to three children with you!  How the fvck can you tell someone that he is not entitled to two whopping days with his wife and newborn child?  Wow, he's going to a miss a whole two games with a team that everyone but Sandy knows has no chance to reach the playoffs.  How horrible.  And you have NO excuse Fat fvck...it's not like you haven't had kids...you should know that there's bonds that form and memories that are priceless when your wife/fiance/girlfriend/whoever gives birth to your child, and you're there for as much of as it as possible, both before, during, and after.   

What a complete fvcking jerk.  a$$hole. 

As far as the Murphy thing goes, this is frigging April.  I might feel differently if this were a September/October game that actually mattered and Murphy missed the additional day but really getting on the guy for missing two April games (really one game, since I don't think anyone truly faults him for missing Opening Day) when he's played 317 of 324 games the past two seasons is silly.  Christ, you miss more time than that randomly getting the flu.

The truly hilarious part of Francesa's rant is his own station gives up to ten days' paternity leave - not three like the baseball CBA - which you can actually defer part of and take later that year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

TC now says they'll commit to one 1B for now instead of this silly juggling act. Ya know, this all could've been avoided if a certain someone didn't go half-ass on his job this winter.

Joel Sherman says Abreu has a 4/30 opt out on his minor league deal. Wonder if this happens sooner than later with Young on the DL and TC committing to one of Davis/Duda now. In fact, tomorrow wouldn't surprise me. We'll see.

Edited by nmigliore

I'm sure CR is thrilled Duda's the guy getting an extended look lol

In an odd way, yes, because:

1)  He'll fail like he has every other time he's been given a chance (it's actually comical that he's actually being given another one...way to go Sandy!), which will hopefully put to rest this idiotic notion the Mets seem to have that Doofus can be an everyday player. 

2)  His inevitable failure will allow the Mets to then determine if Ike is their guy going forward. 

At least the Mets are finally making some fvcking DECISIONS...the kind the GM should've made last year. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

TC now says they'll commit to one 1B for now instead of this silly juggling act. Ya know, this all could've been avoided if a certain someone didn't go half-ass on his job this winter.

Joel Sherman says Abreu has a 4/30 opt out on his minor league deal. Wonder if this happens sooner than later with Young on the DL and TC committing to one of Davis/Duda now. In fact, tomorrow wouldn't surprise me. We'll see.

I'm to the point where I wonder if Sandy even gives a damn anymore. 

Montero's 2014 debut: 6 IP, 4 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 5 strikeouts; 79 pitches, 55 strikes.

Ho-hum. 

Nice.

Is Syndergaard going tonight? 

Nice.

Is Syndergaard going tonight? 

Yep. Definitely more excited for his debut.

Nimmo had a solid debut for St. Lucie last night (2-for-3 with a double and a walk). Wouldn't be shocked if he busts out this year; he bulked up, he's out of Savannah (hell on LHB), hand injury that plagued him last year is behind him. 

Edited by nmigliore

Yep. Definitely more excited for his debut.

Nimmo had a solid debut for St. Lucie last night (2-for-3 with a double and a walk). Wouldn't be shocked if he busts out this year; he bulked up, he's out of Savannah (hell on LHB), hand injury that plagued him last year is behind him. 

I think the answers are going to have to come up through the system, unless the Mets get a new GM.  I think Sandy's given up, for a number of reasons. 

I'm going to be in my cave tonight with the Devils on one TV and the Mets on the other.  This has long night written all over it...

All per Rubin: so Duda's "extended look" will still include an Ike start this weekend. TC will start Satin vs LHP in "some" games, but not a straight platoon. And Duda will get a look in the outfield if his try at 1B goes unsuccessful. 

My reaction to all of this: LOL followed by a giant facepalm. 

I take back what I said about not wanting to move Ike or Duda for a relief arm. It only took 3 games for this to become an annoying, confusing mess. One of these guys really needs to just get the heck out of here. Commit to one, dump the other for whatever the hell you can get for him, and be done with it. 

This is all on Mr. Passive as usual for deciding the best answer to the problem was to ignore it, just like he did with SS and the bullpen. 

Edited by nmigliore

All per Rubin: so Duda's "extended look" will still include an Ike start this weekend. TC will start Satin vs LHP in "some" games, but not a straight platoon. And Duda will get a look in the outfield if his try at 1B goes unsuccessful. 

My reaction to all of this: LOL followed by a giant facepalm. 

I take back what I said about not wanting to move Ike or Duda for a relief arm. It only took 3 games for this to become an annoying, confusing mess. One of these guys really needs to just get the heck out of here. Commit to one, dump the other for whatever the hell you can get for him, and be done with it. 

This is all on Mr. Passive as usual for deciding the best answer to the problem was to ignore it, just like he did with SS and the bullpen. 

WHAT THE fvck?!!?

So basically, nothing's really changed at all.  Look, go with friggin' Doofus...why the hell not?  If it goes the way I think it will, he'll play poorly enough to lose the job in 4-6 weeks, tops. 

More and more I wonder what the hell 2013 was for.  The only good thing that came out of that year was Wheeler getting some experience, and Mejia pitching well enough to get consideration for 2014.  Other than that...what?  Jesus fvck, how much more does Doofus have to be a disaster in the outfield? 

I want Sandy gone so bad.  nmig, tell me...do you think he still wants to be here?  I really do think everything that comes with the Mets has sucked out whatever passion he had for the job (which I don't think was much to begin with)...not defending him for it, but I just don't know how someone can be THIS passive in a job like this.  I need an explanation. 

true, but considering where the Mets are below average compared to other teams, having an average position player actually seems like a win.

The pen, the outfield, catcher, 1b, SS. Average looks pretty good.

Edited by '7'

Doofus with a big day...two 2-run dingers. 

Yeah, Murph is not very good.  Decent hitter, but that's about it, and we know he doesn't get on base nearly enough.

EY failing spectacularly.   

Pretty good game for Mejia, though the walks and pitch count were sore spots.  At least the Mets are getting decent starting pitching, though one worries how they'll hold up with Terry the Amateur killing their arms.

Wow, imagine a zilch like Lannan sucking.  Hearing some well-deserved boos. 

Kudos to Recker -- nailed Billy Hamilton trying to steal and it wasn't close. That was a huge out. 

Hamilton has only been caught twice in his MLB career, both times by Met catchers (Centeno and now Recker).

Edited by nmigliore