Official 2014 New York Mets Thread

nmigliore

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it can't be so significant though...maybe a utility infielder or a reliever with slightly better upside than Thornton

Also Aaron Harang, a scrap heap pickup to eat up innings for us last year has now no hit us through 5. Amazing the restorative qualities of a Braves uniform

It is a nice place, but something about it...I think a large % of Mets fans will say it's never felt like home. And we're into year 6 already.

The Mets were never associated with anything retro, they were always about what's new and exciting. I don't think a retro park really fits the franchise. I would've loved to have seen something sleeker...glass. Something that glows in Mets colors at night. Think Console Energy Center or Prudential Center. I, like all other Mets fans have no affinity or nostalgia for the Dodgers...when I see the Ebbets type design when walking in it kills it for me, it's like...WHY?

It is a nice place, but something about it...I think a large % of Mets fans will say it's never felt like home. And we're into year 6 already.

The Mets were never associated with anything retro, they were always about what's new and exciting. I don't think a retro park really fits the franchise. I would've loved to have seen something sleeker...glass. Something that glows in Mets colors at night. Think Console Energy Center or Prudential Center. I, like all other Mets fans have no affinity or nostalgia for the Dodgers...when I see the Ebbets type design when walking in it kills it for me, it's like...WHY?

Part of it's the fact we've never had a single 'big' game at Citi either.  Losing records every season aren't exactly going to get repeat customers.  Most Devil fans were complaining about the Rock till the '12 playoff run, then it became home.  They need to have a few real September/October moments there.

It's sad when I think of big Citi moments the first thing that comes to mind is the All-Star game.  And that was only Mets-related cause of Harvey.  Oh and the Santana no-hitter (d'oh!)...that's it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Harang now 6 outs away from a not hitter, and if he gets into trouble with walks they will just bring in relievers who will no hit us

He's at well over 100 pitches and Mets are missing 89 mph fastball over the middle of the plate. Wright, d'Arnaud...everybody. Just pathetic.

I doubt they'll let Harang throw his arm out the way we kind of had to with Johan though who knows, they can always just replace him with the next reclamation project and keep on humming.  Them and the Cardinals are just remarkable in their abillity to get guys off the scrap heap and that's outlasted Mazzone and Dave Duncan in both places.

Edited by NJDevs4978

What a circus of an 8th inning. Not sure why d'Armoron was throwing to 3rd with Uggla pretty much on the bag already, but you put on the Met uniform and all it does is apparently kill brain cells.

good lord Granderbay, make the catch already.

Edited by '7'

I think the Mets are like 6-16 going back to last year in Wilpons tomb. Just atrocious. Can't win at home

Close enough...7-15 in their last 22 home games going back to last year.  Actually it's worse if you go back to mid-August, 9-21 in their last 30 home games.  The sad part is we can probably find similar stretches more than once over the last five years.

Didn't see this one.  Glad I didn't.  I'll be in Colorado all week, so I won't get to see much Met baseball at all.

Sucks that the Mets had a chance to make some kind of statement to their fans and failed miserably, but that's what they do.  At least Niese turned in a strong start. 

'7', I agree with you on Citi...I've always said it's a place the Mets happen to play in...of course, Freddy and Jeffy decided the ballpark should pay homage to a team that had left New York about 50 years prior to Citi's opening, which turned some fans off to the building right away.  They HAVE taken some steps to correct some of the outright stupid decisions, like building the Mets HOF...but 4978 is right, it's going to take some serious winning before it starts to feel like home.  Right now a lot of Met fans hate everything about their franchise. 

4978, I don't remember hearing anyone really bitch about the Rock.  Not sure what they'd really bitch about. 

Re:  Ike Davis, I'm not surprised Sandy loused it up.  The bigger joke is Doofus actually getting the job, but the good news is by next season, by virtue of the Doofmeister failing monumentally with this latest undeserved chance he's being given, the Mets should be in the market for a real first baseman next season.  I don't kid myself...if Davis had been the one to stick around, it might not have gone any better.  Oh well...guess it's time to look forward to 20-25 accidental home runs, a decent OB%, and not much more. 

The player to be named later in ike davis deal is expected to be a 2013 pirates draftee. Hearing that's key piece. #mets

Before people start asking about Austin Meadows or Reese McGuire, it definitely won't be them. These guys were 1st rounders and ranked among BP's Top 100 this offseason. There is absolutely NO chance either will be the PTBNL Ike Davis.

Edited by nmigliore